Beyond the Mysterious Beyond > The Party Room

Synonymous Quote Game

(1/43) > >>

action9000:
LBT Quote Game too easy?
I thought of an idea for a variation of the LBT Quote Game for all the Quote Veterans out there! The idea is simple:

On the player's turn, he/she writes a quote or part of a quote from an LBT movie, in an Alternate Form.  The words used in the clue must have the same meanings as the words used in the original quote.  the respondant must give the answer with the original quote (preferrably exactly accurate to the original, but it is up to the choice of the questioneer how close it must be), the film it's in, and who spoke the line.  Preferrably, give the scene where the quote occurs as well.

For example:

A variety of objects are to be observed with your optic receptors, whereas other amenities are meant to be spotted by your vascular organ.

The answer to this clue is:
"Some things you see with your eyes.  Others, you see with your heart." Spoken by Littlefoot's mother in LBT 1.

Another example:
Affirmative.  Not possible.  Perhaps.

The answer is
"Yes. No. Maybe"  
from LBT 8, spoken by Cera, Littlefoot, and Petrie, when they are about to leave the Great valley to find Ducky.

As you can see, it requires some thinking on the part of the question writer. :P:
See how this one works?  What do you think of this game?  I'll start:

--- Quote ---Spike was able to locate it!
--- End quote ---

Malte279:

--- Quote ---vascular organ
--- End quote ---
:lol Littlefoot already said "I don't understand" the way his mother said it. I can imagine the blank look if she had said it the way you put it. "Come again?"

--- Quote ---Spike was able to locate it!
--- End quote ---
"Spike finded it!"?
Ducky says this in LBT 5 when he spotted the island.

action9000:
Perfect! :D

Your turn, Malte. B)

Malte279:
Myself has been rendered incapable of altering by too much progress in terms of time.

action9000:
"I am small."?
Spoken by Littlefoot in LBT 11, after his Grandpa helps him get over the little cliff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version