The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Journey of the Brave (LBT 14)

Mumbling · 763 · 113103

Parker

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Eh, I was fine with the ending. It felt like a fitting place to wrap up the movie. What else could they have shown, anyway? Saving Bron was the story's climax, and there weren't any loose ends left to explore afterwards. Not any that I remember, at least. Besides that, all the characters who actually mattered in the movie were already gathered in one place at the end, making the need to see them return to the Great Valley even less important.

Oddly enough, the fleshed-out opening was probably my least favorite part of the movie - at least the scenes with the narration. It went on and on, and all I could do was shout in my head, "Show don't tell! Show don't tell! Show don't tell!" It was too much, even when taking the intended audience's age into account.

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Oddly enough, the fleshed-out opening was probably my least favorite part of the movie - at least the scenes with the narration. It went on and on, and all I could do was shout in my head, "Show don't tell! Show don't tell! Show don't tell!" It was too much, even when taking the intended audience's age into account.

Well, they were probably just trying to inform people who hadn't seen ALL the previous movies-- which probably make up a sizeable proportion of the audience. If someone hadn't seen film ten before they'd be confused as to why Littlefoot suddenly has a father in this film when he didn't in any of the others they might have seen. Plus there were probably a bunch of young kids for whom this will be their first Land Before Time movie, and that information did need to be shared.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well just finished watching it on Amazon. Eh, it was alright better than the 13th one.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
The movie was out 4 days ago and I only now learned about that from a DeviantArt post... Not that it matters since there doesn't seem to be a way to watch it if you reside outside the US. :(petrie

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I had gotten my copy in the mail at last.  I will point out one thing I am disappointed with.  The DVD has only one option for audio and subtitles.  This being English.  It is a crying shame they are neglecting the Spanish speaking customers of the US.  Some to this day have difficulty adjusting to English and give up.  They are neglecting quite the fanbase for this.  It is quite sad in the end.

Anyways, I will soon have a solution for those who can't see the movie yet.  Please be patient.

Hardback247

• Member+
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
Someone pointed out that when the Universal logo zooms in on the Earth, the continents are in their current form and not like Pangaea, as they probably should be.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
If you live outside the US or are unable to see the movie, please let me know and I'll send you a PM with a link to it.  I've already sent it to a number of you, but I am unsure whom out there is left.

Thank you and I'll see ya later!

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
You rock, pokeplayer984! :D And I promise to buy this movie when it finds its way to Mother Russia. :lol

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Feb 6 2016 on  09:27 AM
I had gotten my copy in the mail at last.  I will point out one thing I am disappointed with.  The DVD has only one option for audio and subtitles.  This being English.  It is a crying shame they are neglecting the Spanish speaking customers of the US.  Some to this day have difficulty adjusting to English and give up.  They are neglecting quite the fanbase for this.  It is quite sad in the end.

Anyways, I will soon have a solution for those who can't see the movie yet.  Please be patient.
If you live int he U.S., you should speak English. End of discussion.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Feb 6 2016 on  03:20 PM
I had gotten my copy in the mail at last.  I will point out one thing I am disappointed with.  The DVD has only one option for audio and subtitles.  This being English.  It is a crying shame they are neglecting the Spanish speaking customers of the US.  Some to this day have difficulty adjusting to English and give up.  They are neglecting quite the fanbase for this.  It is quite sad in the end.

Anyways, I will soon have a solution for those who can't see the movie yet.  Please be patient.
Actually Weirdraptor, the US does not have an official language, nor an official religion. " this " speak English!' requirement flies against our country's founding upon respect for people whatever their personal religious beliefs or native language. Martin Van Buren, our 8th president, was not a native English speaker, he spoke Dutch and was of Dutch heritage. john F Kennedy had to deal with lots of anti-Catholic sentiment before his election, and remains the only Catholic to be elected president. We have people in this country from just about every nation on Earth, and hundreds of different languages. and we should not force people, as was done with the native peoples, to learn English in place of their native tongue. Being bilingual is great.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Feb 7 2016 on  12:20 AM
Well that came out of nowhere... Off-topic much? :DD Plus I have to add that some people use movies and cartoons to practice their listening skills in a language they're learning and to expand their vocabulary. It's not just about immigrants and such. Personally I never buy DVDs that don't at least have Russian, English and Spanish dubs included.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Feb 6 2016 on  02:20 PM
I completely agree.  Expecting everyone else in the country to adapt to whatever language a foreigner speaks is disrespectful and a waste of resources.  When American's travel abroad, a lot of them expect foreigners to speak English, and that's disrespectful too.  If you want to visit a country and CERTAINLY if you expect to live in a country, you need to adapt to the local customs and at least try to speak as much of the native language as you can.  English may not be the native language, but the VAST majority of the country speaks it, and that's the language you'll find on advertisements and signs throughout the country.  Besides, every other immigrant including the French, German, Italian, etc. have learned English.  It's not unreasonable to expect current and future immigrants to do so as well.

SuperGameWarrior101

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Feb 6 2016 on  04:20 PM
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Feb 6 2016 on  02:20 PM
I completely agree.  Expecting everyone else in the country to adapt to whatever language a foreigner speaks is disrespectful and a waste of resources.  When American's travel abroad, a lot of them expect foreigners to speak English, and that's disrespectful too.  If you want to visit a country and CERTAINLY if you expect to live in a country, you need to adapt to the local customs and at least try to speak as much of the native language as you can.  English may not be the native language, but the VAST majority of the country speaks it, and that's the language you'll find on advertisements and signs throughout the country.  Besides, every other immigrant including the French, German, Italian, etc. have learned English.  It's not unreasonable to expect current and future immigrants to do so as well.
Is there any chance that the movie will get released here in Australia?

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Feb 6 2016 on  03:20 PM
I had gotten my copy in the mail at last.  I will point out one thing I am disappointed with.  The DVD has only one option for audio and subtitles.  This being English.  It is a crying shame they are neglecting the Spanish speaking customers of the US.  Some to this day have difficulty adjusting to English and give up.  They are neglecting quite the fanbase for this.  It is quite sad in the end.

Anyways, I will soon have a solution for those who can't see the movie yet.  Please be patient.
Well, that's very rude and uncalled for. Sure, you have to learn English if you're immigrating to the U.S., but what if people are just more comfortable with speaking Spanish than English? Hence the necessity for the option of Spanish audio and/or subtitles.

DaviSantos

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Hello guys, does anyone know if this movie will, one day or even one year, be released in other countries?? I live in Brazil and I really want to watch this movie!!!! I already tried to buy it on Amazon, but it's not possible if you don't live in the US, the sme with Google play. I don't know what to do, I'm not sure if it will release here...

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Quote from: SuperGameWarrior101,Feb 6 2016 on  03:21 PM
Is there any chance that the movie will get released here in Australia?
I'm sorry to say that if Universal hasn't decided to release it in your country, your only option is to pirate it.  It's absolutely ridiculous that movie studios release a movie to some countries and not to others because they want to charge different prices to everyone.  It's like we're still stuck in the 1990's.  The world has moved on and if they don't move with it, they're going to lose a LOT of money.  I haven't pirated the movie (I watched it on Netflix then I bought it), but I'm sure you'll be able to find it somewhere.

EDIT:  I just looked around for it on torrent sites, but it's not available anywhere.  I'm sorry but I won't upload this movie.  I pirate a LOT of stuff, but I don't want it to hurt Universal.  You're just going to have to wait until either they release it in your country or someone else uploads a torrent.  I don't know if Netflix will allow you to get it in your country (my guess is no), but it's available on Netflix here in the U.S.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hello guys, does anyone know if this movie will, one day or even one year, be released in other countries?? I live in Brazil and I really want to watch this movie!!!! I already tried to buy it on Amazon, but it's not possible if you don't live in the US, the sme with Google play. I don't know what to do, I'm not sure if it will release here...

There are people re-selling the film on Ebay, if you want to give that a try.  You would just need to have a region-free DVD player.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
I bought a copy of the movie on eBay just the other day; it was disappointing when I couldn't buy it in Walmart.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Quote from: LoyfeCycleProtector,Feb 6 2016 on  06:07 PM
Does anyone know how it's doing sales wise?
Not really sure. Sales just began four days ago, so I don't know if measures are in just yet.