The Land Before Time > 1988 Theatrical Release

Changes you would have made to the film

<< < (12/12)

LittleDas75:
I would add a scene where Cera apologizes to Littlefoot for being an absolute jerk towards him.

Gentle Sharptooth:

--- Quote from: Dalekdino on February 26, 2014, 11:09:17 AM ---Another change I would have made is to the title of the film in the opening.
What bugs me about the title in the opening is that it's just plan bold white text, and look really boring.

I would have had the title in the opening look more like it dose on the poster and VHS and DVD cover.

I would also have made a little change to the scene were Littlefoot and Ducky first meet Petrie. Instead of having Littlefoot yelling like a maniac ( and gives us a lovely view down his gob) I would just have him do a quick "Argh!" and back away, before sending Petrie flying through the air and crash into the ground.
Seriously that bit freaked me out as a kid....

Speaking of Petrie, I would have made a scene showing his hatching at the start of the film.

--- End quote ---

I agree, the title in film should match the posters.

00not_nathan00:
I would have leaned more into the 7 deadly sins. Because Cera and Spike both portray at least 1 of the traits Spike is Gluttony and Cera being Pride. Maybe if Littlefoot could have been Lust you know longing to see if mother one more time and not really understanding why she had to go. Maybe Petrie could have been Envy of all the other Flyers who can fly but wondering why he can't. What if Ducky could have been maybe Sloth in that scene where she meets Littlefoot. You know not wanting to go with him to the great valley stuck wondering where her family is that sort of thing. Because that I think could have been interesting seeing how all these other dinosaurs are portrayed or portray themselves in the movie.         

Gentle Sharptooth:

--- Quote from: credence007 on May 28, 2021, 02:43:22 AM ---Would definitely have kept in the part where Littlefoot finds the Great Valley, kept in certain parts of the Sharptooth scene (Littlefoot’s Mother shown graphically getting bitten would have been cool) rearrange the scenes in the correct order. They also should have kept in the Oasis part with the 2 dinosaur herds who won’t share because they are prejudiced against one another, which definitely would have been nice to further enhance the message of anti-racism.

I’ve also heard rumors (although they are unconfirmed) about what happens when Spike first joins the herd. Supposedly Cera gets so upset that she wanders off (that’s why you see her in the background in that particular scene of the movie) but she supposedly ends up in a dark and creepy forest, where she sees Sharptooth, but is fortunate enough to escape his glance, as he is busy eating and finishing off a dying dinosaur. Cera hides inside the bones of a dead triceratops so she isn’t seen, but slips away while he’s not looking. That’s when she returns back before they see the large grove of trees that get devoured by the herd of diplodocus. Like I said, this particular scene is just a rumor and not completely confirmed.

--- End quote ---

Seeing Sharptooth actually eat would have added to his terror.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version