The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

jassy’s Fanart

jassy · 359 · 44660

jassy

• certified member of the spike fanclub :)
  • Member+
  • Spike
  • your local procrastinating fanartist!
    • View Profile
Baryonyx was my first guess, always stick to a first guess! :)
You do this all via Apple?! That is incredible.

Do you take requests?

Thank you! It definitely took me a long time to learn  :OhYou

and not at the current moment, but I most likely will open them up sometime in the near future.

Mmm...great art again jassy. Comparing your first drawing with your second one, I see noticeable improvements such as smoother lines and an overall cleaner appearance. As Flathead770 already stated, the eye does look more intense, more vicious in nature. Although, there are some aspects I prefer on the older picture over the newer one. For one, the shading on the former makes Mila appear more muscular, therefore much more appealing to me. The feathers are overall cooler to me as well, although that may be just a matter of color preference. Others have expressed that the background in the first picture is better, and I agree to a certain extent. While I think the second background by itself was drawn and shaded in finer, the first one just complements the palette of the dinosaur greatly.

You only started on Misty last night!? Dang, I wonder how you do this. :olittlefoot
It's still far from the caliber of two previous drawings, but it's a great work in progress.

Overall, awesome job! :chompysmile

Thank you very much ImpracticalDino! I think the general consensus is that the older  background goes good with her color scheme.

and thanks! that’s a secret  : :PAli

Great job with both drawings, Jassy. It's always nice to see art about your story and you certainly are able to give the characters more feeling. Keep it up! :)littlefoot

Thanks Sovereign! Nice to hear your feedback as always if only I could continue writing it  :PCera

Since I’m stuck in quarantine, all I’ve had time to do is draw, which isn’t really a bad thing since I’m able to finish by pieces in even less time now. Here’s a Mo  :Mo

« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 09:05:24 PM by jassy »
"Don't you ever wonder what's out there?"  :rainbowThinking

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Stop right now. I’m sick of all of this. :anger

...my heart can’t take all of this dude. <3 <3 <3

You’re tugging at my heart strings and my soul with this Mo drawing.

So...I presume that your next drawing is tomorrow as well? :lol :Mo

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
Oops-Eeeps. There have been so many topics lately that I completely missed your earlier drawing. Anyway, Misty looks quite great and the neat blue background articulates her rather beautifully. The detail in her eyes is once more top notch quality, although the shape of her snout is a bit weird in form. I'm not much of a drawer, but the best advice I can give is not the make it excessively steep. I hope my counsel was sound to you. It is still an impressive picture. :)

Now, the second drawing is very astounding work. The marine background works well here in displaying the ever so playful swimmer in his natural habitat. Unfortunately (or fortunately in this case, however you like it) I don't have any constructive criticisms to offer this time. Wonderful job with Mo. :Mo

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
That Mo art of yours is enough to melt this Sharptoorh’s heart..

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Lovely pic of Mo. :Mo

Offtopic, I like how Mo is almost always drawn in the same pose and same undersea aquatic background based on most pics I see. It really amplifies his colorful body and juxtaposes his body with the surroundings. Colors are great, and I like the jellyfish.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile

Offtopic, I like how Mo is almost always drawn in the same pose and same undersea aquatic background based on most pics I see. It really amplifies his colorful body and juxtaposes his body with the surroundings. Colors are great, and I like the jellyfish.

Now that you mention it, this drawing and many others I’ve seen on Google Images have many uncanny similarities to each other. While they’re all so lovely and majestic to gaze my eyes upon, I can’t help but be slightly bummed by the lack of variety and originality. No, it doesn’t take away my love for this drawing in the slightest if you’re wondering.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Looks great Jassy! I really like the Mo drawing!  :Mo

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

Now that you mention it, this drawing and many others I’ve seen on Google Images have many uncanny similarities to each other. While they’re all so lovely and majestic to gaze my eyes upon, I can’t help but be slightly bummed by the lack of variety and originality. No, it doesn’t take away my love for this drawing in the slightest if you’re wondering.

We need more Mud Brothers and Mo-abites to make more Mo Art then. :)  :Mo

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks for all the kind words everyone! Glad you all liked the Mo  :Mo

yesterday I found some notes I did for an OC I made back when I first started writing LBT stories, and decided I’d try and draw her. She was supposed to be Chomper’s love interest (although maybe not anymore, who knows), but I for the life of me cannot remember what I named her a few years ago, so suggestions are very much welcome  :PCera

« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 09:05:50 PM by jassy »

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Chomplene? Chompette? Spin(e)della? :)

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This looks very similar to what I once saw in DeviantArt, although I think by a different artist. LBT artists seem to draw inspiration from each other. Moving on to the topic, the drawing looks quite elegant which reflects your style that is by now quite familiar. The grey coloration goes rather well with the background, while the posture is mostly reminiscent of your other drawings. You could make the picture look a bit more spontaneous and pretentious with different patterns and character poses. But whatever works best for you. Once again, the best constructive feedback I can offer is that the snout is perhaps a tad bit steep once more, and in a way, makes the picture look a bit unusual. Since that seems to be your preferred style, I wouldn't want to incriminate you based on that. Great drawing, jassy. :)

Also, are we back to daily updates on your drawings? :p

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Nothing much to say, really like your artstyle and lighting. The light blue background juxtaposes nicely with the gray. I guess one small thing is that while blurred backgrounds is your preferred style, the sharptooth stepping on a blurred rock kinda breaks immersion a little? Maybe if the rock wasn't blurred it would give a sense of depth to the image? But nice work nevertheless, I think Chomper would be very happy.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
This looks very similar to what I once saw in DeviantArt, although I think by a different artist. LBT artists seem to draw inspiration from each other. Moving on to the topic, the drawing looks quite elegant which reflects your style that is by now quite familiar. The grey coloration goes rather well with the background, while the posture is mostly reminiscent of your other drawings. You could make the picture look a bit more spontaneous and pretentious with different patterns and character poses. But whatever works best for you. Once again, the best constructive feedback I can offer is that the snout is perhaps a tad bit steep once more, and in a way, makes the picture look a bit unusual. Since that seems to be your preferred style, I wouldn't want to incriminate you based on that. Great drawing, jassy. :)

thanks Anagnos!  :smile Yeah, I agree that I definitely need to try different poses but dinos aren’t always the easiest to draw for me, so I tend to stick to one pose.

Of course! For now, at least  :OhYou

Nothing much to say, really like your artstyle and lighting. The light blue background juxtaposes nicely with the gray. I guess one small thing is that while blurred backgrounds is your preferred style, the sharptooth stepping on a blurred rock kinda breaks immersion a little? Maybe if the rock wasn't blurred it would give a sense of depth to the image? But nice work nevertheless, I think Chomper would be very happy.

Thank you Owls  :)littlefoot appreciate the advice! I just really love my washed out watercolor backgrounds, but I’ll try and work on that  :^^spike

Haha, the last one is definitely fitting. thanks for the suggestions!

Still keeping up with my usual pace of drawing so far. Hopefully it stays that way Here’s a Nimble I started yesterday and just finished. For some reason I never draw her being happy, wonder what’s up with that  :PCera her leg didn’t turn out quite the way I wanted, but oh well. Hope you guys like it!

Edit: fixed the leg up a bit  :bestsharptooth

« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 09:06:17 PM by jassy »

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

thanks Anagnos!  :smile Yeah, I agree that I definitely need to try different poses but dinos aren’t always the easiest to draw for me, so I tend to stick to one pose.

Thank you Owls  :)littlefoot appreciate the advice! I just really love my washed out watercolor backgrounds, but I’ll try and work on that  :^^spike

Still keeping up with my usual pace of drawing so far. Hopefully it stays that way Here’s a Nimble I started yesterday and just finished. For some reason I never draw her being happy, wonder what’s up with that  :PCera her leg didn’t turn out quite the way I wanted, but oh well. Hope you guys like it!

Feel free to take Spinedella. Inspired by Cinderella.

That Fast Biter looks sad! *Sharptooth Air Hug*
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 02:44:56 PM by Gentle Sharptooth »

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
SHE LOOKS SO CUTE!!!
Cute Sharpteeth are in fashion. :D

Though her leg looks very disporoportional.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
SHE LOOKS SO CUTE!!!

I think Sneak is in love.  :bestsharptooth

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile

Feel free to take Spinedella. Inspired by Cinderella.

That Fast Biter looks sad! *Sharptooth Air Hug*

Haha, she’s definitely been through some stuff  :PCera

SHE LOOKS SO CUTE!!!

Thank you Sneak! Yeah, I’m not too happy with how her leg turned out, I’ll probably try and fix it later.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Bigger heads is normal, stay tuned to see my new Carnotaur avvie. :lol

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yay, more of Nimble the unfortunate sharptooth! :Mo I'm glad to see more of her, although it is sad to see her still so down. Perhaps in the future you might grace her with at least one chance at happiness? :)

The only real critique I can give is about her leg; it looks very disproportionately out of place. By cutting the top of the leg out of the frame, it could give it a more natural outlook. If you look at the series illustration, you notice that there is a slight curve around the frame around the flank that results in the detailed appearance.