The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Tria

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
It is also possible that Cera knows that her dad has "somehow" played a part in making Tria lay Tricia's egg. I'm sure that Cera doesn't know about the specifics, however...

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It has come to my attention that I've seemed to be focusing too much on the negative side of Tria's character. These comments have been taken farther and farther by argumentation back and forth. So far, I've done little except depict her as a lazy, soft, weak, helpless hedonistic female. While these things may be true, they do little to detract from the positive qualities the character has.

1. Kindness: At least to those who like/love her, Tria is kind. We have seen her risk herself to save Cera in movie #11, and thought of the children in that second episode when she invited them to the mud pools.

2. Relaxed: While I have focused on the negative side of Tria's relaxation in the mud pools, I will have to admit that there are a few good things about it for her. While I cannot speculate about other factors, I can say that Tria being relaxed is probably good for her blood pressure and circulation, and her muscles are probably more loose and relaxed than many other dinosaurs. A possible justification for her going to the mud pools is that she needs to relax after spending a lot of time looking after Tricia (although no similar behavior has been seen among the other mother dinosaurs who have far more children to look after.)

3. Not totally helpless: While she is still far weaker than Tops, Tria is still an adult Triceratops. Against most smaller creatures she would be a threat.

rosie

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Knowing and thinking it is gross is another thing.Littlefoot's grandpa thought littlefoot was too little to think about babies.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
One can also see that Tria seems to focus around the "ethics of caring" while Tops focuses around the "ethics of justice." For him, it is right vs wrong, for her it is feels good vs feels bad.

Anyway, getting back to my previous point; I had mentioned that Tria was relaxed, and that this was one of her positive qualities. While her debauchery has been condemned by me, I could point out a few of the positive things about her relaxed attitude and her penchant for the mud pool (copied from a web site.)

- Calmer nervous system/relaxation/sense of well-being/reduced tension/stress/anxiety

- Prevention of cramps and spasms/softened and relaxed overused muscles/looser muscles  

- Improved blood circulation.

- Increased joint flexibility.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
She may live longer then Threehorn since if he keeps the way he is that is not very healthy.  Later on he may have high blood pressure, ulcers, ect.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well, Tops IS a fair deal older than Tria; it was revealed in movie six that he has grandchildren; Tria just had her first child.

Yes, while Tria is indeed weaker and softer than Tops, she probably has better circulation and stuff... and is more relaxed and pleasant to be around than him...
In a sense, Tops's strength, toughness, and austerity are balanced by Tria's weakness, softness, and hedonism... yes, his strong muscles vs her loose muscles... Tops is good at getting others fired up (movies 3, 5, 7, 8, 11), while Tria is good at calming them down...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I thought they were around the same age and were childhood friends.  Also there is no real evidence that the 2 baby threehorns are his actual grandchildren, they may be, they may also be some threehorn hatchlings that are not related to him that he was taking care of since they were separated from their families, or for some other reason.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I agree with Kor. Tops may well be older than Tria, but I still suppose him to be closer to the generation of Littlefoot's mother (to which Tria would probably belong as well) than to that of Littlefoot's grandparents. Dinah and Dana were never beyond doubt revealed to be really related by blood to Cera and Tops (while the absence of actual parents and the different outward appearance (three horns), as well as their unexplained disappearing may all suggest them to be "temporarily adopted". There may well be differences in the age at which dinosaurs of different species may get children as well as in the number of children (excepting the tinysauruses we have yet to see a longneck with a sibling while Cera, Petrie, and Ducky all had siblings).

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That may be so, but then again, Cera refers to Dana and Dinah as her family ("the things I do for family") in movie six.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That could be since her dad had adopted them.  And may have done so as their 'grandfather' in case their parents did turn up they would make less of a fuss and may not mind their kids calling someone grandfather.  But if their kids were calling someone else dad the parents may get pretty upset, that is if they are not really related.  One telling thing is Cera & her siblings in the first movie had just 1 horn, the very young threehorns in the early sequels (I think) may have had just 1 horn, Tricia has just 1 horn, but the twins had all 3 of their horns, though very small.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yes, that's another issue; we notice physical differences between Cera and Tops on one hand, and Tria and Tricia on another. Have you noticed that Cera and Tops have four toes each, while Tria and Tricia only have three? Another difference; Tops and Cera are probably colored somewhat more realistically, at least, Cera is not being colored pink because she is female (unlike Tria, Tricia, Ruby, Sue, Ruby's mother, and that Pink female "yellow-belly" from the 13th movie.)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That is partially since if what I read is correct, Cera was meant to be a male until George Lucas suggested she be made female instead.    As for number of toes the animators likely are not paying much attention to continuity.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
There's also another possibility. Technically, Triceratops was not a single species, but a genus comprised of two species; Triceratops Horridus and Triceratops Prorsus. Perhaps Tria is of the latter of the two...

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
You all ever noticed that most of the episodes including LBT Movie 13 Tria never had her daughter around.   :huh: Besides the episodes "the Shiny Canyon" and "the Log Running Game"  the animators hardly showed tricia next to or with her mother.  Doesn't that feel a little weird to you guys?

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Why spend time animating a character that isn't neccasarry?  I love Tricia, its hard not to love that cute little thing, but they have to keep episodes cost effective.  Thats the best reason I can think of for Tria appearing without Tricia.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yes, That is likely the main reason she appears so little.  

Also perhaps the reason Tria is shown laying down a times.  It is easier to animate a char how is not moving around but laying down with just her head moving.  Likely the same reason Tria usually is drawn with less toes then Cera.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Thats understandable.  Although i'm not saying tricia is a necessary character.  All I'm saying is that back in prehistoric time where ever the mother goes the child tends to follow.  Simply saying is that the Parental Life of LBT should be a bit more realistic even though tricia is not really an important character just seeing her with her mother or father shows how responsible dinosaur parents can really be.

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
True, but since when was LBT realistic?  We are talking about talking dinosaurs here.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: raga,Apr 18 2009 on  10:50 PM
True, but since when was LBT realistic?  We are talking about talking dinosaurs here.
 :lol I know that already and I love its Fiction environment.  but you got to real in some parts.

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
It does have some reality.  For example, the three horns have three horns!  And the long necks have really long necks, the spike tails have spikes on their tails, the flyers can fly and the big mouths..... well, I guess their mouths are kinda big....

I know, I know, the science is mind blowing!