The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

How long have you written?

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
What I'm asking is how long was the longest story, novel, or whatever that you've ver written. My longest one had 13 word pages, which is to say about 6000 words, I wrote it in an afternoon, I had a case of the inspiration flu :D
I called it: "One day I'll fly Away" in Portuguese.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I suppose it does if he is mentioning his own stories Kacie.
The longest one I have written (but not finished so far) is titled "Old Threehorns". So far the English version of it has 242 pages.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The longest story I've written is Out of the Shadows, a Land Before Time fanfic. It's about 106,000 words long, but I don't know how many pages that is.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
If I ever write something that long (which I'm trying to) I'd try to get it published.

I suppose it does if he is mentioning his own stories Kacie.

My stories aren't fanfics, I've only written two in my whole life, one was in English - I think I showed it to you Malte - it was 4 pages long, the other in Portuguese but about Dragon Ball, and only one page long.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've only written fanfiction and I can tell you that I've written some great stuff. :^.^:

The longest I've done is a Pokemon fanfiction entitled "The Deadliest Tournament", which is R-rated for everything that is labeled as bad, save for actual sex.  So yeah with the violence, blood, gore, death, swearing, etc.  It is currently only at Chapter 6, but is 114 pages long, with each chapter having more than 50,000 charcters in them. (By this I mean letters, puncuation and such.)

Yeah, so that's a long one so far.  Here's hoping I can get it done eventually. :)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If I ever write something that long (which I'm trying to) I'd try to get it published.
It is a land before time story. As I don't have any rights of the characters I cannot get it published. I admit that there was a time when I was hoping to send it to universals to have elements of it possibly included in a future LBT movie. I have always stuck close to the land before time as we see it in the movies. However by now I cannot do that as LBT 10 (a movie which was less close to LBT as it was shown in previous movies) is in conflict with that story -_-
There is some violence in that story, but it does not exceed what we have seen in earlier land before time movies. The motives of some characters may be creepier, but based on a motivation we saw in several LBT movies.
I'm playing along with the thought of an own story but while I have a basic idea I don't suppose it can be realized or if it could I don't suppose there would be many readers for it.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
This is ages ago (before 2003) but any fan work I made was somewhere in the 20-30 page range on Microsoft Word with 12 point font.  The longest I did had 58,000 characters over 32 pages.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Yup, I understand what you're saying Malte. I also have a lot of ideas but they're very hard to build up something good, especially something 400 pages long. As for readers, there will always be some one interested in reading all sorts of subjects, the thing is you need to convince the publisher that it's profitable, I don't know about you but I'm not ready to sell my soul just yet   :D

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The problem with that own story idea I have in mind is, that it is so universal that it would be difficult to reduce the possibilities to one concrete plot. There are thoughts involved which wouldn't be popular among many people. It might go so far that people might misunderstand the book to be some kind of attempt to write an alternative story to Torah, Bible, Quran, and about every philosophical book of the last few thousand years at the same time, and even that would be but one side-story of that book.

Back to the topic, I think the credit for the longest land before time fanfiction goes to Jason. I'm not a hundred percents certain, but I think his "Battle of the Sacred Essences" is longer than any other LBT story I have come across so far. How long is it Jason?

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Up until my first fanfic ever(it's located under the Fanart/Fanfiction thread), I have always written my stories long-hand.  My longest story completely fills a five-subject college-rule notebook.  In addition, I write very finely, so the story would probably be equivalent to a minimally 200-page, single-spaced Word document.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The longest thing I ever write was around 120 pages about 20 years ago, and then threw the awful thing away.

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
The longest thing I've ever written is a 82 page (about 25,000 word) novel which is still in the works. Not sure how long it'll be by the time I'm finished.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hm. I seem to have story ADHD.  The longest I've written was 6-pages long...

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The longest story I ever wrote was an Ace Combat fanfic which I unfortunately lost when my computer was reformatted.  It was something like 80 pages.  Currently, the longest story I have is Beasts of the American West, which is somewhere between 30-36 pages and I am only on chapter four after two years.  I haven't worked on it in a while.  Also, I am trying to rewrite the Ace Combat fanfic mentioned above.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I'm trying to write my longest fanfiction in record: "Land Before Time 12: Warrior Flyers" story, but my word...not only do I think it's going to be the longest story I will ever write, but it's taking me awhile to write this thing. I was hoping I would finish it before the 12th sequel came out. I did, but then I didn't like what I saw, so I'm revising the darn thing.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
My longest story now is Scars, which is currently over 760 pages (and still not completed).

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I'm trying to finish Twilight Valley. It's on Chapter 14 and is 51,087 words (120 pages, size 9, Verdana).

Standard (size 12, Times New Roman) = 144 pages

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
I'm currently writing a fanfiction called "Farthing Wood: Times of Change", that is a sequel to a fanfiction I wrote which is my version of Farthing Wood: The Adventure Begins. It is currently on chapter 2 (three if you count the Prologue), but I've just uploaded chapters 1 and 2, so they may not be viewable yet.

But it is currently at 8,571 words and if you were to print it off in Times New Roman Font and Font Size 12, it is currently 14 pages. I'm trying to write it with four to ten pages per chapter. I'm typing it on normal word pad until I can get Microsoft Word.

I'm planning it to the be my longest fanfiction that I write; but I completely doubt it'll be published ever. I'm writing thirty-two chapters counting the prologue and epilogue.

And it is in two separate parts, part one is eighteen chapters and part two is fourteen chapters. I'm presuming that it will be around one hundred thirty-nine to one hundred-fifty pages when I am finished with the story.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
My longest one and the one with the most chapters and pages is probably my FanFiction : "A New Journey." It's nseventy-six pages if I can remember off the top of my head and I'm really not sure how nmany words it has, but it's probably a lot. :p