The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Hello. I have a question.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Hello.  I recently signed up here about three days ago.  I have been browsing the postings and I have noticed that most of the postings are over a year old.  What's going on here?  Is this an old site or something?  Did you change it or am I just not getting something here?  

If this site is current, I would love to say that I love all of the LBT episodes.  I watched the series recently and thought they were okay.  The animation was somewhat less than the movies though.  Overall I have to say that the LBT tv series is a great thing to have on tv.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Hello and welcome.  :wave

We've been here at this place for nearly three years now so its typical that some topics are much older than others.  New members will usually bump old topics to add their perspective, and there's nothing wrong with that.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay.  That clears things up.  I just didn't want to post to someone that isn't there!  I have better things to do like watch LBT!

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Even if some of the posters in the topic are no longer about, there usually are a few that still hang around here daily and would likely reply to it again.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Just one more question.  I was wondering about how many members are there?  Is this site well know or is it more exclusive than most?

novaflare

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Apr 19 2007 on  08:28 PM
Just one more question.  I was wondering about how many members are there?  Is this site well know or is it more exclusive than most?
Not a hugely well known site. Being that its mainly about one film franchise if it was for example a more general animation fan site it would have more members. There iis 101 members probably 20 to 25 who always post at least once every 3 days to a week id say 15 who posst daily.

I think being a relitivly small slow growing site has many benifits over a huge fast growing one. The mods and admins can keep it all clean and friendly much easyer i and when some one posts somethign they should not. Less likely to happen period with a smaller site.

If you hang out on imdb at all you know how many trolling posts get posted there. The admins are really good about nailign the posts but id say before they do over the entire site those posts get seen by a few 1000 people all told prior to the deleation. Here youll likely never see a post like this (topic only) "Online_Pharmacy, Free pills package!! " 2 reasons 1 this forum does not get millions of posts per day and if by some stroke of bad luck a spam bot does find it petrie or one of the other mods/admins will nuke the post.

Here what you see instead is land before time related posts for the most part and thats it.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That's good.  I was hoping that I wouldn't have to deal with 99% nasty people and only 1% nice.  The last site I joined, I was spending so much time telling people to not swear, be nice, and keep on the topic that I didn't get much fun out of it.  I have read a lot of topics and I must say that I'm very pleased.  The people on this site don't use foul language and pretty much stay on the topic.  I also had to deal with tons of ad's.  They would seem like normal nice people with an opinion and they would include a link to what they said was a great LBT site, and it was an ad about stuff like toothpaste.  Really annoying.  I personally prefer a smaller group.  It makes it a lot easier to make friends and significantly lowers the possibility of ad's.  I'm so glad I was referred to you!

novaflare

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Apr 19 2007 on  08:52 PM
That's good.  I was hoping that I wouldn't have to deal with 99% nasty people and only 1% nice.  The last site I joined, I was spending so much time telling people to not swear, be nice, and keep on the topic that I didn't get much fun out of it.  I have read a lot of topics and I must say that I'm very pleased.  The people on this site don't use foul language and pretty much stay on the topic.  I also had to deal with tons of ad's.  They would seem like normal nice people with an opinion and they would include a link to what they said was a great LBT site, and it was an ad about stuff like toothpaste.  Really annoying.  I personally prefer a smaller group.  It makes it a lot easier to make friends and significantly lowers the possibility of ad's.  I'm so glad I was referred to you!
Question refered from imdb? if so that would have been me :)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yes that was you.  I hated that site because There were so many nasty people.   I guess I really should be greatful for it because that's how I found out about this site.  I hate it when people say really nasty stuff about LBT.  That site was a nightmare of horrible people just waiting to bash LBT at every oppertunity.  They swore all of the time and it would really make me mad.  I wanted to share my opinion but I had to always support LBT.  That was my first duty.  Since that site was more official, I knew that Universal was probably reviewing everyone's comments on LBT and altering it to their specifications.  I didn't want them to even consider some of the horrible ideas that some people posted on there.  I had to write a persuasive paragraph or two to convince people that LBT was okay every time someone bashed LBT.  I really wish people would stop bashing LBT.  They really need to get a life.  I would always say "If you don't like e'm, don't watch e'm but don't contaminate the internet with your foul language and ruin everyone's time on the internet".  They never respond when I say that.

novaflare

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Apr 19 2007 on  09:13 PM
Yes that was you.  I hated that site because There were so many nasty people.   I guess I really should be greatful for it because that's how I found out about this site.  I hate it when people say really nasty stuff about LBT.  That site was a nightmare of horrible people just waiting to bash LBT at every oppertunity.  They swore all of the time and it would really make me mad.  I wanted to share my opinion but I had to always support LBT.  That was my first duty.  Since that site was more official, I knew that Universal was probably reviewing everyone's comments on LBT and altering it to their specifications.  I didn't want them to even consider some of the horrible ideas that some people posted on there.  I had to write a persuasive paragraph or two to convince people that LBT was okay every time someone bashed LBT.  I really wish people would stop bashing LBT.  They really need to get a life.  I would always say "If you don't like e'm, don't watch e'm but don't contaminate the internet with your foul language and ruin everyone's time on the internet".  They never respond when I say that.
Well with any animated film forums that will always happen. Animated films and animated film fan sites are easy targets for trolling. Sad thing is many of those trolls are closest fans. They like the films but they show off to their friends by trolling.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I can see why they do that.  They are in denial.  They really love LBT but their friends don't.  They have no where to express their thoughts so they deny and supress them.  Is that sort of what you mean?

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hello and welcome to the GOF, LBT luver! Nice to meet'cha! I'm Lain_EX, but you can call me Lain. Enjoy your stay here!

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Welcome to the GOF landbeforetimelover! :yes
I can reassure you about several points. This is, for all I know, the most active forum about the land before time existing at the moment. While everyone is welcome to participate in our discussions about every aspect of the LBT movies (or other, non-LBT related, issues to be discussed in sections such as the fridge or the "after midnight") the admins of this forum will make sure that there is no flaming, trolling, or spamming around here.
It is always a pleasure to welcome new members. Please feel hearty invited to join our discussions and / or start your own threads. If you have any more questions, don't be hesitant to ask. And above all, have fun :)

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
:wave Howdy Howdy LBT Lover!  :wave

Welcome to the Gang of Five Forum.

As all the posts before have pointed out, you have nothing to fear in terms of trolling, abuse, spam or flames. This forum is cared for with a great passion by its admins, moderators and its members. No one is picked upon nor is ridiculed for their opinions or points of view. We encourage members to voice their views (all within good context of course ;) ) in which a healthy debate could possibly stem from. This, in turn, gives way to more interesting topics for which everyone is normally in on one way or another!

So, enjoy your stay! Post, post, post! And welcome to our network (as our mobile adverts over this end say! LOL  :lol  :^.^: )

Littlefoot-1616 B)