The Gang of Five
Howdy, everyone!

The member joining awards for 2019, 2020, and 2021 have been posted. We admins would like to thank each and every one of you who have made the forum their home over these years. It is because of people like you that the forum is the welcoming place that it is. :)

The forum supporter awards for those who maintained the forum on Patreon in 2023 will also be up shortly. Again, thank you all for what you do to keep our little corner of the Internet online!

Potential RP Discussion

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Would any of you be interested in joining an RP playing with the age-old idea of Pterano returning to the Great Valley? I've explored the idea in the past, but I was ten years younger then and my ideas were different. But there's a lot about this character that I didn't think of back then, such as:
  • His PTSD (when someone pointed that out about him, it made my head explode. :lol  Because before Pterano, I've never seen a character actually show symptoms of PTSD. Keep in mind that this was ten years ago, I was 16 and living in a "sheltered" environment)
  • His snarkiness (something I never picked up on until recently, probably due to his melodramatic tendancies that made it hard for me to tell when he was being genuine and joking, and my autism)
  • Technically a cult survivor (I know cults aren't really a thing in TLBT, but the belief that a magical stone would give him the power to take charge of the Great Valley feels cultish to me)
  • His inability to relate to others (we see this with how he talked about the other adults when he first appeared)
  • His social awkwardness when he begins his redemption journey (Nobody's gonna go from being hubristic and insensitive to being a likeable person in a night's worth)
  • His dynamic with my oc, Devon, who is Sierra's biological son, who was emotionally, physically and psychologically abused by Sierra, who has a lot of anger issues, cusses like a sailor and is extremely anxious as a result
  • His dynamic with the Gang of Five, and what his dynamic with Ruby and Chomper would be
  • The list goes on, but these are the main ones that I can think of right now
It doesn't have to be Pterano centric, but I do want his return to be one of the key points in the RP.  Any ideas? Anyone interested? What are your thoughts?

Edit: I thought I was in the RP Discussion part of the forum, but apparently not. Can someone move this there? Or tell me how to move this thread there?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 05:22:17 PM by trulyfantasticme »
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

SammyTheSpiketail

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I would be interested if you still are as well!

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Never knew at all or thought of the possibility of Pterano showing signs of PTSD. I'm curious if there's a thread somewhere here that discusses that, sounds interesting!

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...