The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah I also got teary eyed at the end of the episode. And there where seven songs in a 22 minutes episode witch was amazing and very good. I liked all the song's they played in this episode. Hope season 4 will be good. I liked how it turned out.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I had a feeling the writers would make me fall head over heels for Twilicorn.

Anyway, I CANNOT HOLD ALL THESE FEELS OF LIQUID PRIDE. The finale was just so amazing, I cannot begin to describe it. However, the only problem I found with it was that the first few minutes were really rushed. It was like, not even five minutes in and we already had two songs, and we were already in the whole, "oh no! I crushed my friend's destinies, poor me'" thing. The creators spent more time on the whole coronation than did on the events leading up to it. While I did like the coronation, I just wished we could have had a bit more depth added to the beginning of the episode, and little less songs, not that they weren't bad.

Also, is it just me, or did the very beginning song scream out, "DISNEY!"?

Looking forward to season 4!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, I just got caught up.  The only thing I did miss was the starting song and Twilight finding out everything that had gone wrong.

I will admit, it does feel rushed.  However, as I think back through this season, a good chunk of episodes were rushed as well.  The third season in of itself felt like it was originally planned to be longer.  One with multi-part episodes, much like the original 1980s MLP was.  Unfortunately, the writers had to make shortcuts for whatever reason here.

I wouldn't be surprised if the last episode was meant to be a multi-parter as well.  The songs helped in making sure that they got it done in the time limit they were given.

I am one who has a hard time crying, but I did feel like doing so with the Princess Twilight's speech near the end.  I'm not one who is ashamed to admit tears, unlike Shining. (Liquid Pride... right! :rolleyes: )

Oh, and the fans pointed out that Derpy reappears at long last near the end.  Yet, they tried REALLY hard to keep her hidden.  It was as if they were hiding her from the hypocritical parents that were against her.  So yeah, I think the writers might be trying to pull a "screw you" on them.  We'll have to see though.

Overall, it's good for what it is.  The songs are good and they did very well with the whole plot of the episode.  Definitely a satisfying one to end on.

Well, time to start waiting for the next season again.  Last one felt like FOREVER to come.  A part of me thinks that the delayed wait was due to the writers being forced to do 13 episodes, but who knows? :P:

Anyways, that's all for now and I'll see ya later! :wave

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Just finished watching it.  Didn't see Derpy.  It does feel rushed, like a story meant to be 2 parts and made in to a 1 parter instead.  Overall I did like it, though it did have way more songs then I think any episode before it had.  

The main 5 with wrong cutie marks could well be toys for Hasbro to come out with.  That would not surprise me.  

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
One of Derpy's appearances has her winking. Probably to the Bronies. "It's okay, I was just helping the Doctor fix his cutie mark"

Also, I always have to laugh when Twilight's parents show up for some kind of royal occasion. They have it MADE :lol

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
The images with the mane six split would make a great poster if someone decided to make it. Yeah it was rushed but it was a good rush. Hopefully they take there time with season four. I know they have 26 episodes to make but let's hope and see what happens.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
From EqD, here is the picture proof that Derpy appeared not once, but multiple times in the episode.

Oh, and BTW, she winked at the audience.

Let's hope this marks her inevitable return.  Also, that we get an explanation of WTF happened to her.

See ya later! :wave

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
That's awesome that she appeared in so many parts of the episode. Hasbro said well moms here is Derpy and if you don't like it to bad. Depy has changed me in so many ways. Has Derpy changed any of you guys?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Well that last episode kinda sucked.  Had a few good songs in it, but honestly I haven't liked ANY of the songs after season 1.  We didn't really get to see anything but Twilight's transformation.  Have no idea how bucked up this is gonna turn out.  Hopefully in the next few episodes of the next season they smooth this over somehow.  I can't imagine "Princess Twilight Sparkle." continuing to be the studious little unicorn that lives in the Ponyville library after this.  I just don't see how the series is going to continue the way it was before after this.  "Yeah, let's head on over to Twilight's" is not something I can see the other members of the mane 6 saying now.  Twilight was one of my favorite characters before.  But now I don't know.  "Princess Twilight Sparkle" just doesn't do it for me.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Having listened and watched the scene where Celestia sang; I didn't like that part.

Mainly because it was a basically an "astral powerpoint". I had expected something more.

Anyways, the reveal that Celestia had set Twilight up to be princess from the start gave me very bad feelings.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

PanickyPetrie14

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.furaffinity.net/user/dozyslumbers
Guys, do you know any fan-art of this particular part? It's just so beautiful, perhaps someone re-made it into his/her art style.

Also the song made me kinda cry :cry

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Wow!  I just found out that the Finale of Season 3 was the most viewed episode yet!  It even outperformed quite a few top contenders.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/02/hub-...viewership.html

Let's hope Season 4 does just as good, if not better. :)

See ya later! :wave

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I would guess the first few ones may since some may be curious if anything will change since Twilight is an alicorn now.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
And we're still fighting about complaining about the same issues once again. Wow can we ever drop the subject? Nah not really people here are gonna wine and complain over this long forgotten issue. What's done is done I can't believe you guys are still bickering and whining. I for one liked all the song's in the season 3 finale. They where good and I get them stuck in my head all the time. It didn't bug me since I knew from day one that is what was gonna happen anyhow. And I'm also curious about what season 4 is gonna bring to the table. I'm sure the writer's are gonna think of something.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You all want to know the WORST complaint some fans have of Season 3?  That there was no Rarity-centric episode.

Man, talk about being bias to the extreme! "WHAT!!111??? FAV NO C3NT3R!!!11?? D1S S3AS0N SUCKORZ!!11" So your favorite character didn't get to be the center of attention for an episode this season.  Big Deal!!

The way I look at it, only 13 episodes?  Someone was bound to get the shaft.  Shame it had to be Rarity, but I like to think they made up for it by giving her so much extra screentime to the point where she was practically the second centralized character in some episodes.  Yet, that doesn't seem to matter to these Rarity worshipers who are crying for blood.

Can't even reason with some people I guess. -_-

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Introducing the very first, fully-completed, fanmade episode of My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic.

Click the picture for the trailer.

Note that this story is meant to take place in Season 2, as that is when the project started.

So, what do you think?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Could be interesting.  I wonder if hasbro will shut it down or not.

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The guy got Hasbro's official permission to make it for his senior project, so that's very unlikely.