The Land Before Time > 1988 Theatrical Release

Changes you would have made to the film

(1/12) > >>

Dalekdino:
After seeing a changes you would have made to the squeals topic, I thought I'd do a topic asking what sort of small or drastic changes you would like to have made to the first film, if you had been the big cheese of making the film.

Here's the small changes I would have made.
I would have maybe slightly toned down Cera attitude a wee bit (been a fan of Cera would like to make her a bit more likeable), had a scene were Cera apologises to Littlefoot for the erm... Mum insult... And say she didn't really mean it.
Also show that Cera's mum and sisters are alive and well.
Would have kept to the whole Littlefoot finding the great valley before he goes back and saves the others, instead of moving it to after they got rid of Sharptooth.
I'd have had Littlefoot refer to his mum as "mom" or "mama", I always found it way too formal for him to refer to her as mother, when Ducky and Petrie refer to their mum's as mama, and Cera refer's her dad as daddy.
I would also have altered some of the scenes I find a bit awkward.. But I'd rather not say which scenes though.

That's all I can think of now, I come up with more soon.

Ducky123:
The only thing that bugs me off sometimes is the editing that has been made :x I basically agree that the points you mentioned could have been added but I wouldn't consider them necessary :)

Dalekdino:
Another change I would have made is to the title of the film in the opening.
What bugs me about the title in the opening is that it's just plan bold white text, and look really boring.

I would have had the title in the opening look more like it dose on the poster and VHS and DVD cover.

I would also have made a little change to the scene were Littlefoot and Ducky first meet Petrie. Instead of having Littlefoot yelling like a maniac ( and gives us a lovely view down his gob) I would just have him do a quick "Argh!" and back away, before sending Petrie flying through the air and crash into the ground.
Seriously that bit freaked me out as a kid....

Speaking of Petrie, I would have made a scene showing his hatching at the start of the film.

OllyDirectioner:
I would definitely have made the film longer. There's apparently a lost scene where Littlefoot sneaks off and finds the Great Valley, and he urges the rest on, and accidentally leads them to the cliff above the wasteland where Cera says "This is your Great Valley?" I really wish they would have made it longer. It's way too short a movie. Also, Don Bluth himself wasn't even happy with the final cut of the film.

Dalekdino:

--- Quote from: OllyDirectioner,Feb 27 2014 on  05:44 AM --- I would definitely have made the film longer. There's apparently a lost scene where Littlefoot sneaks off and finds the Great Valley, and he urges the rest on, and accidentally leads them to the cliff above the wasteland where Cera says "This is your Great Valley?" I really wish they would have made it longer. It's way too short a movie. Also, Don Bluth himself wasn't even happy with the final cut of the film.
--- End quote ---
Oh yes that's something I would have done too, make the film longer. I mean they cut soo much out that if you don't count the credits the film is only about an hour long.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version