The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Weird Computer Problem

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Just an update.  Apparently my hard drive is getting ready to fail after all.  After backing up all my files, I decided to create a set of recovery disks to reinstall the OS after I replace the hard drive but I seem to have run into a problem.  The program told me I would need 3 disks.  I successfully created the first recovery disk but then I had to exit the program to do something else.  It told me it would resume where I left off so I didn't think it was any big deal.  I reopened the recovery disk program and went to create disk 2 and instead, it started creating another disk 1, despite the fact that the program said it would only allow me to create one copy of each disk.  I don't want 2 disk 1s.  Anybody know what's going on here?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
My advise to you is to download my technician OEM disks from my server.  It will put a legit copy of Windows on your PC without all the crapware and only requires 1 disk.  Just make sure your COA is legible (this is a sticker on the case of your computer with 25 digits).  If you're on a laptop, it might be under the battery.  Just search for my thread.  You don't want the crap the disks your computer makes will put back onto your computer.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Gotta love it when computers glitch out and do weird stuff for no obvious reason.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile

Gotta love it when computers glitch out and do weird stuff for no obvious reason.

That crazy crap happens all the time with the smartboards that are at my school. The teachers get annoyed and/or joke about it and make fun humor. :lol

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...