The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT TV Series Gone For Good?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Well, from what I can tell, CN is no longer airing LBT episodes. :cry I went to their site (which is a little screwy right now.  I'm in the pacific time zone and it's 9pm now but they say it's 7pm in pacific) and I couldn't find LBT anywhere on the schedule.  It's still on their site, but It's not airing any time this week.  It's replaced with a weird movie mon-wed and thur-sat it's replaced by dumb shows like chowder and camp lazlo (god I hate those shows).  Are they just not airing it anymore because they've aired the same episodes over and over?  Are they planning a second season?  Why is it still on CN's site if it's no longer airing?  My Cable provider has a search feature where I can search shows up to 2 weeks before they air, and the land before time yielded no results.  :(

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I think it's because of their two week monster thing show where they'll be showing beasts and such or anything close to it throught the week, i've seen a few commercials about it on CN.

EDIT: I also think they'll bring it back after it's over.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I don't know much about the cartoon channels because I don't really watch any animated shows except for LBT.  I never heard of a monster thingy, but that doesn't surprise me.

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
It's just about showing cartoons with the most monster related things in them or something all week, but i hope land before time isn't gone foor good though. :(

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I know way back when I had cable they would occasionally do themed stuff.  Once they did Christmas in June.

They may also be waiting a bit before they show the shows again.  Giving it a rest or something like that.  If it's been on every day that means they've shown the episodes a lot.

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Maybe, but i'm sure there would be a lot of angry viewers if they stopped showing it for a while.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I can imagine they are getting, and will get phone calls and email about it.

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
If they're not taking it off for the weekathon beats mayhem thing, maybe they are holding off until a new season comes out or something, because they've shown the same episodes for quite a while. :(

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I think the kids would pick up they've shown the same shows over and over.  If there's no new episodes to show, then yeah, it wouldn't be on air now would it?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
This does not mean that it won't ever be aired again. Give them a year or so and it may be repeated or aired on other channels.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
A year? :blink: I hope that was supposed to be sarcastic.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Not on the basis of the experience I made with European TV programs. It may be different in the US of course, but some series are aired on different channels more frequently than once a year (depending of course on how successful the series is). In which way did you think the comment to be sarcastic?
Would you expect it to be aired again sooner or later than within a year?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I expected a month break.  2 months at most.  Certainly never a year.  I've never heard of a tv series ever doing that.  Here, if it hasn't been aired in 3 months, you might as well consider it dead.

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Has anyone even considered my guess? I think they do things like the beasts unleashed thing every once in a while, but basically they show brand new episodes of stuff, and since LBT hasn't had any new episodes, maybe they are waiting until their special week is over to start putting it up again. If i see it on the schedule next week, i'll just laugh, but there is a possibility that they may be giving it a break for a while, since no new episodes have been released.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Could they be working on a new season?

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Now i'm even more confident that my theory is right, because i just saw the schedule once more and most of the movies that replace LBt at 10:00 are mainly movies that are in the closest range to monsters, etc. such as pokemon the movie 2000 (Because some pokemon are beasts i guess) and grim adventures of billy and mandy attack hour or something which seems pretty monsterous to me.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Mar 17 2008 on  04:43 PM
I expected a month break.  2 months at most.  Certainly never a year.  I've never heard of a tv series ever doing that.  Here, if it hasn't been aired in 3 months, you might as well consider it dead.
I disagree.  It could have been the writer's strike that delayed them, in addition to the time it takes to animate a season.  I don't think any of us know exactly how long it took them to complete the first season( if that's the case, the animation could've been much better -_-).  Anyhoo, let's not consider the TV series dead just yet.

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
As an add on to my theory, i saw the commercial again and it says something like "Two weeks of Cartoonnetworks wildest characters!" so i suppose that is why they aren't showing it, because the characters in Land before time aren't exactly wild and scary much. :unsure:

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I disagree. It could have been the writer's strike that delayed them, in addition to the time it takes to animate a season. I don't think any of us know exactly how long it took them to complete the first season( if that's the case, the animation could've been much better sleep.gif). Anyhoo, let's not consider the TV series dead just yet.

I was talking about a completed series.  I know they're not going to come out with any new ones for at least 6 months.  Things go very slow at Universal it seems.  I figured they would continue to show season 1 until they came out with season 2 and then just release the new episodes as they came out.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
To bad they don't show the first movie.  The sharptooth in that seemed wild and scary.