The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

New Server Modifications

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I just wanted to let y'all know that I'm going to be doing some drastic server modifications.  They're so drastic that I'm going to have to back up my entire server script code while I do them (in case I screw something up).  The server will not be going down during this time, however these modifications aren't as simple as adding a new picture.  Truthfully, I didn't code the visual theme elements properly from the beginning because I just wanted to try it out and see if it would work.  Because of this, a theme overhaul is way over due.  The server and all links will work however it might look a little (or maybe a lot) screwed up during this time.  I'm just letting y'all know 'cuz I don't want to be bombarded by emails regarding issues with my server. ;)

DH (and others) have commented on the limited (or no) functionality of a status window when uploading.  This is a crucial element and I plan to get it fixed.  I'm also going to try some new things with the theme and I'm going to clean it up and get rid of junk files and files that are partially uploaded (damn I need a script for that).  I'm also planning on adding a 500gb external hard drive to the server (of course it won't need to be taken down for that either) to increase its total size to about 1tb (1,000gb).  

Just bear with me.  I've been kinda lazy with my server since I opened it up so long ago and now I gotta pay for it. :p

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I've made some major modifications, but it's still not perfect.  I need to change some font colors and icons.  Lots of work left to do.....I just can't do it anymore because it hurts to sit on that tiny little hard chair in front of my server and code. :p I'll get it done eventually.  *Sigh*

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile