The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

jassy’s Fanart

jassy · 359 · 44706

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
Ahhh, I finally managed to draw something worth posting!! This is my shot at redesigning my rainbow face OCs. It took me two days of boood, sweat and tears, but I think it was worth it. Since the actual picture is too big to post on here and I need to sleep, I’ll just link it for now and try re-uploading an appropriately sized version in the morning because I’m tired.  :p 

https://i.imgur.com/vNzIzsJ.jpg

Ooh, I like!  :Mo  Not enough people draw Rainbow Faces! I love how you draw eyes, you really put some light in them! Nice to see someone else's Fast Biter OC, too. I look forward to seeing the "happy Nimble" picture.  :smile

"I don't see anything!"--Cera

"Maybe your eyes are getting in the way."--Rainbow Face

jassy

• certified member of the spike fanclub :)
  • Member+
  • Spike
  • your local procrastinating fanartist!
    • View Profile
I see you dug pretty deep into the thread  :PCera Thank you very much! Although I’m not really that proud of this picture anymore since my art style has developed a lot since then, but the kind words are much appreciated  :DD
"Don't you ever wonder what's out there?"  :rainbowThinking

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
And as promised, here’s a happy (albeit much younger) Nimble getting ready to go on a nighttime hunt with her sisters! Her sisters have no real plot relevancy in the story, but I did want to draw them at least once. This was back before she developed all that repressed trauma  :bestsharptooth

I’m also trying out a bit of a new art style with cleaner lines. It might take me a bit longer so there’s a chance I may not be able to post on an everyday basis anymore, but the quality of my art should increase which is all that matters  :DD

« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 04:41:45 PM by jassy »

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Nimble has a lot of suitors! I guess Chomper has competition. :lol

Great work again Jazzy. I like seeing multiple Deinonychuses at once.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile

Um... I believe jassy explicitly said that those are Nimble's sisters. We don't need LBT to have incest, now do we? :wow Anyway, love the picture. I can see this new art style will be quite good already. :)

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
But the skin tone is different, with Nimble being bright grey and the others dark grey. Often in Dinosaur cartoons, males and females have different colors or skin tones.

Exhibit A:

« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 01:22:07 PM by Gentle Sharptooth »

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile

Um... I believe jassy explicitly said that those are Nimble's sisters. We don't need LBT to have incest, now do we? :wow Anyway, love the picture. I can see this new art style will be quite good already. :)

haha yes, no incest please  :opetrie  thank you both! Glad you guys like the new style  :chompysmile

But the skin tone is different, with Nimble being bright grey and the others dark grey. Often in Dinosaur cartoons, males and females have different colors or skin tones.

Exhibit A:

I see your point, but they definitely are her sisters. Nimble’s the lightest because she’s the youngest out of them and she’s designed to look just like her father, who’s also a light gray. Honestly I just choose their colors based on what feels right, there’s not much else to it  :PCera

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Okay, so I guess I can still keep up with my usual pace of a drawing per day  :PAli here’s today’s, featuring Blue and Nimble! I’ve been meaning to draw them together, and this was the result. I think they make quite the pair  :PCera I had a lot of fun with this one!

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Okay, so I guess I can still keep up with my usual pace of a drawing per day  :PAli here’s today’s, featuring Blue and Nimble! I’ve been meaning to draw them together, and this was the result. I think they make quite the pair  :PCera I had a lot of fun with this one!

[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l6GGu55CjZA[/youtube]

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Haha, I mean yeah, basically  :PCera

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm all for taking more time for better quality art, and I think it shows with these ones. I really like the one of Nimble and her sisters!

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
That or Nimble is merely scratching Blue’s back. :D

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I'm all for taking more time for better quality art, and I think it shows with these ones. I really like the one of Nimble and her sisters!

Thanks Flathead!!  :chompysmile Glad you like it, I feel it’s definitely one of my stronger pieces  :DD

Judging by the look in her eyes, it’s probably the other thing  :bestsharptooth

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

Thanks Flathead!!  :chompysmile Glad you like it, I feel it’s definitely one of my stronger pieces  :DD

Judging by the look in her eyes, it’s probably the other thing  :bestsharptooth

“Love is in the air.” 💞

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Everyone beat my sleeping self to it, but that's genuinely a great pose and the whimsical background colors really adds to it!
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
The timing on these drawings is almost never in my favor, as you mostly release the new one right after I've checked out for the night. No matter that, the drawing is once again quite lovely and the more distinct lines make it easier to uphold. The background colorization is nothing new, but it works every time quite nicely.

But what is Nimble's hand doing on Blue's backside? Maybe love is in the air, after all. :chompysmile

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NNC0kIzM1Fo[/youtube]

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Everyone beat my sleeping self to it, but that's genuinely a great pose and the whimsical background colors really adds to it!

Thank you!! I was actually a bit worried about the poses, but I’m relieved to know you like them  :chompysmile

The timing on these drawings is almost never in my favor, as you mostly release the new one right after I've checked out for the night. No matter that, the drawing is once again quite lovely and the more distinct lines make it easier to uphold. The background colorization is nothing new, but it works every time quite nicely.

But what is Nimble's hand doing on Blue's backside? Maybe love is in the air, after all. :chompysmile

Timezones, man.  :OhYou But thanks! Yeah, I’m trying to make the lines more distinct so as to draw attention to the characters. Glad it did what I intended!

I dunno, maybe scratching an itch he can’t reach?  :PCera

Here’s a piece I just finished on Nimble and Indigo, from a scene in Across The Seasons. I recently picked it back up again and should finish the next chapter very soon.  :bestsharptooth

« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 10:07:09 PM by jassy »

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

Thank you!! I was actually a bit worried about the poses, but I’m relieved to know you like them  :chompysmile

Timezones, man.  :OhYou But thanks! Yeah, I’m trying to make the lines more distinct so as to draw attention to the characters. Glad it did what I intended!

I dunno, maybe scratching an itch he can’t reach?  :PCera

Here’s a piece I just finished on Nimble and Indigo, from a scene in chapter 6 of Across The Seasons. I recently picked it back up again and should finish the next chapter very soon.  :bestsharptooth

Indigo and Nimble:

[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IWCpAXF4u6U[/youtube]

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Somehow I totally forgot that song was even in that movie  :facepalm but rest assured that their relationship is purely platonic  :PCera