The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Some folks do get over reactive about a show.  They can't see it's just a show and not important for that sort of reaction.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I swear the synopsis could have come from a multitude of (usually bad) fan fiction. Honestly, I'm not liking the designs of the characters - the skin tone looks too off for me. And Spike as a dog? Really? He'd be better as Twilight's younger brother.

Still, if I wanted high school drama in the MLP-verse, I'd watch My Little Pony Tales.

As for death threats against the show staff, not surprised. People will send death threats over the most inane things. I once got one because I posted a picture of an Atlantic Sharpnose Shark I had caught.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
As far as I see, it's time some tough love was implemented.  Some mods need to toughen up and start banning those who are spewing out this hate.  Also, I wouldn't mind Hasbro taking those threats seriously and getting the authorities involved.  Some may think death threats to a company are cool, but it can lead to jail time in the end.

We do that and it just might send the message to these grown men who act worse than babies.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Hasbro could get the authorities involved. Problem is they won't. They'll just look at it as fans blowing off steam.

I know I've said this quite a few times but I have to say it again: it really astounds me that the little girls that like Friendship is Magic seem more mature about it than the older fans.  At least these kids aren't making a show out to be a freakin' religion and spreading "Love and Tolerance" (God I hate when Bronies use those words)wherever they go.

Disclaimer: I think love and tolerance is a good thing, but Bronies really have no idea what those two words actually mean. Not to mention that's not what the show's about.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Steffan Andrews ?@orchetect 12. maj

@TheRealSibsy @MMeghanMcCarthy Especially the song I worked on ;) Oh wait, that one was cut. Too bad it was the best one.

Meghan McCarthy ?@MMeghanMcCarthy 12. maj

#EquestriaGirls features songs by @dannyimusic and they are amazing. Screenings may turn into dance parties

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I forget which LBT movie it's in, but for some reason this reminds me of the scene where the adults are arguing, one of them mentions they are acting like a bunch of kids, and off to the side Petrie says something like, "We no act like that."

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You know, there is one last reason Hasbro is going the direction they are.  It's a fact backed up by history. (So do the research if you don't believe me.) It's the fact that whenever something controversial comes up, there's a guaranteed increase in sales.

I mean, just look over the numbers of the episode of Twilight becoming an Alicorn.  That was the most viewed episode, period.

Just check out anything controversial, and you'll see how well it sells.

With how controversial Equestria Girls is, it'll definitely sell.  Possibly even beat all movies playing at the time in sales.

If this does sell as well as I'm expecting, you just can't deny the power of controversy. :D

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Seriously though, I'll give it a watch when it comes to Youtube, and then I'll judge it.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
According to a recent tweet, the script of Equestria Girls has been completed since March 2012.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/05/eque...peared-way.html

Hmm... With how long they've been working on it.  It'll probably be better than we think, despite how controversial it is.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe their plan all along since they would like to get into an older market and they did have the my little pony tales toys and series.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Man, three days and no posts  :(

So is anyone planning on actually seeing Equestria Girls? I think I'll give it a chance but mostly because I've often thought about how cool it'd be if I got to see the ponies in theaters.

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm organizing the theater meet-up for my area.  I hope to get about a dozen attendees.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Speaking of going to see the movie...

OPEN LETTER TO ALL BRONIES

If you go see this, please behave yourselves and make sure your friends behave themselves. Please do not swear and yell things at the screen, there will be children and their families in attendance as well. Also, please do not camp out front of the theater with protest signs and please do not harrass anyone who goes to see it.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It's not playing anywhere near me so I'll have to wait and see what others say about it. I'm sure once it's shown there'll be more talk about it, maybe reviews and such.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I sincerely hope no Brony does that. Even if the movie doesn't end up being very good, little girls might still get something out of it and after all, who was MLP geared towards?

I want to believe that the fandom will give the movie a try and be on their best behavior while seeing it. However, if the death threats that the creators of EQG received is anything to go by, I'm sure there are those who will make it their mission to go see the movie and ruin the experience for everyone.

Please Bronies, don't do that. Show the haters and the media that this fandom can be nice and respectful, that we can be loving and tolerant.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Not going. Haven't set foot in a movie theater in years.

Anyways, I greatly prefer the "harder" (darker) fan fics to the actual show.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I will go and see it.  After which, I shall give my thoughts in the most calm and mature manner possible, even if it turns out to be the worst thing ever made. (Which I highly doubt it will be. :P: )

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I refuse to watch it under any circumstances.  I can't STAND it when they do something stupid like this.  Twilight, Applejack, Rarity, and the others are PONIES.  They can't and they won't ever be human-hybrid things.  It messes up my image of them for no reason.  I don't care about how good the plot is or what the show is about.  It's sorta like leaving my bread out to become all stale then adding hot-sauce to it.  Yeah, it's still bread but it's majorly screwed up and for no reason.