The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Google Chrome

Petrie. · 68 · 3975

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
There is one major gripe I do have with Google Chrome.  It is too bright for my liking.  According to my own observation, Firefox and Internet Explorer hold a darker color scheme than that of Google Chrome.  For now, I'm back at Firefox.

Oh, and if you think it's a problem with my graphics card, no it is not, I've checked.

Once they tone it down, I'll put it back up. :)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Could be a browser skin as well, which obviously, Chrome doesn't have yet.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Interessting.
It works faster here at my place comparing to both IE and Firefox.
I'm going to test it out for a while!  :yes
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Guess I¥m gonna try it out

My first one hundred posts :^.^: ...

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, I decided to try and re-download it.  However, I ran into error problems with trying to execute it.  I guess Google is taking care of a few things with it.

On top of that, I did find that a few people have started copying the application and having it ready for download.  Whether or not they have succeeded I have yet to find out, but we'll see.  Of course, what do you expect from Google?  It's only THE hottest web searcher on the net.  Not surprising someone would start copying the programming for their web browser.

Anyways, I'll try again some time later.  Just wanted to update you guys with this.

EDIT:

A nice vid with more info on Google Chrome:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fwNH49zuqw

He definitely gives some nice information.  I must admit, it's pretty neat to know how it all works. :)

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
I've used Chrome for a week now, and decided to keep it.
It works billions times faster than IE and Firefox.
Atleast here it does.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I currently run google chrome and firefox on my computers.  I only use firefox when there's some java that google chrome doesn't like.  Once the bugs are out of it, I'll go exclusively with google chrome.  Bye bye firefox! :yes

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, got it back up.  Time to start the testing again. :)

EDIT: Text or language problem on Google Chrome?  Do the following:

1- Click on the Tools icon.

2- Click on Options

3- In new window click on the Minor Tweaks Tab and select Change Font & Language Settings.

From there, you can change the settings in the Fonts Tab and in the Languages Tab  to what you find most appropriate.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Chrome installed again...they updated some stuff I guess.  So far, no unusual cpu runtime processes which I can't figure out. :)  Still refuse to use this with banking stuff, but this is definitely a step in the right direction.

Also, youtube still refuses to work.  Maybe its the flash plugin but it works for Firefox and Opera....why not Chrome, you wonder considering google and youtube are joined at the hip. ^^

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Sep 14 2008 on  09:35 AM
With me youtube works on chrome.
Same here.
Only but a few pages have refused, but those are pages I don't visit frequently.
For one that I visit often (GoF) it loads in no time. Just as an example.  ;)

My dad had troubles with IE which weren't running at all on his PC. I solved that with Chrome. So now he's happy again, playing around with his fishing sites.
 :^.^:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Youtube works fine for me as well.  I don't run into any problems, even full screen with the ones that hog Flash data.

And guess what?  Google went to the trouble of creating a page on wikipedia (Yeah, the one a lot of members here don't trust.) about their browser.  Remember, they themselves created it.  So any false information on it is not done by Google and should be fixed immediately.  Last thing we want is for Google to look bad.

Anyways, here's the page Google themselves made for their web browser:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Chrome

Now that they've toned it down, I'll see if my dad is willing to get it as well.

Well, see ya later! :)

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Chrome installed again...they updated some stuff I guess. So far, no unusual cpu runtime processes which I can't figure out. Still refuse to use this with banking stuff, but this is definitely a step in the right direction.

Also, youtube still refuses to work. Maybe its the flash plugin but it works for Firefox and Opera....why not Chrome, you wonder considering google and youtube are joined at the hip. ^^

Do you have Vista Petrie?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
No, I have XP.  My computer's a bit squirrley if you read the topics I post every now and then.  Safe and secure but things break and lock up every now and then for no apparent reason.  Software just fights with one another.

Tried to see if reinstalling Flash would work.  Still no response from youtube, so I don't know what the hell is wrong because it still works fine with Firefox and Opera (portable versions too that go on flash drives...not the versions that get installed!).  So odd.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I wonder if it may be some sort of software conflict, a security setting,  or something.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Its definitely a conflict somewhere, but its only if I use chrome.  Like I said the portable versions of Firefox and Opera can see it and use it.  You'd think chrome could too and people say chrome can load youtube stuff.  So it works somewhere. :p

I doubt its security since it wouldn't work anywhere then, and that's not the case.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I wonder what sort of conflict it could be and if you have to download flash for every browser or just one.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Sep 15 2008 on  07:22 AM
I wonder what sort of conflict it could be and if you have to download flash for every browser or just one.
Didn't have to do that when I downloaded Google Chrome.

Hmm.... Graphics Card maybe?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Graphics card wouldn't affect flash, or it wouldn't work at all.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Could it be another browser is using an older version of flash?  No idea if it would work like that or if it's even possible.   Or a browser expects a certain version of flash and it's not there or does flash work on just 1 browser at a time?