The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Favorite cave sequence?

Guest · 19 · 2159

Bruton the Iguanodon

Caves are very mysterious---they add a sense of cool scariness to films. This is true, in LBT, to a certain degree.

Though only 6 of the films have cave sequences in them, most were pretty cool! I grew up with the one from 4, which was by far the longest, taking up nearly a third of the film and being one of the more darker, mysterious sequences amid the sequels.   :smile

Some, of course, have been lighter and softer, like the one they find Ducky in in 7---the cave itself is a fairly inoffensive brown color, contrasting to the dark blue of the aforementioned cave in movie 4, and well as a few other. The one in 11 wasn't scary at all, at least not while the gang was in it, which prevented it from being much of a very memorable sequence. Nonetheless, though LBT only uses caves sometimes, it's usually the coolest sequences when they do---probably cause it's one of the few times the characers are actually allowed to go "indoors"  :lol

But anyways, poll away. What's you favorite? I have no problem with one choice getting the most votes.  ;) (Although I am a little uneasy about including the LBT 11 choice...it's against my better judgement, but just for the record...)

Dr. Curzon

• Spike
    • View Profile
I like the second choice.  :) Tar team, hehehe... I liked that scene.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'd go with the underground chasm where Cera finds Sharptooth. The musical score, the howling wind, the shadows of clouds flying over the seemingly dead sharptooth, create a kind of excitement that I didn't feel with the other cave scenes.

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I love that cave from TLBT IV. It's so spooky and mysterious, and it also has an entrance to the Land of Mists, my favorite LBT location.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I also voted for the cavern from LBT 4 because...

1.) there was quite a lot of action

2.) it's the setting for quite a long time in LBT-terms ;)

3.) Archie has his whole screentime there

4.) there were quite a few strong scenes like Cera returning and later the Gang saying 'goodbye' to Tickles. Ali said a famous quote there: "Maybe we'll all live together someday!"

Some thoughts about the other scenes:

Though Littlefoot and Cera met The Sharptooth in this underground chasm I don't have any positive nor negative points for it! It is a kinda short scene. It's quite funny to watch Littlefoot and Cera popping those bubbles though :smile

This place with the Domeheads in it is relatively high on my list. The tar monster scene is one of the best scenes of the whole franchise and pretty laugh-worthy.

The cave where Ducky was the bait for The Sharptooth is high on my list as well because it's pure action! I guess if you add the outcutted scenes it'd be even longer and better :DD

Nothing special about this cave in LBT 2

I guess it's the same cavern in LBT 7... the cave in which the Gang fell was the exit of the cave Ducky fell in I'd say ;) I was arguing whether to vote for this one, but I eventually chose LBT 4's cave scene. I like this place because the song 'Good Inside' was sung there which had some pretty funny scenes like Ducky tickling Petrie in it :)

Threehorn peak... mysteeeeeeeeeerious  :wow greenfood from nowhere and green lava/magma??? I like this place :lol

The cave of the Tinysaurusses wasn't very interesting at all, but it was the setting for quite a few time and some pretty funny scenes like Spike getting stuck and an okay song happened there as well...

I should stop to do such long posts  :^.^:
Inactive, probably forever.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I was caught between the cave in LBT 4 and LBT 11. While 4 had a pretty interesting cave sequence, I went with 11 because of more visuals added - this cave had some pretty impressive effects, and I remember really getting into that sequence :)
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
My favorite is the cave in LBT XIV: Journey of Brave. All those crystals, and river ride amusement park style.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Cave without original sharptooth (knocked out or DAMN TELEPORTATING) isn't good cave. *rollseye*

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Quote from: Snik,Apr 26 2017 on  03:34 AM
Cave without original sharptooth (knocked out or DAMN TELEPORTATING) isn't good cave. *rollseye*
 :neutral  ????

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Quote from: Snik,Apr 26 2017 on  05:19 AM
it means I voted for cave from original movie
I couldn't vote for that one, it's too creepy :lol

I mean when Sharptooth suddenly appears behind Ducky.. aahhh!

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
it is called teleportation.

And I love original movie for its atmosphere of despair. 0=0

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief