The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Internet Explorer 8

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Well, I must say that I have been very unimpressed with Microsofts latest software including Internet Explorer 7, Office 2007, and Windows Vista however I have just tried Internet Explorer 8 Beta and I must admit that it's all right.  It's not as good as firefox, but it might get there some day.  The overall feel of the program is much nicer than IE7 was.  Setup is a breeze and it still looks streamlined without taking up 512mb of ram by opening google.  It still uses the same old crappy rendering engine that it did way back in IE5, but it looks and feels nicer now.  They seriously just need to dump IE and start again from scratch.  It's too much of a hackers paradise.  They have done better however and I commend them for that.  Hopefully they'll do better with Windows 7 as well.  They're coming out with a 32 bit version of it so I know it won't have too many insane requirements. :D

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hopefully they'll do better with Windows 7 as well. They're coming out with a 32 bit version of it
As long as there's a 64-bit version eventually.  :D
I'm sure there will be. :)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
There's something different about IE8.  Something.........about the UI.  It's almost like it's been optimised for windows surface...........Everything's a little too smooth.

As long as there's a 64-bit version eventually

Of course there'll be a 64 bit version.  Heck, there's already a 64 bit version for xp and vista.  Why wouldn't they make one for their newest operating system?

Just the fact that you can download IE8 for windows xp shows that MS knows Vista is a dud and doesn't plan to dump xp until they get windows 7 up and running.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Long live Opera...no IE for me (except for those Windows updates).

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think I"ll stick with Firefox for now.  It seems to be a good browser.