The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

humans vs great valley dinosaurs

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
And for larger ones with skill in using their tail, or a larger ones like Ducky's parents they may grab a human and or a gun and use that as a club.  

Also if one did scare Mutt or Hyp away after attacking them, they may go and tell some grownups that they were attacked by some strange looking creatures.  One can imagine how the Great Valley adults would react to that.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'd get my pikachu fight against them... But only if they attack me really.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Here we go again, this is exactly why I want humans to be kept out of the Great Valley. We enter and the first thing we want to do is beat down or gun down everything and for hardly another reason but to show that we can :x
As for the general likelihood humans are very prone to overestimate. Kangaroo's (comparable perhaps to Hyp) have one fights against professional boxers and as for most of the larger cases, knock down an elephant with your bare fist, then we can talk about your ability to take on a dinosaur. Whatever the outcome of such a test I would pity the elephant for the unprovoked attack it would be exposed to.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
A human can only take on another human in say hand-to-hand combat. Besides that, and history has proven, that humans sought need of weaponery in order to vanquish their target (be it for sustenance or conquest or whatever else). In relativity to this topic, I highly doubt human could take on the likes of say a dinosaur of any measurable size bigger than itself purely because humans are so ill-equipped for natural combat. Omnivorous teeth, no claws or talons, no natural form of camouflage or anything to aid us in a face off with another creature. All our defenses and tactics are learned, established and refined.

Still, that all aside, I have to side with Malte's thoughts on "why in the world would we want to fight the GV dinos in the first place"? Surely if we honoured and loved them so much (despite being fictional) why would the first port of meeting be a mass battle royale against them?   <_< Despite how hyperthetical this discussion may be, it's a little disheartening to think that all humans wish to do is inflict their dominance by means of violence and conquest. Destroy it rather than understand it... :neutral

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
You are really asking for it, gloverboy2. I suggest you edit that post of yours before the admins see it. You have no right to talk to Malte, or any admin or member, like that.

So please, calm down, unless you want to get banned.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Gloverboy2. There's no need to respond like that. You have been warned already for your conduct on this forum and I strongly suggest you do not rule out this revised opportunity if you wish to continue posting here...

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It might be your topic, gloverboy2, but that does not mean that you can tell anyone else in here what to do. Malte is an admin and he could easily delete this topic of yours if he wanted to, the same going for the other admins. Besides, Malte didn't say anything to warrant that original response you had given. All he did was explain his opinion on the subject of this topic. He did not personally attack you.

I strongly suggest you calm down and think about your posts before you make them. Please respect the other members and accept the fact that not everyone is going to disagree with you, and don't snap at others just because they disagree with you.

gloverboy2

• Chomper
    • View Profile

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Gloverboy2, what is your problem? Do you want to get banned? If the answer is no, I suggest you calm down. No one here has done anything to warrant this kind of behavior from you. You are acting like you have total authority over this topic, even over the admins, but this is not true. No matter where you post in this board, no matter what topic you make, you still must abide by the rules of this board. And if you don't wish to listen to the rules and don't want to be nice to other members instead of snapping them for no reason, then you can leave.

The choice is yours.

gloverboy2

• Chomper
    • View Profile
sneed comments is what i don't want from other members. they don't have to insult my topics like that.

i have no problem. I don't whant to get banned but i don't want others saying sneed remarks about what i say about my own topics.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
No one said any "sneed comments" about your topic, gloverboy2. No one here has personally attacked you. And everyone here has the right disagree with you and explain why they disagree.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Mate, no one is make "sneed comments" against you. They are merely expressing their own thoughts and views. That's what a discussion is about. No one's taking a dig at you personally. That being said, besides getting your own point across, there's not an awful lot you can do to divert a person's initial opinion. Each to their own. By all means banter the pros and cons, but there is little ground to stand on besides your own if someone doesn't agree with what your saying.

Just chill a bit man...this is supposed to be in good spirit and in common interest. Relax.  ;)

gloverboy2

• Chomper
    • View Profile
That monster that i posted is a reminder.

I don't ever want to post it agian.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Then don't post it again. That post was inappropriate behavior and there was nothing said in this topic to warrant you to react in such a manner.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Malte was just expressing his opinion on the topic and in a civilized calm manner.

I do agree with what he said.  The best thing that can happen if if there was another world, a warp in space or a star gate and the Great Valley was discovered the best thing that could happen would be a mutual agreement where both sides benefit.  Humans agree to take some plants only during the time when there is plenty of food, likely mid-spring to late summer or very early fall, and study them for any medicinal values, and agree to not take any during the fall to early spring.  Also keep a vet or somesuch to treat sick dinos.  Though some scientists would likely want to talk to the dinos to learn of their culture, beliefs ect, as well as use ultrasound to scan their internal organs.   Perhaps get a swab of the inside of their mouth to get a genetic sample to study ect.  Some agreements where both sides benefit.

gloverboy2

• Chomper
    • View Profile
i don't have a "calm manner" as you say.

i keep calm when i  have someone agree with me.

my emotions are in check.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Only calm if somebody agrees with you, huh?

I'm sorry, but you must understand that getting mad every time you're on your own is going to lead to a life of disappointment.  There will be times in everyone's life where people will just see things differently than you.

I suggest you use this forum as a learning experience: if you are unable to accept that others are different from you, then life will not take your side very often.  If this attitude continues, we will have no choice but to ban you because our community is based on discussion..and discussion cannot exist without disagreement.

If it comes to that, I hope you can learn something from all this: the world just doesn't work if you are unable to accept the thoughts of others.  We understand your opinion, it just seems that few of us really agree with it.  That happens sometimes.  Please, for your own sake and for the sake of yoru fellow LBT fan, please understand this.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
There's no reason to get upset when no one agrees with you, gloverboy2.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I, like Malte and Littlefoot1616, do not see the purpose in kicking a** in the Great Valley when the very Gang we adore have not done jack to us :anger.  The only time I have ever gotten physical is if they either hit me first or beat on a little kid like a coward.  The GV dinos do not fit either qualification to get the crap beat out of them by me.  

Off-topic.  Seriously, none of us are looking to pick a fight here.  The only one here who needs to take a deep breath is yourself.  Hey, I'm an older sibling myself and who how big a pain in the a** a younger sibling can be, but I still love 'em to death.  There's really no reason to displace anger onto others who have not done jack to ya <_<.  Gloverboy2, ya seem like a very interesting member who has a lot to offer to the GOF, and I hate to see members get banned.  Please reconsider these things you're saying.  Intimidating members and making nasty posts won't get your point across to anyone.