The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ruby and Chomper

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
This poll is missing an "abstain" choice. Sure, losing the two would make the series about the gang of five, but Chomper is pretty much an honorary member of the gang. I wouldn't like it to get rid of Chomper from the series. He should appear, but not in every episode. Ruby should also stay, but she should appear much more sporadically than Chomper. She wasn't even originally from the movies to start with. Chomper was in the second movie, however. However, why would their parents come and pick them up? And for that matter, how would Chomper's parents get their son back? They can't just walk into the Great Valley and pick him up, like a normal parent would his/her child from day-care. And how would Ruby's parents even find her? It would be too complicated to explain to the audience why two of the main characters are leaving. However, the two main characters that would be leaving are more like sub-main characters when compared with the gang of five.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It would be indeed difficult for Chomper's parents to pick him up, they'd have to send a message by Ruby's parents likely.  Ruby's parents know they are both in the great valley, though they've not said if either of her parents know how to get into the great valley.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Meanwhile I have seen more of the TV episodes than I did when I last time responded to this thread. If there is to be another sequel (hope) I think it would be an option to give some more information on why and how Chomper and Ruby came to the Great Valley, how they got to know each other, how Chomper got of the island, what happened to his parents, and how the two (Chomper in particular) managed to be tolerated in the Great Valley, even by characters like Cera's dad.
A good deal of the beginning of such a story would have to focus on the mysterious beyond and Ruby and Chomper only, which is why I don't think it is likely to be realized by the producers of LBT.
I'm still not entirely certain about the idea of having the GOF turned into a GOS, but the episodes I have seen reinforced the impression I had after watching the first few episodes, namely that they really can take on seven characters and still avoid neglecting anyone of them. Ruby and Chomper both add something to the gang that hasn't been there in that form before, so they don't come across like kind of character just thrown in to have the element of a "new character" without anything new to it. I cannot be really certain if the future inclusion of Ruby and Chomper would be a good idea, but I certainly would not oppose any attempt in that direction.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I will never support such a seven ganged group.  It's just not right.  I mean, it's been the GOF for 13 movies!  I think they should conclude the TV series with a goodbye from Ruby and Chomper.  They would be great as guest characters, however I doubt they would be very good in a sequel where it's not so........action packed and focused more on actions than anything else.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
That's the big question :unsure:
As of no we don't have any official hint whatsoever if there will be a second season and / or an LBT 14 or if in fact the last land before time movie has been produced already.
Perhaps it is for this sense that there might be nothing more to come that I'm far from being in a hurry to watch LBT 13 and the last few TV episodes I haven't watched yet. Once I'll have seen them there is no way to reverse it and if indeed there is nothing more to come the "Vorfreude" (joy of anticipation) which LBT provides would be gone forever.  :(

stars

• Spike
    • View Profile
i hope that there is a second season i love watching the land before time it has really come a long way it is my favorite movie but what ever happens i will still be a very loyal lbt fan i have alot to watch  and look back at all 13 lbt movies and the series also i hird the 14th movie may have Chomper in it on another webpage but i dont know for sure on this it would be good to have him in another movie with the gang of 5. :yes that is if there is another one.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Which webpage did you hear about this?

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

mcr mad

• Spike
    • View Profile
i hate the tv show but i like ruby & chomper

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, I sorta wish it was just the gang of five, but you can't just drop off Chomper and Ruby and act like nothing happened. Hell, you might even have to kill them off!

Just kidding :D

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess most here would prefer Ruby to be tossed out and keep Chomper.  I do like Ruby though some really dislike her.  There is at least 1 episode she does not appear in, I"ll not say which one to avoid spoilers, which I've said to much of today.  

I still find it a bit odd that the series has a shorter format and more members in the gang, though to me it seems to be done well.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
I wholeheartedly agree with you, Kor.  ...What's so bad about Ruby?  She is a unique, fresh character, for crying out loud!

Oops, gotta go - LBT 12 is ACTUALLY ON CARTOON NETWORK!!
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: NeptuneNavigator2001,Apr 30 2008 on  01:30 PM
I wholeheartedly agree with you, Kor.  ...What's so bad about Ruby?  She is a unique, fresh character, for crying out loud!

Oops, gotta go - LBT 12 is ACTUALLY ON CARTOON NETWORK!!
Sadly, i missed it because of School and i've never seen that one before. :mad

Maybe it's Ruby's personality that causes some people to dislike her? Like the way she talks sometimes? I'm just guessing, though.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
...Yeah, she does kind of have a sort of...  Oxymoronic redundancy about her, but that's part of her charm!
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Part of the reason some do not like her is change, many people dislike any sort of change in a series.  Chomper is more tolerated since one could say he was briefly a part of the gang in the second movie, so he is tolerated in the tv series and the 5th movies perhaps because of that.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
...Change is one of the very essences of life...  It affects EVERYTHING...  Whether we want it to, or not...

I see Ruby as a fresh perspective, a new twist.  Given enough time, and more character development from her perspective, I'm certain that others would be willing to accept her, as well...  I couldn't see Land Before Time without her, now...  Or Chomper...  That's why I was surprised with the 13th movie, at first...  But then, I accepted it, and THEN, of course, could hardly get enough of it...!

None can escape the inevitable changer, Time.