The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Rainbow Dash in an energy drink.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/08/revi...rry-splash.html

Anyone willing to try it?  I'm not for energy drinks, even if they are labeled with my favorite character.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Has there been any confirmation on Season 3's premeire yet?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^^Last I heard, they are trying for before the end of the year to start it, but there is no guaranteed date as of yet.

In all honesty, it's torture waiting for an official date to be announced. :(

On a side note, a recent episode of another show actually referenced MLP:FiM for practically the whole episode.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/09/poun...episode-10.html

So if you can't wait, maybe that'll quench your pony needs for a bit. :)

PanickyPetrie14

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.furaffinity.net/user/dozyslumbers
One day, on our COE class...

It's our group's turn for the presentation...
when we were done with it, we gave the class some activity.

One classmate of mine told me to project my laptop into the screen, because of pony background and desktop ponies.

Later, while doing the activity, he plugged in my laptop and then... it appeared.

Suddenly the class went like, uhh cheering something like that, like, "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Believe it or not, not a single negativity.
It was projected until the end of class.

Then before we left the classroom, they were like....
"PONY! PONY! PONY! PONY!"

and this. is how I roll with my section. :v

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
They're only making 13 episodes, so how can they not have a date set?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

EggStealerGirl

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://rosethethief.deviantart.com/
Yeah, it's rather frustrating in terms of waiting for more information regarding season 3; at one point, I heard it was supposed to air in August, but now just recently this month. :DD

Of course, I could be wrong on this, with all that false information floating around on the web these days...

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^^I predict more lies from the haters just to screw with us.

I'm keeping an eye on official sources.  So far, nothing.  I'll make sure to let you guys know when it comes.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Just wanted to share this neat alternate opening to the series with you guys. I first heard it at Anthrocon this year and I finally stumbled upon the original video on youtube last night.

Italian Friendship is Magic Opening

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hasbro is having the fans help with the next pony toy line.  They plan to ponify a famous movie, but can't seem to choose which one.  So, we get to help.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/09/disc...e-is-being.html

Hmm... Think we can get OUR little near 25 year old franchise ponified?  That would be interesting, don't you think? ;)

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Sep 3 2012 on  12:14 AM
Hasbro is having the fans help with the next pony toy line.  They plan to ponify a famous movie, but can't seem to choose which one.  So, we get to help.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/09/disc...e-is-being.html

Hmm... Think we can get OUR little near 25 year old franchise ponified?  That would be interesting, don't you think? ;)
Hmmm, perhaps you're right.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Midwestria spoilers incoming.

M.A. Larson?@M_A_Larson

@MichelleCreber @foalpapers @dannyimusic @orchetect I better beg @MMeghanMcCarthy for a few more episodes. @Midwestria could be expensive

M.A. Larson?@M_A_Larson

@foalpapers Possibly. We'll see if there are any last minute surprise guests. :-)

M.A. Larson?@M_A_Larson

New @Midwestria panel! @KeatingRogers, Charlotte Fullerton, and I will be screening season three IN ITS ENTIRETY!

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Awesome.

You know, I've noticed that one of the problems Hasbro (the company, itself, not the production company of the show) has is COMMUNICATION with their fanbase. First they didn't tell us squat about why "The Last Roundup" was taken down and off the air and what they were doing about UNTIL AFTER THEY DID IT, and now they can't even be bothered to tell us when Season 3 will be.

What the hell, Hasbro?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Do they have control over when a show starts or is it controlled by another company?

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
My Little Pony belongs to Hasbro. Even if they didn't control the show's deadlines, I'm pretty sure they'd at least know what those deadlines are.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
A fan recently came up with a theory of how Princess Candace's "love power" actually works.  According to the theory, her power actually only works on ponies who are already in love.  It helps them work out compromises in difficult situations where the couple at hand would usually argue over it to a point where their relationship would be tarnished and difficult to repair.  Simply, it reminds them of the love they already share and that they can work out the problem together.

To be honest, I like the theory quite a bit.  It makes her power seem more likable than the writers made it out to be.  I hope it becomes cannon.  It would clear up quite a bit in the end. :)

What do you guys think?  Does the theory work for you?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That does seem like a very logical idea and theory to me.   As well as more pleasant then thinking she can force ponies to fall in love with each other.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
@ pokeplayer: the fact that the arguing couple she used it on were fighting over something trivial helps give validity to that theory.