The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Does anyone know when season 4 is supposedly supposed to come out?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I vaguely heard about the same time of year the first 3 seasons started.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/05/eque....html#idc-cover

I...I think I'm gonna be sick. I think these look even worse than the Bratz and Monster High dolls.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^^I find them so bad, that I DEMAND the link to be removed immediately!  I want to spare as many as possible the horribleness of them!

Oh, and here's something to keep your minds off of it.  New Lauren Faust Q&A!

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/05/laur...tions.html#more

Hope it helps! :)

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
So the fourth comic in the MLP Micro Series released two days ago. This time, Fluttershy takes center stage.

REVIEW

So basically, the comic is about Fluttershy finding a flyer for an art competition hosted by Princess Celestia. This freaks Flutts out and we learn that Fluttershy has a talent for knitting and one of her creations is a yarn statue she made that is supposed to symbolize her learning to be brave. Worried that other ponies will not like her art but coaxed by Angel to enter, Fluttershy enters into the contest under a disguise.

PROS: It's a cute, quick little story. The art in the comic is much better than some of the other micro series' art(especially the Twilight Sparkle comic). There's also a pretty creative nod to past comic covers at the art contest.

CONS: Even though the art is pretty good, at times it can be pretty bad. I really wish the micro series would stop trying to emulate the show's designs because it's just not working. There's a reason the Rarity comic's art was the best of the bunch so far: it's because it was its own thing. It wasn't trying to copy the show. Speaking of Rarity, there are two panels with her where in the first one, she has a face reminiscent to that of the Overly Attached Girlfriend, and in the second panel, it looks like they tried to put Pony. Mov, Rarity's head on FiM Rarity's body.

Another problem is how quickly the comic goes. It was too rushed. Once it really seems to get going it just...ends. There is little to nothing going in the way of conflict and the main villain was so uninteresting that I didn't even know at first that he was supposed to be the villain. I don't think we even find out his name. No wait. I just checked. He does have a name: Praiser Pan. Still though, his name is only mentioned once, making it pretty hard to remember it.

And just a small nitpick, one that's not really just aimed at the comics but also the show. I find it kind of annoying how easily these pony's opinions can be swayed. When Praiser Pan criticizes Fluttershy's yarn statue, all the other snob ponies join in in agreement but when Celestia shows up and says she likes it, all of a sudden they do too? We've even seen stuff like that in episodes such as Green isn't Your Color.

This comic really could have been better. I would have liked an explanation for why Fluttershy decided to take up knitting. Maybe Rarity was teaching her how to knit and she enjoyed it so much she wanted to keep doing it? It was nice to see Flutts finally get her own comic but did they really have to make the story so dull? They had no other ideas for her other than Fluttershy, AGAIN learning to be brave? Oh, well. I'd give it a 6.5/10.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
The winter of 2013 or sometime in 2014. And I can't believe you guys aren't giving this movie a shot. You guys are bashing it when YOU haven't even seen the darn movie yet. At least give it a shot before bashing the heck out of it. I'm actually want to see this movie in theaters I'm not even lying here. I've seen the Bratz animated movies and listen to there songs. And to be fair they sucked yes but it wasn't that bad. The music was actually catchy and good. So I'm not gonna be like you guys and whine about this and saying it's crap. I'm gonna be the good brony and watch the movie fully and than give my full thought on it. Not look at a image and say oh my god it's horrible let's make fun of it. I'm on the let me give this a chance side and see what happens next. God this community has gone way down hill and turned into a mean spirited group and community.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie85,Jun 1 2013 on  09:24 AM
The winter of 2013 or sometime in 2014. And I can't believe you guys aren't giving this movie a shot. You guys are bashing it when YOU haven't even seen the darn movie yet. At least give it a shot before bashing the heck out of it. I'm actually want to see this movie in theaters I'm not even lying here. I've seen the Bratz animated movies and listen to there songs. And to be fair they sucked yes but it wasn't that bad. The music was actually catchy and good. So I'm not gonna be like you guys and whine about this and saying it's crap. I'm gonna be the good brony and watch the movie fully and than give my full thought on it. Not look at a image and say oh my god it's horrible let's make fun of it. I'm on the let me give this a chance side and see what happens next. God this community has gone way down hill and turned into a mean spirited group and community.
I am giving it a chance

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I don't need to see any of the Movie movies to know they'll suck, and I don't need to give Equestria Girls a chance before knowing it'll suck. You, sir, are NOT right. Don't demonize us all here just because we don't want to see one lousy, stinking movie! You talk about us being unpleasant and then you dump this crap on us like that. Hypocrite.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
The plot for the movie sounds good but I'm a bit iffy on the implementation of it.

Besides, I don't like the art style. It hits too deep into he Uncanny Valley.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I do plan to give the movie a chance. I just don't have high hopes for it right now. My two biggest concerns are:

1. The high school setting. High school stories are among the most played out concepts in the history of fiction. The reason I say this is because they're always the same  two stories each time: It's either a) prom, or b) a high school(insert sport here) team preparing for the big match against some other school. Besides, high school really isn't that good. College is much better.

2. Spike the Dog. I find Spike's being turned into a dog to be very insulting to his character. It makes it sound as though he's nothing more than Twilight's pet. I mean, come on! Spike's always been her close friend/little brother. I just don't understand why they couldn't make Spike her brother. And it would have made his crush on Rarity not creepy. A little boy having a crush on an older woman is much cuter than a dog having a crush on someone of a different species.

Maybe the movie will be good. Maybe it won't. I'll reserve my judgement until I see it for myself.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I don't know.  One of the things I like about the series is the main characters are ponies.  I don't want to watch some shallow show with twisted alternate-universe human-hybrid things that resemble the mane 6.  First Princess Twilight and now this.  I think they're running out of ideas here.  As sad as it makes me feel, I think the good days of ponies might be at an end.  The first season was amazing.  The second and third seasons were pretty good too.  But this show is quickly turning into a crap-fest.  I hope it doesn't end like this. :(

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
The odd part for me is that the first season was my least favorite. For some reason, I loathed the pilot episodes. It might have to do with the fact that I absolutely hate high fantasy.

Or maybe that was when misanthropes ruled the fandom and their stories were poorly disguised and hate-filled screeds against the Human race.

--------

As for Spike as a dog. I've seen some terrible ideas from the show staff but this is one of the worst. What could have possibly been accomplished by turning him into Twilight's pet that couldn't have been accomplishes by turning him into Twilight's younger brother?

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
A part of me is wondering something now with this new thing of "Spike becoming a dog" thing.  Maybe we are making the same mistake that we did when it came to alicorns?  In other words, believing any assumptions we made as fact when they actually weren't?

I have to ask how did we draw the conclusion that Twilight sees Spike as a brother?  Where did that way of thinking come from?  What proof is there and can it be contradicted?

Let's discuss this and see what we can figure out from it.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well there's been more evidence that Twilight sees Spike as a son or brother than as a pet. A couple examples I can think of are:

In Owls Well That Ends Well, when Twilight finds out that Spike's been trying to frame Owliscious(however you spell his name), she scolds him like a mother or sister would scold a son/daughter/younger sibling. She doesn't say "Bad Spike! Bad dragon! What is that?"

In Dragon Quest, Twilight, along with Rainbow Dash and Rarity follow Spike to the dragon migration. Twilight doesn't follow Spike because he's her "precious little pet" or anything, she follows him to look out for him and make sure he doesn't get hurt, like a big sister would. Now Rarity, I'll admit, did treat Spike like a pet in this episode but that was just Rarity plus bad writing.

Those are just two examples I can think of. I'll try to think of more later.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Spike is Twilight's best friend/assistant so when I saw the movie trailer and they turned spike into a dog I was like why that I can agree with is very poor writing and very insulting as well. I can agree with you guys on that. The whole high school thing is kinda lame I mean to me they dipped back into My Little Pony Tales where they where in high school. So it's sad to see them dip back in a 1992 horrible series to come out with there story line and plot for the movie. And LandBeforeTimeLover I can agree with you and say that yes they're running out of ideas and I think season three was rushed to a point to make us happy so they can get it out for us. All the episodes where not bad. The two many pinkie pie's was okay I understood there life lesson in that episode. And I didn't mean any harm in my previous post. I just don't like seeing and hearing about saying something is awful without seeing it. People told me Treasure Island from Disney was awful I watched it and I loved it. I loved the story the characters and everything. So I don't like it when people judge something without at least giving it a shot. That's all I'm saying.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
“@coopd1217: do you know when season 4 starts” I don’t, but I do know it will be worth the wait