The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Iron Will pities the fool who puts him in with the villains!
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Well, I guess it's a villains/antagonists group. Sort of like when I put Pterano in my favorite villains meme on deviantART saying that he was an antagonist, and Bushroot being sort of antagonistic himself...he's a tricky one.  

They are the negative force to challenge the protagonists, but not necessarily "bad guys"

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
I still don't really see Iron Will or the manticore as villains or antagonists. Iron Will was just doing his job(Assertiveness training) and the manticore just had a thorn stuck in its paw. I wouldn't  say either of them were really antagonist material.

Speaking of Iron Will, it kind of irritates me how Putting Your Hoof Down tried to make it seem like he was the bad guy and that it was his fault that Fluttershy was being so mean to everyone. Again, Flutts took his lessons the wrong way. Instead of becoming assertive, she became aggressive and lashed out at everyone, including Rarity and Pinkie. None of that was Iron Will's fault. He didn't make Fluttershy lash out at her friends, she did that on her own.

If the episode was trying to paint Iron Will as a villain or antagonist, then...well it kinda failed I'm sorry to say. I actually felt a little sorry for him at the end.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Me, too. It was entirely Fluttershy's issues from start to finish. Iron Will may be in-your-face, but he's no villain. Hell, he's quite reasonable when you come down to it, and even gets an idea from Fluttershy at the end:

"No means no! I'll have to remember that for my next gig!"
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Maybe the ones in the villains poster are ones that were MEANT to be seen as antagonists when they first appeared?  Then again, that doesn't work in some cases.

Yeah, Fluttershy deserves to be on there more than Iron Will does. :)

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Hey how many of y'all would like to see a cyberpunk dystopian Equestria for one episode?

Or have a piece of industrial rock/techno for an episode?

On a side note, have Deus Ex ponies: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/20987/Deus...uine-Revolution

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Not really. I mean, how would you confine that to just one episode and then have the series go back to normal afterwards. I'm all for a little more adventure and legit villainy, but let's not go crazy in that aspect.

EggStealerGirl

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://rosethethief.deviantart.com/
Just got back from Barns and Nobles, and you'll never guess what I found... MLP: FIM: A Canterlot Wedding, both parts on DVD, along with three other episodes!

I also struck more gold upon finding a double feature pack of both Cats Don't Dance AND Quest For Camelot, two films of animation that Lauren Faust had helped work on.

She actually admitted to not liking to work on Quest For Camelot, as Faust doesn't exactly like working on films trying to rip-off Disney... She also thought it didn't turn out too well, but I thought the animation of it was just lovely! ^^

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Aug 7 2012 on  03:20 PM
Not really. I mean, how would you confine that to just one episode and then have the series go back to normal afterwards. I'm all for a little more adventure and legit villainy, but let's not go crazy in that aspect.
Have it as an in-universe show/story. That worked for Daring Do.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Daddytops2009,Aug 7 2012 on  01:43 PM
I was just buying this in a local mall.

There's a certain response I want to give, but I know it to be too threatening for this board.  So just know, I'm very jealous. :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, tell me right now, how did this thread go 3 days without a post? :blink:

Anyways, I got the new Royal Wedding DVD in the mail today.  It has the following.

A Canterlot Wedding Part 1 & 2
Hearts and Hooves Day
Sweet & Elite
The Best Night Ever

Love is in Bloom Sing-Along (Full Version)
Hearts and Hooves Day Song Sing-Along
Coloring Pages

To be fully honest, there is one big gripe I have with the sing-along songs.  They decided to cut off a bit of the bottom of the scenes and put the text there rather than just put on the text itself, which is far more professional.

If I get the chance, I'll show you what I mean.

Well, that's all for now.

See ya later! :)

EggStealerGirl

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://rosethethief.deviantart.com/
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Aug 11 2012 on  10:20 PM

Anyways, I got the new Royal Wedding DVD in the mail today.  It has the following.

A Canterlot Wedding Part 1 & 2
Hearts and Hooves Day
Sweet & Elite
The Best Night Ever

Love is in Bloom Sing-Along (Full Version)
Hearts and Hooves Day Song Sing-Along
Coloring Pages

Got that same DVD, only at a Barns & Nobles book store.

Really wish they'd release Discord's episode sometime...

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Daddytops2009,Aug 12 2012 on  11:37 AM
While waiting for Everfree

http://everfreenw.com/events.php
was going to go but didn't get my ticket in time.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I thought cons let you buy a ticket at the door.  Or is that just some cons?

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Aug 12 2012 on  02:28 PM
I thought cons let you buy a ticket at the door.  Or is that just some cons?
there aren't any left