The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Land before time covers

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
^ But that little joke certainly has nothing at all to do with the changing of the covers from LBT 1 to 6, does it?

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
WR mentioned he liked the first four covers so I mentioned something about them.  <_<   It's just a continuing discussion about the covers as to why that might have been included on the cover when an object like binoculars are clearly a human invention.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I wonder if the one who did include that binocular had to ask "someone in charge" (who would that be?) if it was okay? I don't even know who created / creates the covers. Does anyone have an idea?

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Actually, Ilike the binoculars. :lol:  They really made me laugh when I really took a look at the cover.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
While I agree with what you're all saying, I only had a serious problem with two covers. First, was the DVD cover of The Land Before Time III: The Time of the Great Giving. While most will probably disagree with the extremity of my description, on that cover, Littlefoot's expression makes him look goofy and a little brainless. This mainly bothers me because Littlefoot is anything but goofy and brainless. Second was the DVD cover of The Land Before Time V: The Mysterious Island. It made Chomper look a lot smaller and younger than he had actually become in that movie. That representation of Chomper more resembled his appearance in II than V. Looking at that cover shows almost no sign that he's grown up at all. Yes, there are many cover oddities, as you've all validly pointed out. But these two annoy me the most.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I heard about the original cover, not sure if it was the vhs or dvd, or 4 where Icky had binoculars.  Though some of the recent ones can be annoying in that they seem to get a cheap artist to draw, instead of one of the ones who worked on the film or tv series.  And why not just do a screen capture.  If I can do that it's not that hard to figure out how to do it.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I don't feel quite as strong about the cover of LBT 3. It is kind of stands out as it is the only one of the sequel covers in which the main-characters are more in the back- rather than the foreground. Not too good an idea I think, but I certainly prefer it over the way Littlefoot was pushed forward on the LBT 11 cover (for example). The cover did show a situation of distress and I guess Littlefoot did look accordingly, though I do see where you are coming from when you say it looks kind of goofy.
If they had put this kind of Littlefoot face :D in the context of the scene of that cover, it would have been the most macabre LBT cover ever :lol

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
LOL :lol!  Those binoculars are funny indeed.  When I first got the movie when it came out, I did a double-take and blinked and squinted at Ichy 'cuz I wasn't sure if I was nuts or if it was for real :lol.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I wonder if those were intentional or if the artist didn't know if there was tech in the movie or not.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Perhaps the binoculars were purposefully put in there as a gag, or something?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Or he stole them from the rainbowfaces and lost them before the events in lbt 4 happened.   :lol

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
The only cover I like is the cover for the original. I actually have an entire essay I wrote on just the LBT 1 front cover. (I was like 10 at the time, so I don't know what inspired me to write it.)

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Or take some screenshots from the movie and pick 1 to be the cover.  Taking a screen shot can't be that hard for a big movie company.  I'm sure at least 1 person in the whole company must know how to take a screen shot.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I don't think I recall a single movie that ever used a screenshot as the movie cover.

Bruton the Iguanodon

I don't think I recall a single movie that ever used a screenshot as the movie cover.

Neither do I!  :wow

Anyways this thread---

http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...6599.0#lastPost

I've made an entire history of LBT's movie covers.