The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Where would you send them?

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I used to think that all Leaf Eaters went to Dino Heaven and all Sharpteeth, minus Chomper and his parents, went to Dino Hell.  Now I'm not so sure about sending all them Sharpteeth down below.

Also, after wondering if Rinkus and Sierra are Leaf Eaters, I'm not sure I'd be sending ALL Leaf Eaters upstairs after all.

As for Bothteeth, I'd send Domeheads down and Oviraptors up.

As for Egg Stealers, I'd send Strut up and Ozzy down.  

What do you think would send a Leaf Eater, a Sharptooth, a Bothtooth, and an Egg Stealer to Dino Hell?  

Have any of the LBT characters qualified to go down below?

(P.S., for all you Dino Atheists out there, just ignore this thread.  Don't send in the ACLU.)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I'm not sure what the dinosaur atheist comment was for.

Anyway, I'm not sure why sharpteeth would go to "dino hell", if that exists in the LBT world (I don't think it's ever stated) simply for killing to survive.

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/
It would have to depend of what they did. Neither of said groups is totally full of good or bad elements :p

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I admit, I did realize that it's quite highly probably that, though a Leaf Eater wouldn't kill another dino for food, that one could well kill another dino over food.

This probably (one hopes) would never happen in the Great Valley, but, we kinda did see those two dinos duking it out at the beginning of film V over food and they may well have killed the other over food had they not become food.  

I actually have a fanfic, though in its infancy, where it showed that Topps lost his wife and other kids to rampaging threehorns when Topps and them got into a dispute over food and resources.  Topps was only able to save Cera alone.  (Note: This is in the past.  Tricia and Tria are still fine.)  In my fanfic, Topps had never told Cera, in part because it would hurt his Threehorn pride agenda to tell Cera that not all Threehorns were good.  

Cera had believed her mother and siblings to have died in a Sharptooth attack (Cera had gotten a concussion in the charge and didn't quite remember what had happened and also she was pretty young then and so didn't recall well.)  That would explain why Cera was so biased against Chomper more than the others.  She thought she had lost family to Sharpteeth.  

We can assume, based on Topps behavior in film III during the drought and the two dinos fighting over food in film V that, though not likely to be shown directly in the films, that yes, Leaf Eaters probably due kill each other over food in the Mysterious Beyond.

So, in that respect, they'd be no better than Sharpteeth.  In some ways, they'd actually be worse, as at least Sharpteeth eat the dead dino whereas Leaf Eaters would leave the body to rot.  

(In short, in the case of Sharpteeth, the killing would be need (few Sharpteeth would risk their necks to fight Leaf Eaters unless it was necessary)) whereas, for Leaf Eaters killing Leaf Eaters, the killing could well be greed )

I don't think they ever mentioned Dino Heaven or Hell, but we can assume, based on Littlefoot's mother's spirit, that there is life after death for dinos in LBT world.

As for the villain from the first film, I keep thinking that his motives were more than food.  No other villain, not even Dil and Ichy, was so persistent of the Gang of Five, and he seemed to be more of a monster, just snapping at thin air when he was unable to get them and they were way out of his range.  

Also, in the book version of the story, he wanted revenge for his eye (though it wasn't Littlefoot and Cera's fault as they didn't do it on purpose) and anyway, he seemed to be near the entrance to the Great Valley and had evil intentions for the place.  

He even tried to take Petrie, even though he had to know he wouldn't survive going into the water.  (Yes, I think that Sharptooth had more intelligence than most of the other Sharpteeth we've seen.).  

Also, I'm still upset about Littlefoot's mother's death.  Send that Sharptooth below!

Also, that Plated Sharptooth from film V can join him.  He was pretty nasty too, willing to attack Chomper's parents just to get at the kids and, in his last moments, tried to take Chomper with him just out of spite.  

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Your threads are getting ever so ridiculous... voted for dino atheist.
Inactive, probably forever.

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Ah, interesting. Although judging by the talk on the circle of life in LBT 4 and mama longneck in LBT 1, I'd say dead dinos become more akin to spirits that may be present for a while before all going to a better place waiting for the others

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I agree with Don Bluth on this matter. He said that he had a problem with seeing Sharptooth as villain at all. Given that sharpteeth do not have a choice (unless one considers starving oneself to death a legitimate option) but to eat meat I seriously cannot see their diet as condemning them to whatever kind of hell one might make up (based perhaps on the suggestions of Littlefoot's mother showing a kind of continued existence of some sort in the original movie).
Diet in accordance with the laws of nature alone is a weak point to base all the blame on (and if Chomper and his parents were to be exempted because of... what exactly? Things would really get rididculous).

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Actually, I'm more open to Sharpteeth being allowed into Dino Heaven.  When I was a kid, I only gave Chomper and his parents an exception because Chomper is so cute and he and his parents are nice to Littlefoot.  

Now that I'm older, I'd forgive them for eating other dinos.  I was more asking, what would be considered evil and damning for a Sharptooth, since diet alone is no longer a reason to condemn them?  

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Why would one's position in the afterlife have to be based on one's morality at all? And why would this morality have to consider killing as something bad?

The voice and the cloud in the image of Littlefoot's mother does imply an afterlife, however, what kind of afterlife is it actually? We don't know at all. Zarathushtra's idea of the afterlife (heaven for the good, a fiery hell for the evil, the evil being violent, lying, adulterous...) is only one possibility.