The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ruby and Chomper

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
I think there is another side of the problem. Ruby is a very bright character, if she will be the part of gang that would be hard to take LBT down to it's dark, serious and tragic roots. And some people really want that to happen... I suppose so, at least. :)

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Oh, she has her dark moments, too...  They all do.  (Well, except for Spike...  And maybe Petrie...)  Although, it's more of a "concerned" thing, than anything else; in "Return to Hanging Rock" she scolds, uhh...  Ducky, Spike, and uhh...  Haven't seen that episode enough...  For going with her to find her family, because they would slow her down...
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I love these two characters. I personally don't believe they should be removed.

Ruby is an example of a young girl whose strong, but she's kind and loving as well. Unlike Cera, who is strong to the point of being stubborn completely and very mean, and Ducky is not very strong, but she is kind and considerate.

Chomper is a character that all of us knew ever since the second sequel came out. I love the fact that he returned to stay forever in the TV series :)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
One thing to consider is if there are 7 main characters, when they add a guest character or two, the number of characters quickly becomes unmanageable and each of the characters gets very little personal screen time.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
One thing they could do, as I think I mentioned somewhere, is similar the Justice League cartoon, at least the first season or so that I saw.   Some characters were not in certain episodes.  So with this you can have say 7-9 members in the gang, but 5 to maybe 6 are the only ones in any particular episode, including guest characters.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I just don't understand why they couldn't just leave well enough alone.  I mean, what's wrong with the gang of five?  NOTHING! :p

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess when they were working on the tv series someone suggested, why don't we add Chomper, he's a favorite, and someone else may have suggested, why don't we add another female character, there are to many males in the gang now, and even more if Chomper is added.  Though I like Ruby I'd rather have had Ali added, she's another fan favorite.  Though I still think if they did my idea each of the 4-6 characters in the gang for that particular episode would have more screen time and maybe could be fleshed out more.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
There is nothing wrong with the GOF and I guess with all my personal "lenience" for the character Ruby there is no way leading around to admit that she was probably created for "tactical" reasons. A new character to keep people interested in an old show. If you know the Simpson Episode "The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Show" you will know what I'm talking about. However, unlike in that Simpson episode where they were mocking the habit of throwing a new character in to keep a show interesting at all costs Ruby is not so thoughtlessly cast in the ring in my opinion. She does fill some of the characteristics none of the other characters really stood for.
Nothing is wrong with the GOF and it would have been possible to create more sequels with the GOF. However, I don't think Ruby is dragging down the show so much as other "cast in" characters do. In several stories of the episodes she is a crucial element in a story that couldn't start if it wasn't for her (or Chomper).

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Having 7 characters only works because it's a TV ep and full of nothing but action.  If it were actually a well thought out and planned sequel, it wouldn't be too good with any more than 5 characters and one or two guest characters.  Look at LBT 13.  There was enough screen time for the characters, but just barely and that's only because we only really see the yellow bellies when they're all together.  If you notice, the individual yellow bellies get very little screen time.  The yellow bellies are treated as one unit, showing that Universal has a really hard time even working 6 characters into the mix.  How are they supposed to work in 7 characters plus guest characters?  It's just gonna be a mess and a couple characters will get very little screen time.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Keep em! I don't know about Chomper, but Ruby FOR THE WIN!   :^.^:

/Lillefot
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
^ I can't say anything about LBT 13 yet. I haven't seen it so far.

rosie

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Yes, There might be famine in the great beyond or a flood or something.Ruby's family has to move and chomper has to become a sharptooth.He must learn to fight and hunt so he can survive as a sharptooth. He won't stay a baby forever. He will have to fight another rex for terrority or for a mate. He will have to learn to fight three horns and long necks to eat and impress the girls.  :lol