The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Land Before Time: A Friend in Need

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
It has only been weeks since the death of Littlefoot's mother. He and his friends and family all made a home in the Great Valley. Except, that Littlefoot isn't the same cheerful longneck he used to be when his mother was alive. Everyone tried to cheer him up; but to no avail. Topsy saw Littlefoot sitting alone at his own nest. Tears were forming in his eyes and he was hanging his head. Topsy walked over to the longneck to see if he could cheer him up.

"Littlefoot, are you okay?" Topsy asked.

The young longneck turned his head to face the threehorn.

"No I'm not; I miss my mom; she meant everything to me and now she's gone," Littlefoot said.

Littlefoot turned all the way around so his back wasn't facing Topsy.

"I know how you feel; Cera's mom and three of my children died that night too," Topsy admitted.

"I am so sorry; here I am crying about my loss when you lost more loved ones than I have," Littlefoot scolded himself.

"Don't apologize; it wasn't your fault and you have every right to cry over your loss," Topsy replied.

Littlefoot started sobbing. Topsy thought it was best to stay silent until Littlefoot let it all out. After a while, Littlefoot managed to calm down. He was still upset over his mother's death and Topsy could see it in his eyes. Littlefoot wiped away his tears with his paw.

"Do you feel better now?" Topsy asked.

Littlefoot nodded weakly.

"That's good; I'm sure your friends are waiting for you; how about you go meet them," Topsy suggested.

"Okay; you did cheer me up a bit; thanks," Littlefoot said, a small smile appeared on his face.

Topsy smiled.

"You're welcome," Topsy replied.

Littlefoot walked off to meet the others when Grandpa Longneck came by the nest.

"Oh; he sure looks happy again," Grandpa commented.

"Yeah; it turns out that he needed someone to talk to," Topsy responded.

The elderly longneck liked Topsy's change in attitude since he had first met Littlefoot.

"I'm glad you two managed to have a decent conversation," Grandpa said.

"Yeah; although, he did cry at one point; but, he was about to anyway," Topsy said.

Grandpa nodded.

"Well I'm glad he's in a better mood than he was earlier," Grandpa commented.

Topsy and Grandpa looked off into the distance and heard Littlefoot laughing; not just any laugh; this was a genuine laugh. They knew he'd be okay with the support of his friends and family.

One-shot!  Topsy/Littlefoot. Strictly friendship.