The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Should LBT bring up sexism?

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Mainly this is based off a fanifc idea of mine, where a Threehorn toughness contest comes along and a boy, Alfred, doesn't think Cera will do well because she's a girl and doubts her a lot (at least at first).  

While that's just a fanfic, do you think that LBT should ever have one where its'addressed or should they just stick with racism/speciesism?

LBT has brought up racism already.  It's not beyond the realm of possibility.  I think they have a lot of potential of having someone try and put down Cera and her tomboyishness and address sexism that way.  

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
What do you mean "Excuse me"?  Did I do something wrong?

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
This is a discussion board for topics related to LBT. It's okay to discuss own ideas but please STOP mentioning your fanfics everytime. I know I'm in no position to tell you anything, but I have to say, it is really annoying.

Also, if you think this is a way to get people to read your stuff: it isn't. Believe me on that one.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
That wasn't my motive to get people to read it.  I think they will on their own.  It was just where I got the idea and thought, I wonder if bringing up sexism would be ok in LBT or weird.  

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Still, mentioning one your fanfics (again) in such a topic just isn't necessary in my opinion as it doesn't contribute anything to the actual discussion/idea behind it.

And I'd say, this might work if it's done the right way. It is still a series targeted at a younger audience.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The original involved racism and also was kind of dark.  

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm with RockingScorpion on that one as you might have already guessed... you can be really creepy sometimes  :x
Inactive, probably forever.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
if this referred to the movie, instead of your fanfic, the answer would still  be no. sexism isnt something little kids understand very well. and stop referring to your fanfics, it annoys people and ensures folks wont read them.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: