The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Google Chrome

Petrie. · 68 · 3976

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
That's what I was thinking, but even a fresh install (latest and greatest) did nothing to help.  That's why I'm really lost because its the only browser not finding the plugin.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Could it be which browser is set to your default or main browser.  Not sure if that would effect anything or not.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hmm... Come to think of it, I did change my default browser to Google Chrome before testing YouTube.  Still, I don't know if that would have anything to do with it.

Dang!  Wish LBTlover was here.  He'd figure out something like this in a heartbeat. :(

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, sorry for the double post, but I have found a new problem and I felt it better that everyone know of this.

I put up a little image that had the amount of length that exceeded the pixel limit when going left to right on another forum.  I quickly found that it can't fit properly on Google Chrome.  When this happens in Firefox, you are usually treated with a left and right scroll popping up.  However, this doesn't happen on Google Chrome.  What they basically do is remove a part of the image.  Sure, means I have to properly edit it, but I find it quite the hassle in the end. -_-

I'm sure the lack of a left and right scroll popping up will cause a problem for several web pages. :(

This is an issue that REALLY needs to be fixed.  Guess we all better start sending that info to Google. -_-

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If they do listen to feedback from users then they do need the information and suggestions.  Not sure if email is better or if they have an official forum for chrome, or doing both.

Littlefoot90

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://lbtwelt.npage.ch/
hi, I have the beta of Google Crome and I cannot gallows the new is Internet Explorer the hammer. :lol:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hmm... looks like Google Chrome is slower when it comes to downloading large files.  Seriously, it took my Desktop with 4 GB of RAM and XP lite SP3... 30 minutes to download a 127 MB file.  Whereas my Laptop, using Internet Explorer, having 2 GB of RAM and Windows Vista... 15 minutes to download the exact same file.

Hmm... interesting, no?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It may have a speed cap on it for some reason.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Hmm... looks like Google Chrome is slower when it comes to downloading large files. Seriously, it took my Desktop with 4 GB of RAM and XP lite SP3... 30 minutes to download a 127 MB file. Whereas my Laptop, using Internet Explorer, having 2 GB of RAM and Windows Vista... 15 minutes to download the exact same file.

Hmm... interesting, no?

That's not a fair comparison.  Your new laptop has a MUCH faster ethernet port than your old desktop.  The only way to test this for sure is to download the same file from the same COMPUTER.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
This looks really cool and all but I'm having an annoying problem with it. No matter what page I try to load, it only loads it for like 5 seconds, then it says "Something went wrong while displaying this webpage. To continue, press Reload or go to another page." Pressing Reload obviously doesn't work. Is anybody else getting this?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Littlefoot Fan,Oct 9 2008 on  10:06 PM
This looks really cool and all but I'm having an annoying problem with it. No matter what page I try to load, it only loads it for like 5 seconds, then it says "Something went wrong while displaying this webpage. To continue, press Reload or go to another page." Pressing Reload obviously doesn't work. Is anybody else getting this?
Not me.  Mine's working just fine. :)

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ok, well I just tried it on my computer and it works fine. So I guess something just went wrong on the other computer. Well this time I didn't set it to send reports to google about my crashes or anything, so it might have been that that was crashing it. I don't really know. Aside from all that though, it's extremely fast and I absolutely love it :D

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
There's one small thing that I seemed to notice that this browser does that IE doesn't. It's a really minor thing but I'm not sure if there will ever be a way to change it, or if they'll ever change it themselves. Basically before a page loads, the screen flickers white. This is really hard on the eyes when you're constantly loading up new web pages, like 3 every second. The reason I have to constantly load up new web pages is for a web-based mmorpg I play, called Outwar. I've been staring at constant flickers of bright white for the past 20 minutes and I feel like I'm going to have a seizure :p

EDIT: Ok, well I just found out that it seems to only do that bright white flicker on the Outwar website, when I click to move to a different section on the map and it has to load the new web page. Still, IE never gives this white flash, so I don't really understand it. Well like everyone said, it is still only beta, so things still have lots of room for improvement.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
All the java/flash stuff is always hard on browsers.  Your cpu spikes because browsers have harder times rendering it.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I still can't even get google maps to load properly and they only use a little bit of flash.  I'd stay clear of flash apps until google chrome gets most of the bugs out of it.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Oct 10 2008 on  05:32 PM
I still can't even get google maps to load properly and they only use a little bit of flash.  I'd stay clear of flash apps until google chrome gets most of the bugs out of it.
I don't get why flash stuff works SO well for me though, even with Google Chrome.  Seriously, I've got YouTube and other flash websites working VERY well.  Even Google Maps.

I seriously don't understand WHY it works for me, but not others.

Hmm... do you think the monitor is related to it in some way?

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Does Google Chrome make this forum load faster? 'Cause I seriously have to sit here forever waiting for a new page to load.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Flash sites work out fine with me too.

Edit: And actually chrome loads this page with me slower. Just to answer the question above.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I seriously don't understand WHY it works for me, but not others.

What version of flash player do you have?  I'm sure most of us have the most recent version and maybe that's what's incompatible with google chrome instead of the flash applications.  I'm pretty sure you've got an older version on your computer.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,Oct 15 2008 on  09:56 PM
Does Google Chrome make this forum load faster? 'Cause I seriously have to sit here forever waiting for a new page to load.
It did for me.  Try loading the pages now that I took down our fireworks.

Also, our images come from photobucket's servers, so if any of them are slow, then the images load slow, the pages load slow, etc.