The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Caustizer's Warhammer 40K Figurines

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey all,

Malte mentioned he was interested in seeing what I had painted for my Warhammer 40k armies, so I have done a bit of (terrible) photography and in this thread is where I will show them off.

This here is part of my army of 'Space Marines' shown in a strangely 'I Spy' like setting.  :DD

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile

A Tyranid Hive Tyrant, assembled and painted from scratch.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile

I'd say this guy doesn't have too long to live.

This is actually a 'touch' I added to the model to show how much my Tyranids and Space Marines hate each other.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile

This is a 'Leman Russ Battle Tank' with the most pathetic camoflage scheme you can possibly think up.

I was going to paint it pink and white, but you know it might incite some of the other players.

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
That Leman Russ is adorable! I suppose that means you collect Imperial Guard as well? If so, pics please :p

<--- An Imperial Guard player.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Whoa! :wow You painted all these yourself?! Incredible! :!

Yeah, the photos are a little blurry (especially the Tyranid; I'd love to see a clearer picture of him), but as far as I can tell, the paint jobs are very professional looking. :yes I'm not familiar with Warhammer, but I love these figures! Are these their “official” color schemes, or did you come up with them yourself?

Poorly camouflaged or not, I really like the way you colored the tank in the last picture. And the Tyranid is very cool. (Kinda reminds me of the “xenomorphs” from the Alien series, with a bit of Bionicle thrown in.) Again, the colors are gorgeous, and even with the blurriness, the paint looks very clean.

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Are these their “official” color schemes, or did you come up with them yourself?

The Space Marines are a colour called 'Hawk Turquoise' and they are a completely unofficial (ie I made them up  :lol ) chapter called the 'Salamanes'.

The Tyranids are Hive Fleet Leviathan, which is stated in the lore to be one of the most brutal enemies in the entire Imperium, so there are a lot of humans and aliens trying to stop them.

The Imperial Guard are the Carpathian 63rd, and they were annialated by Hive Fleet Leviathan in recent lore.  I thought it was kind of cool making an army that was already dead and gone, so that every game I play is sort of a 'flashback' to prior to their destruction.

More pictures:

A Meltagun Command Squad in front of a Chimera APC.

The stages of the painting process from bare metal (the far left) to black undercoat (centre) to fully painted on the right.

An Imperial Guard Medic.  If you assign him to your Command Squad, it doubles their chances of survival against most weapons.

A Tyranid Lictor, the stealthy assassin that is expensive and limited selection (3 Maximum per Army) but makes up for it by being able to appear anywhere on the board!

A Tyranid Zoanthrope, the 'spellcaster' unit for that race.  They are expensive and weak, but have very VERY powerful psychic shooting attacks and a powerful shield that protects them from almost all harm.

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
Woah! Those are awesome!  :wow
I used to paint the classic Warhammer figures (Lizardmen). It was fun to do but totaly expensive by the time (figures, paint, brushes, glue,...).

Do you also play or just paint them for fun?  :)

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Wow. About how big are the little soldier figures? They look very intricately painted.

The Tyranid Lictor looks like a cross between Cthulhu and a mantis-like Bionicle character my brother owns a LEGO figure of (Krika, I think it was called). And the Zoanthrope . . . Doesn’t that name translate to “animal man”? Doesn’t look particularly human to me. :p Another critter that reminds me of something from Alien, like a chestburster with the skull and armor of an adult xenomorph (plus a giant partially exposed brain and little clawed legs like a beetle grub).

The Hive Tyrant is still my favorite Tyranid figure you’ve shown so far, but I love the other two as well. :yes

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I <3 the medic. That's a classy model, better than the new ones. The poor guy is totally asking for a Deathstrike missile to be dropped on him, though.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
See when I get bored with how my room looks, I like to change things up a bit.

I cleared off a section of my desk and loaded down my entire collection of Imperial Guard Infantry.  From this you can get an idea how many of them are painted compared to just base coated (ie not many).

The yellow-painted blob is a 30 man Infantry Squad (Combined together from 3 squads of 10) with 3 Heavy Weapons Teams and a Commissar in the front to lead them.

There are 3 30 man groups in total, though 2 of them aren't painted.

As far as leaders go, Commissars are an absolute necessity to keep your men in line.  Since they tend to run when the going gets tough, he has to provide them a bit of inspiration via a gun to the head.

The left is all my Special Weapons models (ie the rare weapons that can be wielded by one guy)

There are:

8 Guardsmen with Grenade Launchers (4 Painted)
4 Guardsmen with Meltaguns (3 Painted)
4 Guardsmen with Flamers
and 4 Guardsmen with Plasmaguns (3 Painted)

Also at the back are two dudes with Vox-casters, since I had no idea where else to place them.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile