The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Regarding ANY LBT 14 Topics

Petrie. · 468 · 71706

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
^I agree
I wonder when and if a trailer will be released? I'm speculating between June to August. Maybe September or October at the latest
Life Is Good

AllegroGiocoso

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: chomperrules1993,May 15 2015 on  02:07 PM
^I agree
I wonder when and if a trailer will be released? I'm speculating between June to August. Maybe September or October at the latest
Yeah, I'm guessing in that range too. If the trailer is ready by then, I imagine it would be on the Curious George III: Back to the Jungle disc since it is also a direct-to-video film from Universal Animation Studios. That movie's release date is June 23.

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
https://mobile.twitter.com/anndimcafee
Interesting tweet from Anddi McAfee in which she replied to someone's tweet on his/her love of McAfee as Cera...... Check it out  :)
Don't really understand what she's saying though  :lol
Life Is Good

AllegroGiocoso

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: chomperrules1993,May 16 2015 on  06:19 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/anndimcafee
Interesting tweet from Anddi McAfee in which she replied to someone's tweet on his/her love of McAfee as Cera...... Check it out :)
Don't really understand what she's saying though :lol
Great find! With the acronyms rephrased into words, I think she's saying

"Aw thanks! Voice over artists sign non-disclosure agreements and can say nothing about projects until the studio decides so......"

Seems like she's confirming what we've been thinking before.  Looks like we'll just have to wait until Universal announces. ;)

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
^Gonna be a long wait though  :lol
Life Is Good

Pinky997

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,May 14 2015 on  09:44 PM
I'm just going to say this.  To me, Anndi McAfee IS Crea!  There's just no one else I can see doing the role these days.  You can get the greatest voice actor ever, and I would STILL choose Anndi McAfee over the great voice actor.  It's also the same with Aria as Ducky.

Disagree about that all you want!  I'll support the role they have until the end.
I agree! I love Cera and she just isn't the same without Anndi Mcafee voicing her.. In movies 1-4, Cera sounded like too much of a brat. Now she sounds more tough, proud, and a bit stuck up, which is more like her character that I love haha

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pinky997,May 17 2015 on  01:48 AM
I'm just going to say this.  To me, Anndi McAfee IS Crea!  There's just no one else I can see doing the role these days.  You can get the greatest voice actor ever, and I would STILL choose Anndi McAfee over the great voice actor.  It's also the same with Aria as Ducky.

Disagree about that all you want!  I'll support the role they have until the end.
I agree! I love Cera and she just isn't the same without Anndi Mcafee voicing her.. In movies 1-4, Cera sounded like too much of a brat. Now she sounds more tough, proud, and a bit stuck up, which is more like her character that I love haha
I also agree with you two.  After learning even more about Anndi, she seems to be more bada** like Cera...can't imagine a "soft" female portraying Cera😊.

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Lots of new, cool information! Thank you!
8 years with TGOF :yum

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: bestariana1girl,May 18 2015 on  09:50 AM
Lots of new, cool information! Thank you!
Your welcome  :)

Glad I could be of assistance  :lol
Life Is Good

AllegroGiocoso

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Though this is likely still speculation, this Wikipedia page says that Jim Cummings is voicing Grandpa Longneck.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Land_Before_Time_(series)

I would still suggest being careful with Wikipedia however-once I saw someone claim that Linda Gary was playing Grandma Longneck in Journey of the Heart on there, so...

However, I also found another page on Retrojunk saying that Jim Cummings would be playing Grandpa. Though this page is at least a couple years old, Grandpa Longneck was the last role on Jim Cummings' long role list, so maybe this page was edited since it was originally posted.

https://www.retrojunk.com/article/show/4015...d-our-childhood

If this turns out to be true, I'd be very happy! For one, Grandpa would still be in, and two, Jim Cummings has certainly had a versatile career, and I think he did a nice job with Kenneth Mars' Triton too. I'm also impressed with his ability to mimic other voice actors, like when he substituted for Jeremy Irons in The Lion King's "Be Prepared".  :)

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Yeah I've known about the claim on Wikipedia for some time now. But we all know how unreliable Wikipedia can be sometimes
I however have no idea as to the reliability of retrojunk though......

But I am fairly confident that Jim Cummings is the new voice for Grandpa Longneck but until it's confirmed it's all speculation  :exactly
Life Is Good

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,May 17 2015 on  05:02 PM
Quote from: Pinky997,May 17 2015 on  01:48 AM
I'm just going to say this. To me, Anndi McAfee IS Crea! There's just no one else I can see doing the role these days. You can get the greatest voice actor ever, and I would STILL choose Anndi McAfee over the great voice actor. It's also the same with Aria as Ducky.

Disagree about that all you want! I'll support the role they have until the end.
I also agree with you two.  After learning even more about Anndi, she seems to be more bada** like Cera...can't imagine a "soft" female portraying Cera😊.
Yup.  Totally agree.  I don't understand where all the hate is coming from with Anndi's voice.  I think it's great.

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
This isn't much but LBT X and others were aired on Teletoon Retro yesterday in a marathon. Is this a coincedence, or are they secretly celebrating the coming release of the new movie? This is the first time I seen any of the movies on TV in YEARS. At least 4 years.

Edit: Here is the link.
Scroll down, it's near the bottom.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Hypnobrai,May 19 2015 on  01:13 PM
This isn't much but LBT X and others were aired on Teletoon Retro yesterday in a marathon. Is this a coincedence, or are they secretly celebrating the coming release of the new movie? This is the first time I seen any of the movies on TV in YEARS. At least 4 years.

Interesting information  :)
Life Is Good

AllegroGiocoso

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Hypnobrai,May 19 2015 on  01:13 PM

Wow, that's cool! Hopefully the marathon might have made some new fans! :D

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4431254/

Though not official but IMDB has listed Jim Cummings has the new voice for Grandpa Longneck...... Remember it's not official but I'd thought I would post this anyways
Life Is Good

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
He played Sierra in LBT 7, right? Sounds cool :)
Inactive, probably forever.

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,May 21 2015 on  06:29 AM
He played Sierra in LBT 7, right? Sounds cool :)
Yeah he did
Life Is Good