The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

GOF Sing-along: If We Hold On Together

Mumbling · 57 · 14735

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hi everyone!  :rainbowwave

Remember the singing projects? The banners you'll see in some people's avatars? Here's a small reboot! In honor of making a fully GOF-voiced Land Before Time movie, I thought it would also be a good idea to put voice-overs instead of Diana Ross' song during the credits.

The premise is very simple: if you have a microphone of any kind and want to join - you can! You'll need a few more things to send me a recording:
- A program in which you can record your voice. This can be any program of your choice, so long as it can create mp3 or wav files. A good free option is Audacity.
- Earphones to listen to the song (so that we won't hear an echo of it in your recording).
- Quiet time at home to record!

Are you in? You can find the lyrics here. Attached to this post you'll find Action9000's excellent rendition of the song without any vocals. Please sing along to that song, since the original song has a slightly different timing from the rendition.

I'll be updating this post with the people who want to join! Feel free to ask if you have any questions. I want at least 5 voices - but the more the merrier! :)

People joining in:
Belmont2500
bestariana1girl
Darkwolf91
DiddyKF1
Flathead770
LeventeII
Mumbling
Nimrod
OwlsCantRead
Petrie
Ducky123
UnionRags123
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 12:48:58 AM by Mumbling »

DiddyKF1

• Monkey of Many Mysteries from the Fruitiest Forests
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Proud supporter of DuckyxPetrie!
    • View Profile
Like I said before, I could try putting my Petrie singing voice into this, but I probably won't get an opportunity until either tomorrow or later. My little brother's high school graduation is today, and I intend to be there to see him do it. :)petrie
Suddenly, I've written so many fanfics that I can't possibly list them all! :P

Ducky x Petrie forever! :)petrie :duckyhappy

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That would be absolutely awesome, Diddy! If we hold on together is particularly tricky because it has many low and high notes, but I hope you can make it work! And of course, no rush, enjoy your brother's graduation :)

DiddyKF1

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
That would be absolutely awesome, Diddy! If we hold on together is particularly tricky because it has many low and high notes, but I hope you can make it work! And of course, no rush, enjoy your brother's graduation :)

I will! I hope it'll be just as special as my own graduation eight years ago! My God, has it been that long?

In fact, I had a dream last night about the four (Littlefoot, Cera, Ducky and Petrie) singing the song during a colorful sunset. It took place just one day after the events of the movie, and they briefly discuss their new friendship and their troubled pasts before Petrie decides to try singing for the first time, and he breaks into the song we all know and love, before the others eventually join in and they become a foursome, with Ducky joining him next, before Littlefoot and Cera join in for the first chorus. It was one of the cutest, tearful dreams I have had in recent memory.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I see my name has already been thrown on the list from the chat. Well you already know that I just sent out a preliminary showcase for you to laugh at  :PCera
I'll see if I can find another opportunity to do a better recording.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

DiddyKF1

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I''ll try to get my singing recorded if at some point my brother leaves the room for maybe 15 minutes or so. :P

BTW, his graduation last night was just wonderful! He'll be off to college at UB before the end of August, and he'll be dorming there, which means I get the room to myself, and therefore more recording opportunity time! :P :)petrie

DiddyKF1

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Welp, my brother went to a friend's graduation party, and that provided me with the perfect opportunity to get my recording done! :)petrie And what I said about singing in my Petrie voice, I'm true to my word. I didn't have the heart to break out of character! :smile

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thanks, Petrie Diddy! I don't know how you do it, hitting all those high notes in Petrie's voice. Sounding really good so far, guys!

Nimrod210

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Hey. If some of you wonder. I was just Nimrod before. I sadly forgot my Password and my old Email is deleted so I had to create a new account.^^

I would gladly be participating in the Project tho. :)

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
No way I'm going to let a chance to sing a childhood favourite pass me by.

I'm in!  :)littlefoot
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 09:29:40 PM by Belmont2500 »

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yay, welcome both! I've added you to the list. Nimrod, I've sent you instructions regarding your old account :)

UnionRags123

• Member+
  • Spike
  • AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB
    • View Profile
I'd love to join...but I can't sing well at all  :(petrie
AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB

Major kudos to anyone who figures out what that means :)

I will find ways to make sure “lol dino” is in all of my posts :lol

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

You'd be welcome to join! Singing well is not a requirement, trust me :)petrie

UnionRags123

• Member+
  • Spike
  • AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB
    • View Profile

You'd be welcome to join! Singing well is not a requirement, trust me :)petrie

Ooh in that case maybe I will join  :)
Also, we don't have to try to do an impression of one of the characters...do we?  :lol
AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB

Major kudos to anyone who figures out what that means :)

I will find ways to make sure “lol dino” is in all of my posts :lol

DiddyKF1

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Also, we don't have to try to do an impression of one of the characters...do we?  :lol

I wouldn't say we necessarily have to. I mean, I personally think having the characters singing it is cute, but we're leaving that optional for now. I did a Petrie impression that ended up quite good, but natural voices would be okay, too. :)petrie

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
No need to do a character impression, no! Sing however you want to, as long as you keep to the rhythm of the song posted in the original post! :D

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This project is coming along nicely - already received 4 recordings! Would love to see some more, so keep them coming :)

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
My voice has been sent to the appropriate parties for listening.  :wacko :wacko