The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ali is back!!! I thought this day would never come

Noname · 79 · 14096

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Hmm... there's that, still I dought it.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
Why? Is it so inconcievable that two herds can be related? Besides, I seem to remember that special cleaning measures (fourth movie) were taken to welcome this particular herd, measures which weren't taken with the visit of any other herd in the series. The Old One and Littlefoot's grandmother even look somewhat similar. Additionally, the herd is repeatedly referred to as "our cousins", not just once, which seems to indicate some kind of actual relationship.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well I've known love relationships to develop even from ones that are blood related.  Marriages of a brother and a sister and starting a family of their own, all coming out of love.  If it can happen with a brother and a sister, why not cousins.

There are some, like me, who can see it happen.

Besides that, there are even love wars in between kids as young as 5. (Last I've checked.  It could be younger by now.) Though such wars can be rather interesting with one's so young. :)

I would not be one bit surprised if there's a love war going on in the next upcoming two episodes. :^.^:

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That's right... Rhett did seem to take a sort of... traditional view of Ali; he wanted to play rescue at least once, with Ali as the damsel in distress. Not that there's anything morally corrupt about that. Some of the best stories ever told have been about DiD's. Anyway, Littlefoot seems to be less conventional; the very group he's in is unconventional, even though it is still moral and good. This could lead to a divergence between Littlefoot and Rhett, with each viewing Ali in a different way (note that the show does make a point of showing Rhett wanting to play rescue at least twice in a row, with Ali getting tired of it.)
With a divergence of though comes conflict, and that's what drama is all about.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
One more thing: Did anyone notice that this episode had the meeting of Roy Allen Smith's two most important characters? Both Ali and Chomper have had a significant impact on the series, far more so than most of Charles Grosvenor's characters. In fact, most of the characters that he introduced were useful for only one movie (Doc, the Rainbowfaces, Pterano, etc), and are unlikely to return. It wasn't until Bron was introduced that we saw anyone with huge significance, and it wasn't until Tria, Tricia, and later Ruby that we would see any character with permanent status. As it is, Chomper and Ali are characters whose importance is second only to that of the original five, and any meeting between them only existed in fanfiction... until now.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Yup,but I didn't liek the way they didn't explore that. In most fanfictions when Ali meets Chomper there's all this subsequent action, that turns the story interesting.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: NewOrder,Feb 12 2007 on  09:38 AM
Yup,but I didn't liek the way they didn't explore that. In most fanfictions when Ali meets Chomper there's all this subsequent action, that turns the story interesting.
That's true.  One fine example is Malte's "The Cold Time", where even after saving her from Ozzy, she was still reluctant from being his friend.

To be honest, I expecting something quite different to happen when she found out that her own friends were friends with a sharptooth.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well, Ali appears to be gone once again, not making an appearance in either of the two new episodes.
Rhett and the rest of Ali's herd seems to have moved on once again.

I'll be posting the next two episodes, 8 and 9, up within the next hour.  I'm uploading 8 and compressing 9 right now.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Dang! Well, I hope that she is still in the valley, and just isn't shown for the time being. If what we saw in the previous episode was the last time we will ever see Ali (I doubt it), it would be very disappointing.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I agree, but there was no indication of her herd leaving, these episodes probably just had different plots that didn't need Ali, there's also the earlier episode thing. Myabe Ali's Return was supposed to air only this week.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hmm... It's possible that we will have to reorder our episodes in the future... still, I believe that episodes 3-8 are in the correct order, and that the possibility that we will see Ali again in a couple of weeks is still strong.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Let's hope you're right. I wonder if the DVD version of the series will have multi-languages.

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
I'd want actual extras as opposed to multiple languages. A "Making Of...". A tutorial on how to draw that gang. Storyboards. A voice recording session. Dropped concepts. A commentary. ANYTHING!

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ratiasu,Feb 17 2007 on  02:19 PM
I'd want actual extras as opposed to multiple languages. A "Making Of...". A tutorial on how to draw that gang. Storyboards. A voice recording session. Dropped concepts. A commentary. ANYTHING!
Amen! :D  :lol
That is the area that LBT has lacked since day one: Official information regarding the series.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I was just watching the LBT 12 trailer and couldn't help but notice that the scenes from the TV series are the ones from this weeks episode 9. If that is really the first episode of the series then it lacks a lot of important information.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I agree. But it isn't necessarily the case that that episode was indeed the first. Even if it was, we will probably get some more back story later; in episode 3, we received some back story about Ruby's "mission" and how Chomper and Ruby came to be in the valley. Perhaps we will see how Chomper and Ruby met the original five.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm glad that Ali has returned, although. from what I've read, it was disappointing.  Like Noname, I believe that Littlefoot and Ali are related, either third or fourth cousins, and I expected Ali to be similar to the girl longneck we all loved in LBT 4, instead they dumbed her down a bit.  The LBT 4 Ali would not have been as gullible and reuniting with Littlefoot and His friends would have caused her great joy. We'll haver to see if Ali's return was a one-off, I hope not...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Could one of you guys post a pic of her from the episode and post one next to it of her from lbt 4? That way I can see what she looks like...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
A number of new episodes and still no Ali again.  What, no goodbye episode for us Ali fans?  Is Universal getting lazy in these episodes?

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
A number of new episodes and still no Ali again. What, no goodbye episode for us Ali fans? Is Universal getting lazy in these episodes?

:cry  :cry  :cry Darn you Universal!!