The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Been a *long* time

Dagmar · 18 · 1696

Dagmar

• Member+
  • Ruby
  • Five years later, I'm back
    • View Profile
Old member here returning, oof. I think I was probably last active about 5-6 years ago? Man, how I was wrong that I'd always be active here. My job and everything got in the way since I was last active in 2014-15. But recently I started to miss being a part of this forum and being interested in The Land Before Time, so I decided to make a sudden return. I saw the latest movie in 2017 when it first released, but it never really occurred to me to return here as well until this year.

https://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?action=profile;u=342
This is my previous account here, but I couldn't recall my email for it and I got a message saying that neither of my emails are registered to an account here, so I decided to create a new account in the end. So... I'm back and I'll try to be active every now and then, but currently I work about five days a week and am busy with renovating a house that I'll be moving to, so I may vanish and re-appear randomly.

(I wonder if anybody who knew me five-plus years ago who would remember me is still active here?)

(Awarded to my previous account seven years ago and added here with clarification from Mumbling.)

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Welcome back to the forum!  :)littlefoot It is a great day when a member makes a return to our community.  Though the lack of time due to work and real life concerns is totally understandable (I can certainly relate) I am glad to see that you are back to this little corner of the Internet.

As for the old account, if you wish we could see about restoring your access to that account.  As an alternative we could perhaps change your current username to indicate your previous username as well.  If either of those options would work for you keep me informed and I will see what we admins can arrange.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hello and welcome back to the GoF!  :rainbowwave

Don't feel too bad about being gone so long. I was inactive for years before I decided to come back in 2017. I hate to say it, but I do not recall you back in the day. Though it looks like you joined back in 2010 and by then I was already getting to be fairly inactive.

Dagmar

• Member+
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
Welcome back to the forum!  :)littlefoot It is a great day when a member makes a return to our community.  Though the lack of time due to work and real life concerns is totally understandable (I can certainly relate) I am glad to see that you are back to this little corner of the Internet.

As for the old account, if you wish we could see about restoring your access to that account.  As an alternative we could perhaps change your current username to indicate your previous username as well.  If either of those options would work for you keep me informed and I will see what we admins can arrange.
Yeah, it feels good to be back. I'd been thinking more and more about the forum as of late and how much I missed it, so I thought "Okay, I need to return".

In regards to my old account though, I think I'm okay with using my new one. "Dagmar" happens to be the name of a character from a Dragonheart fanfiction that I started three years ago then never had time to continue. I'm gonna be finally giving her a design and more depth, so I think I'm okay with having an account that refers to her.

(Awarded to my previous account seven years ago and added here with clarification from Mumbling.)

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Hello and welcome back! Yeah, I joined in 2018 so I'm afraid by that time I missed your activity. But it is nice to see that you considered returning back to the gang! :feelsgoodman
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

jassy

• certified member of the spike fanclub :)
  • Member+
  • Spike
  • your local procrastinating fanartist!
    • View Profile
Welcome back!! I wasn't a member when you were active either since I joined in 2018 but it's nice to see you returning!  :DD
"Don't you ever wonder what's out there?"  :rainbowThinking

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey Adder! Or I guess I should say Dagmar now :D Good to see you back here. Hope life has been kind to you. :rainbowwave

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
It's always great to see old members return to familiar grounds. I'm afraid I joined in early 2019, so I wasn't active during your heyday. Welcome back to the forum, Dagmar! :)littlefoot

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Welcome back to us! :D
Nice to see old users coming back to home.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
As with Anagnos, I too joined in early 2019 and so we wouldn't have been aquainted before. But regardless, myself and the rest of the dinosaurs here would like to give you a hearty welcome back!
:Mo :ChomperImAwesome :PCera

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
As with both StardustSoldier and Anagnos, I also joined in early 2019! But welcome back, Dagmar! We're all glad you're able to set aside some time to join us on the forum again. :DD

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Dagmar

• Member+
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
Hey Adder! Or I guess I should say Dagmar now :D Good to see you back here. Hope life has been kind to you. :rainbowwave
Yeah, overall it has been. 2017 ended on a bad note for me with my grandmother passing away, but otherwise, the past three years have been alright. (2020 sure has been a strange year, though...)

@Everyone else: Thanks for all the welcome backs. It's also nice to see that the forum is still going strong with a lot of new faces.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
My condolences about your grandmother. I had a few personal losses of my own in 2019 and 2020, including my own grandmother, so I can probably relate. And yeah, 2020 has sure been a strange year all of its own.

Good to hear that things are going well otherwise though. :)

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, overall it has been. 2017 ended on a bad note for me with my grandmother passing away, but otherwise, the past three years have been alright. (2020 sure has been a strange year, though...)

I am so sorry for your loss, Dagmar. I can't relate on this as much as Stardust. I wish I had the right words to say to you, but I'm glad to hear that the past three years have been going well for you.

Let's make this time in the forum the best we can. ;)Cera

Dagmar

• Member+
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
Yeah, it was rough for the first six months after she passed away since she had raised me and so was more like my mother than grandmother, but I managed to move on from my grief eventually.

But sad topics aside, yeah, I'm really glad to be back here. It gave me a funny feeling of nostalgia that I hadn't felt in five years the first day I returned here.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^Glad to hear. Feelings of nostalgia are always appreciated. :Mo

thegrandnil

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • dis muh deviantart
Old member here returning, oof. I think I was probably last active about 5-6 years ago? Man, how I was wrong that I'd always be active here. My job and everything got in the way since I was last active in 2014-15. But recently I started to miss being a part of this forum and being interested in The Land Before Time, so I decided to make a sudden return. I saw the latest movie in 2017 when it first released, but it never really occurred to me to return here as well until this year.

https://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?action=profile;u=342
This is my previous account here, but I couldn't recall my email for it and I got a message saying that neither of my emails are registered to an account here, so I decided to create a new account in the end. So... I'm back and I'll try to be active every now and then, but currently I work about five days a week and am busy with renovating a house that I'll be moving to, so I may vanish and re-appear randomly.

(I wonder if anybody who knew me five-plus years ago who would remember me is still active here?)

Omg, I did a little diggin g in your previous accounts post history, your the author of A Journey of a Forgotten Past, arnt you.
Dude I used too love that fic, I'm a fan. Great too see you back in the community, maybe even with more stories  :ChomperAmused

*This is a certified hood classic*

Dagmar

• Member+
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
Omg, I did a little diggin g in your previous accounts post history, your the author of A Journey of a Forgotten Past, arnt you.
Dude I used too love that fic, I'm a fan. Great too see you back in the community, maybe even with more stories  :ChomperAmused
Oh, yeah, I did write that. I think it might still be on fanfiction.net too, but I'm not sure since I stopped using fanfiction.net and let somebody I got to know on DeviantArt take over the account since I was too busy to write stuff for a few years. I may make a new fanfiction.net account soon, though, so I can post anything I might write in the future.

(I may begin with re-writing the story you mentioned, since I've improved greatly since that was written.)