The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Sharptooth Tournament

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
I have to say, sharpteeth in sequels are so harmless and stupid so I doubt they will be able to kill someone.
And LBT1 Sharptooth is bloodthirsty only for Gang, so I doubt he would just kill everyone of his kind just like that.
So don't worry, Chomper, your mom is alive! :D
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, you know the drill by now.  On to the results.

Sharptooth (LBT 1) vs. Plated Sharptooth (LBT 5) - 5 to 0 - Plated Sharptooth was powerful, but he was no match for the original!  Sharptooth tore him up easily!  Sharptooth wins!

Meanest Sharptooth (LBT 6) vs. Deinonychus (LBT 7) - 0 to 4 - Meanest Sharptooth didn't have what it took to take on Deinonychus.  Thus ends the tale of Meanest Sharptooth.  Deinonychus wins!

Papa Sharptooth (LBT 2) vs. Thud (LBT TV) - 5 to 0 - Papa Sharptooth tears apart the last of Red Claw's minions!  Papa Sharptooth wins!  :ChomperPOG: Go Daddy!  You can do it!

Feathered Sharptooth (LBT 14) vs. Bad Swimmer (LBT 9) - 0 to 4 - Bad Swimmer gets the drop on Feathered Sharptooth!  Bad Swimmer wins!

That's it!  Next post, the new matchups!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Here are the new matchups!

Sharptooth (LBT 1) vs. Deinonychus (LBT 7) - 
http://www.strawpoll.me/21129658

Papa Sharptooth (LBT 2) vs. Bad Swimmer (LBT 9) -
http://www.strawpoll.me/21129683

Just so you all know, those who lose will be put into a Third Place Matchup.  In the meantime, begin the voting!

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Semifinals

Sharptooth Tournament 4A: This raptor is tough as nails. However, Sharptooth throws the laws of gravity out the window - he is basically a giant version of the Deinonychus. So it shouldn’t be hard to figure out who is the victor.

Sharptooth Tournament 4B: Most land sharpteeth just can’t contend with the Sharptooth of the oceans. Sorry Papa...
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, here are the results.

Sharptooth (LBT 1) vs. Deinonychus (LBT 7) - 4 to 0 - Yet another victim to the Original Sharptooth's carnage!  The Deinonychus didn't stand a chance!  Sharptooth wins!

Papa Sharptooth (LBT 2) vs. Bad Swimmer (LBT 9) - 0 to 4 - Bad Swimmer drags Papa Sharptooth into the watery depths and kills him, leaving our beloved Chomper an orphan.  Bad Swimmer wins!  :ChomperRWAAR: Papa, NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Final matchups next post!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Here are the matchups!

3rd Place Matchup

Deinonychus (LBT 7) vs. Papa Sharptooth (LBT 2) -
http://www.strawpoll.me/21167830

1st Place Matchup

Sharptooth (LBT 1) vs. Bad Swimmer (LBT 9) -
http://www.strawpoll.me/21167858

Oh, and the winner will get a fabulous prize!  Not telling what it is yet.

In the meantime, get to voting!

See ya later!

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Finals

3rd Place Matchup: He may not have been able to defeat Sharptooth, but I think his speed and durability is too much for Papa Sharptooth. The Deinonychus should come out on top.

1st Place Matchup: The “bad swimmer” is scary, but he’s NO water version of the Sharptooth. The strongest, the fastest, the most durable, and the scariest sharptooth of them all is THE original sharptooth. None can compare!

:sharptoothgrrr
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Welcome, everyone!  It's time for the final results, and at the end, I shall reveal the fabulous prize to the winner!

First off, let's see what the results were for the 3rd Place Matchup.

Deinonychus (LBT 7) vs. Papa Sharptooth (LBT 2) - 4 to 0 - Deinonychus tears through Papa Sharptooth!  Deinonychus wins 3rd Place!

Unfortunately, we only have one prize, so it's not like this one mattered! :P

Now, onto the Final Battle!

Sharptooth (LBT 1) vs. Bad Swimmer (LBT 9) - 5 to 0 - Despite the underwater advantage, Bad Swimmer stood no chance against the Original Sharptooth!  Bad Swimmer is killed by the Original Sharptooth!  Original Sharptooth Wins!

With that, we have our winner!  Would you please come forward so you can get your prize?

*Original Sharptooth comes onto stage*

Me: First off, Original Sharptooth, how do you feel and how much did you like the tournament?

Original Sharptooth: Well, first off, thanks for having me here.

Me: You're quite welcome!

Original Sharptooth: Secondly, I do have a name.

Me: Oh, really?  What is it?  Inquiring minds want to know!

Original Sharptooth: Well, it's actually Dark Claw.  I'm the brother of Red Claw!  My brother never stood a chance in this tournament.  I mean, he lost to a Shark for crying out loud!  I knew he was a disappointment and all, but that was just terrible!  Still love the guy!  He is family, after all.

Me: Wow!  All that is pretty unbelievable!  I'll still believe it just to be on the safe side.  So, what did you think of the tournament?

Dark Claw: Well, it was actually kind of a disappointment!  There were some worthy individuals, but none I faced could stand to me.  I was hoping to face the Legendary Meanest Sharptooth.  I kind of look up to the guy, if I'm being honest here.  Too bad he got beaten by those Sharpteeth that have a reputation for killing off a whole herd.  I'm surprised I beat those guys.  Guess my skills paid off there.

Me: Well, let's get to the prize!  For winning the Sharptooth Tournament, Dark Claw gets... *reveals prize* The entire herd of Yellowbellies from Wisdom of Friends, who are currently trapped in a ravine!  Hope you enjoy!

Dark Claw: *laughs* I'm going to be well fed for some time! *heads off to get his prize*

*insert off screen screams, tearing, dying noises and all manner of sounds that involve the murder of the Yellowbelly herd.*

Like he said, he will be well fed for some time.  Maybe he can make it last a whole year if he's lucky.

Anyways, that's it for the tournament!  What did you all think?  Maybe I'll do this again sometime.  Probably even make some improvements to it.

Hope you all enjoyed, and I'll see ya later! :wave

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot! *snaps fingers* *Everyone who died comes back and remembers nothing about the tournament.* *Everyone who lost was sent back to BEFORE the whole thing started.* *Chomper's memory is also erased and he is returned to BEFORE this happened.* There, everything is corrected.  Well, save for the one who is enjoying his meal, but I don't think anyone minds.

Okay, now we're done!  See ya later!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 06:05:44 AM by pokeplayer984 »

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Congratulations, our lovely Tyrannosaurus Rex! ^^
You always will be the best of best sharpteeth! ^^

Last time I heard about "Dark Claw" was that old fake news about LBT remake... hmm...

Can't wait for next tournament, if there will ever be one!  :D
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412