The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

New Video Page Look on YouTube

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Waluigifan,Apr 2 2010 on  10:40 PM
I can't believe it... I thought it was an April Fool's joke...
This is blasphemy... THIS IS MADNESS. :blink: :o

Waluigifan

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.waluigi.de
Read all these negative comments... (I agree to them all)
http://www.youtube.com/youtube
http://youtube-global.blogspot.com/2010/03...s.html#comments

YouTube HAVE TO change it if they don't want to lose most of their members!

I won't upload any new videos until the old star ranking system comes back, it's a kind of strike.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Such negative comments are definitely going to make them understand.  Google can't win popularity contents with the crappy way YouTube is. :P:

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm guessing it's just me that actually likes it then. It's less complicated, which is good because really I want to be focusing on the video, not on it's statistics, or what other people think of it or whatever. If I choose to look at those things though I still can with little effort. I mean, when you get down to it, it's not even that different from the old style. It's mostly still there (and I'm pretty sure there's new stuff too), but it still manages to feel less cluttered.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I personally don't think it's less complicated than the other layout. I could get used to this new layout, but the older one was still better in my opinion.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Quote from: 2007excalibur2007,Apr 2 2010 on  11:19 AM
Quote from: Waluigifan,Apr 2 2010 on  10:40 PM
I can't believe it... I thought it was an April Fool's joke...
This is blasphemy... THIS IS MADNESS. :blink: :o
Madness...THIS. IS. YOUTUUUUUBE!!!

But yes, I'm not too keen on the new layout either. The rating system looked fine as it was, now it looks very flawed. The comments are too difficult to read now as they all look squashed together. But then again, I don't have a Youtube account.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I just noted one thing they FINALLY perfected with this update and that's the ability to transfer information of your Viewing History between browsers.  Before, it would only record them in separate browsers.  Basically, what you watch in Firefox would not be there when you check it in Google Chrome.  They finally fixed that problem.

Does this update excuse them from the crappy layout?  No, it does not!  Why?  Because it's such a simple thing, they should have been able to do it sooner.

Waluigifan

• Spike
    • View Profile
It seems to me that YouTube doesn't care about their members and that they won't change the design back. I really would like to delete my account now to show YouTube how much damage they give to the members who are registered since 2007... the only reason why I won't delete it is that I've been working on this account for years, and I really would like to beat 1 million video views. In addition, I don't like to disappoint all my "friends" and subscribers.

RIP YouTube 2005-2008

My rating for the new video page design: ★☆☆☆☆ (1 Star out of 5)

The people won't stop complaining, by the way.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I basically don't mind the change...I still can find what I'm looking for on a regular basis.  Seems that the people annoyed are the ones with active accounts and actually use youtube as a video sharing service.  The ones who just watch probably don't care as much (like me).  I haven't logged into my account in months.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I use YouTube as a way to advertise my site.  The ONLY reason I did something like that was simply because YouTube is so dang popular.  With this new layout, I can imagine everyone switching to most likely Vimeo soon.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Apr 10 2010 on  09:02 AM
I use YouTube as a way to advertise my site.  The ONLY reason I did something like that was simply because YouTube is so dang popular.  With this new layout, I can imagine everyone switching to most likely Vimeo soon.
Although I'm annoyed by the design myself, I won't switch sites. I feel it's rather silly to switch sites just because one doesn't like the new layout of a site.

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
^

Plus, the best videos can only be found on YouTube. Well, most of the time. :lol

Waluigifan

• Spike
    • View Profile
And, most of the time, videos are blocked in Germany. -.-

Anyway, even with the new fail design I think it wouldn't be helpful to switch to another video site, because NO video site is more popular than YouTube (unfortunately).

When I search for "Waluigi" on YouTube, there are about 12,300 results and videos with more than 100,000 video views.

When I search for "Waluigi" on MegaVideo, there are only 29 results and these videos got no more than 5000 views!! :o

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
New look on the Upload Section.  Check it out!

To be honest, I really don't like this one.

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
https://survey.googleratings.com/wix/p4095212.aspx
Fill that in, people. Make sure to give as negative answers as possible (for those who hate it). ;)

Here's what I filled in...

How satisfied are you with new version of the YouTube video page?
Extremely dissatisfied. <_<

Typically, how often do you use YouTube?
Multiple times per day. :p

What, if anything, did you find frustrating or unappealing about the new YouTube video page? What new features or capabilities would you like to see on the video page?
Everything. I want to see the OLD "features" and "capabilities" on the video page.

What do you like best about the new video page?
None.

Did you experience any problems or difficulties with the new video page in the last two weeks?
Yes, specifically: the fact that it sucks. :rolleyes:
(lol, just kidding. I answered "No". I wouldn't wanna be dishonest :p)

If you could describe the new version of the YouTube video page in one word, what would it be?
Crap.

Did you take the guided tour of the new video page?
No.

Cruelty rules. :lol XD

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Filled it in as well

Extremely dissatisfied

Typically, how often do you use YouTube?
Multiple Times Per Day

What, if anything, did you find frustrating or unappealing about the new YouTube video page? What new features or capabilities would you like to see on the video page?
I can't quickly find the channel of the one that uploaded a video. I'm having issues separating the comments from each other. I dislike that you cannot immediately see that you have a new message. The expanding Information box is really not useful.

What do you like best about the new video page?
How the channels look, especially in Firefox

Did you experience any problems or difficulties with the new video page in the last two weeks?
Yes, Specifically: trying to play a playlist from a user's channel.

If you could describe the new version of the YouTube video page in one word, what would it be?
Messy

Did you take the guided tour of the new video page?
Yes, I thought it was: for people that don't know how to use a computer. I can figure it all out myself, it just isn't very nice to work with.

SouthPawRacer

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.racedepartment.com/
"How satisfied are you with new version of the YouTube video page?"
-Extremely dissatisfied.

"Typically, how often do you use YouTube?"
-Multiple times per day.

"What, if anything, did you find frustrating or unappealing about the new YouTube video page? What new features or capabilities would you like to see on the video page?"
-I don't like the new "like" and "dislike" rating system. The old star system was much easier to use and view. The way the comments are arranged now is convoluted and confusing, as is viewing the related videos menu when viewing a video; the way everything was before the update made much more sense to me, and things were easier to use/identify.

"What do you like best about the new video page?"
-The new video pages are clean and slick-looking, but that's all I really like about them.

"Did you experience any problems or difficulties with the new video page in the last two weeks?"
-Yes, specifically: The "Related Videos" list does not show up occasionally.

"If you could describe the new version of the YouTube video page in one word, what would it be?"
-Disappointing.

"Did you take the guided tour of the new video page?"
-No.

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
"How satisfied are you with new version of the YouTube video page?"
As unsatisfied as this coffee you made me. I ASKED FOR A LATTE, FOOL!

"Typically, how often do you use YouTube?"
I lose count at 1, but that's mostly because I don't count how many times I use Youtube. What do I look like, and obsessive compulsive or something?

"What, if anything, did you find frustrating or unappealing about the new YouTube video page? What new features or capabilities would you like to see on the video page?"
It changed. I'd like to see more monkeys... oh, and those little curly straw things! What were we talking about again?

"What do you like best about the new video page?"
It's got videos on it? I mean, you couldn't possibly screw that... oh wait you did.

"Did you experience any problems or difficulties with the new video page in the last two weeks?"
My bread caught fire shortly after I put it in the toaster, and it's totally YOUR FAULT.

"If you could describe the new version of the YouTube video page in one word, what would it be?"
Antidisestablishmentarianism

"Did you take the guided tour of the new video page?"
I want my cookies back! Who stole my toothpicks? I'm a flying turtle! What are you looking at?

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
I'll just keep it short. It sucks. We almost all think it sucks. It's the kinda  "they changed it so it sucks" kind of suckyness. The rule is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Eh, I couldn't care less about the look of it, as long as I can watch videos on YouTube, I don't care for the look.