The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Animal Farm

812558 · 28 · 4077

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Now this is an interesting topic.  It was written in 1944 and published a year later just after the end of world war 2. George Orwell must have had some powerful insight to know so much about what happened in Soviet Russia to write a satire about it.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I LOVE this book as well as 1984. George Orwell was definitely a political genius in my opinion.

It was funny, I remember my freshman class either hating it or not understanding it and I finished the whole thing in two days! o.O

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I remember reading it long ago, but don't recall much.  I also saw the cartoon and the live action type version also.

One can see it as just an interesting story, or try to find messages within the book.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I watched the animated film version on youtube today and it's inspired me to read the book.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I watched the live action version yesterday, awesome film but very depressing, all in all....EPIC WIN.

Blitz

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I've read about it when I was in high school when I took Literature, and I saw the movie as well. It's a really good story to read. XD

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Since I just graduated less than a week ago, I can say with absolute certainty that this was in fact the only book that I was forced to read in school that was actually tolerable.  The last book I had to read for school was "Floating In My Mother's Palm."  *Shudders*  It was a God awful book.  I could only get halfway through it.  I just winged it on the test and passed with a C-.  Pretty good considering I hadn't even read the end half of the book. :p