The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Your Thoughts on Animation.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I'm curious, too. I'd assume that its more along the fantasy setting, since you can do so much with European mythology, but perhaps a break from trhe norm with a more 'real' setting might be nice, too, in an animated film.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Well, it chronicles the life of a young boy, who is the son of a wizard, and later orphaned, training under the watch of a very powerful mage. It chronicles from his youth to adulthood. But a threat looms, a knight, with armor of a powerful kind, and dragon-esque facial features, and whom also hates all mages with a blinding passion.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
This is going to stray from what WL and WR are talking about but I figured I'd add it.  I think if you're into full length animation, you have to at least once, watch "Disney's Folly" to see how it all began.  Without Snow White, you may not be enjoying full length animation (or have heard of those which followed later in the 40s and 50s).

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
WL: Sounds interesting, but I can't really make a call unless I know more. But, keep working on it, by all means.

Petrie: I think just about everyone here has probably seen the original classic, "Snow White". Its common knowledge that that was the first full-length animated feature ever. EVen if Disney isn't your favorite animation genius, you still have to ackowledge his contributions to the genre.
I like "Snow White", its not the best animated film I've ever seen, overall: good, and for the time it was originally released, Iknow it must have been just specacular.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf