The Land Before Time > Episode Discussion

Discuss: Escape from the Mysterious Beyond

(1/5) > >>

Noname:
What did you think? I thought it was okay, especially the part on that isolated cliff. I wonder if the characters ever tell their families about being chased by Redclaw. This marks the third time it has happened in nine episodes. Spike doesn't really talk, and it isn't a problem for Chomper and Ruby, who don't live with their parents, but for the others...

Littlefoot Fan:
I really liked this episode mainly because of the part where Chomper and Ducky were isolated on the cliff with the "stuck" raptor (aahh god, can't remember his name :slap). I liked how Chomper tried to act all brave and said he wouldn't let him hurt Ducky, even though he obviously couldn't do anything if the raptor got loose.

I felt kind of bad for the raptor towards the end, but I still think Chomper was an idiot for letting him loose. It was obvious he was gonna come back with a vengence.

I also found it funny how there was a convenient tree right at the edge of the cliff, that just perfectly reached the small piece of land. I mean, I know they had to make some way for the gang to save them, but come on. Be a *little* more original :rolleyes:

But overall, it was a good episode. We got to see a closer relationship between Chomper and Ducky and I liked that :p

pokeplayer984:
IMO, Red Claw seems to be more of a villian than most of the sharpteeth we've seen in LBT.  I mean, he had his raptor minions, now revealed to be Screech and Thug, go after the gang when he couldn't get across the narrow ledge.  I don't think you would expect that from a normal sharptooth.

I noticed how in this episode that they translated the sharptooth language again.  It seems that Chomper is the only sharptooth that makes friends with leafeaters.  I really liked this one.

The songs were okay and all, but I think they could've been better.  In all truth, I'm not seeing much in song material for the TV series.  Hopefully, they won't "ruin" the more meaniful ones.  Those just mean too much to be ruined.

Well, time to get to those songs.  They should be ready by tomorrow. :)

Ratiasu:
I like the episode, and it's nice that they gave an antagonist a bit of personality other than RAWR, I'MA GUNNA EAT YOU. Gee, they sure like to sing that Adventuring song, don't they? Well, it was great that it focused on the relationship between Chomper and Ducky. I still wish Chomper made actual growls and barks instead of human imitations, but oh well.

...I still think the predator subtitles were unnecessary. You pretty much knew what Thug was thinking even without the subtitles, and all in all, the subtitles annoyed me a bit because I felt that they weren't needed - you could tell Chomper was being protective of Ducky and that he didn't tell her what Thug really said, so...

DarkHououmon:
I think that freeing Thug is what saved the group in the end. They were cornered, with Redclaw and Screech just right outside. Then along comes Thug. He knows they are there, but instead, he seems to deliberately mislead Redclaw and Screech and they head away. I think Thug was returning the favor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version