The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ruby and Chomper

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I would love it if it were the gang of five again.  The gang of seven just doesn't seem right.  They can reappear every now and then, but I think they should make an episode about how Ruby and Chomper's parents come and pick them up to leave the great valley.  I have never been a big fan of Ruby.  Chomper's okay, but him living with leaf eaters for much longer is just so improbable.  What do you think?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I think it would be best to keep Ruby and Chomper until the very last episode of the entire series. It just wouldn't feel like the TV Show without them as 2 of the main characters instead of just secondary characters.

raidpirate15

• Ruby
    • View Profile
They stay, Chomper is the best, and wouldnt feel right without ruby now.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
I found it cool having them in it now, I have to agree with raidpirate15. Plus I am at the moment making a LBT story with Ruby and Chomper part of it.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
im neutral. I like the idea of having the original gang, but at the same time Ive grown fond of ruby and ive always liked chomper so i dont mind if they stay.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I have not yet seen enough of the TV series to make a good judgement. The question is whether or not the two characters are adding something that hadn't been there before and if the other characters get enough spotlight (I recall we had discussions about Ducky, Petrie, and Spike being somewhat neglected in some direct to video / DvD sequels; with two more characters the matter may grow worse). As of now, from what I have seen so far I can't say I have grown as attached to Chomper and Ruby as of the rest of the gang. I consider the movies and the series two somewhat different matters.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I consider the movies and the series two somewhat different matters.

Me too.  I hope they just keep the series confined to the series and don't let it bleed into the sequals.  My greatest hope is that they just use the tv series to make extra money so they can spend more time and effort on the sequals. ;)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, we are at the point where the first season is near it's end.  Whether or not we get a second season is questionable, as Universal has yet to reveal any plans for whether or not they will make one.  It simply comes down to whether or not Universal will decide to make a second season.

Now, if it is coming to an end, I suspect that the last eps will basically have Red Claw finally biting the dust and Ruby and Chomper leaving.  If it's not ending, then they might show a way within the TV Series that they are making a second one.  How exactly, is questionable.

Now, as for whether or not I want Ruby and Chomper to stay, I will admit that I have grown a little fond of Ruby, but is she really benefitting anything?  To me, she seems to be nothing more than Chomper's babysitter while he's in the valley.  Plus, I've always liked Chomper, but I never thought of him fitting in with the residents of the valley because he's a sharptooth and him not being there was, like, "the law". :lol: So, in the end, I do want them to stay, but I don't think they will even if I wanted them to. :)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I Do think that Runy was brought in so thatr there would be one of each species among the 7.Personally, I wouldn't have minded having Ali as a permanent member of the gang.. and them adding Chomper as. Ruby really hasn't established herself, She seems to be knowledgable, but i just haven't warmed to her..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Teresa

• Chomper
    • View Profile
As long as they only stay during the tv series but not in the films i'd be fine with that.

Dwalin

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I would prefer them to stay - I already got used to them, and Chomper is one of my favourite characters. But I agree that they should have explained better, how did Littlefoot and the others manage to convince the grown-ups ( especially such racists as Cera's father) accept Chomper's presence in the valley.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well, we are at the point where the first season is near it's end. Whether or not we get a second season is questionable, as Universal has yet to reveal any plans for whether or not they will make one. It simply comes down to whether or not Universal will decide to make a second season.
26 sequels were announced unless I'm very mistaken. Have 26 sequels been shown by this time?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
26 episodes Malte would make two seasons.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
Nope, that one season. those 26 is one whole season I can tell you that for sure and that was something Aria and her mum told me last year.

As I know of only 23 been shown, there three more in the season to go in Canada and the 26th one is going to be a cool one. that what I been told by Aria and her mum, they said they couldn't tell me much but being a very special one that explains one of the friends point of view of seeing the world in their eyes.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
So if there is a second season there will be 26 more spisodes. Let's hope they bring Ali back in a few of them, and I hope they give me more of a role and explore her background since she last saw them, in detail.. I wouldn't be opposed to having a 2 or 3 parter where one of the parents becomes ill and they have to find a cure that only exists far away from the Great Valley..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I wouldn't be opposed to having a 2 or 3 parter where one of the parents becomes ill and they have to find a cure that only exists far away from the Great Valley..
A new story would be better than a mere repetition though.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Wayne, most animated shows consider 13 episodes one season and the reason this is largely is due to time and money constraints.  I know most tv shows consider 26 episodes a season, and 13 a half of one, but not all series' are the same.  What does Universal say?

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't mind if Chomper and Ruby stay in the Great Valley, but I'd like to see them reunited with their parents, I mean, if they're not deceased (heaven forbid).

Teresa

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Lain_EX,Jul 4 2007 on  02:48 PM
I don't mind if Chomper and Ruby stay in the Great Valley, but I'd like to see them reunited with their parents, I mean, if they're not deceased (heaven forbid).
Yeah Chomper's parents in the valley. That'll be a hoot.  :lol

stars

• Spike
    • View Profile
no way keep them this would ruin the land before time series if they were gone no land before time character should be forgotten. :yes