The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

GOF voice actors

Malte279 · 66 · 14481

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I now have a very good mic, the one that's built into my webcam.  Normally they're not good, but seeing as my webcam was $250, it's better than most mics out there.

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
250?
Mine was only 15.
And it sucks <_< , I really need to buy a new one.
I still think we should know each other¥s voice.
Or we could do a quote like Explorer said.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Suggestions may need to be done for different types of equipment and software, as well as some various prices, like the best mikes under $x, ect, and software to alter voices may be needed since I would assume most here have adult sounding voices and the main focus, if done like in the movies & tv episodes, will be kids, with the adults not having lots of appearances in some scenes.  

Also, depending on the number of voice actors and who plays what some roles may need to be removed or altered a bit since are likely going to be far less females to play female roles, especially the adult females Tria, Grandma Longneck, Ducky & Petrie's mother.  Though in Ducky's case her father could be used maybe, since he's not mentioned as being dead, or someone who has practice could do multiple roles and alter their voice themselves or use software of some sort.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The only one my voice is good for, really good, would be ducky's mom.

I could try the others :p But my voice is kinda low..

I Dont think any other women on this board want to join this... Might be mistaken.. :)

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I like the sound of the audio project so I'm willing to add any contributions as necessary. Being a fan of voice over artists, I'd love to act as one of the characters (not necessarily a key one but anything going). I've done a few voice overs before but they are only slight characterisations. I'd be more than happy to take on any roles going :) :^.^:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
As for the voices I suggest that once we have settled for a script everyone should send a short recording of a couple of lines for each character in the script and we should decide together whom we feel would do best for which character. Personal preferences of our voice actors should of course be taken into account in this decisions (someone who really, really would like to do Littlefoot is not likely to put as much effort into a different role ascriped to him or (yes, if the voice sounds fitting) her). But of course a certain degree of similarity between the voices would in some cases have to overrule the preferences of the voice actors, especially if we have many applicants for a particular character.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I can guess many characters would have many voice actors. How about all the various female characters though.  Would some of those have to be done by males using voice altering software, or the roles adjusted so some lines are given to various other characters so that character may not appear.  Likely many options will need to be looked at and weighed and then decided upon.   Then there are the various kid voices needed.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Maybe there are still guys around with a children voice? Not sure...

My voice is too low to play Ducky or Cera, seriously.

I could try though, I can sing high, so why not talk higher eh :)

Malte's idea sounds good to me. I dont prefer any character, so with me you won't have any trouble deciding.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess we'll have to wait and see how things develop and as for certain characters things will have to be done.  Some adjusting or adaption may need to be done concerning certain characters.

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'd like to get in on the fun as well. The funny thing is I can do a pretty good imitation of Spike's grunts and groans, but I could do other characters if needed.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The more interested and try out the higher the chance all the main roles will get filled.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
This is looking really good! I'm glad there is such a positive resonance and readiness to participate in this projects :yes
Once we have settled for a plot I think we should pick a few lines for each character (and possibly for different moods) from the selected script and let anyone who would like to participate record them and post them here so we can determine whom we feel sounds most like a particular character :)
In case someone can twist the own voice into really different voices there may be a chance for someone to be ascribed to more than a character in case we don't have enough (there were characters spoken by the same voice actor in several movies).

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
I tried some characters before. The once I am rather good at are: Littlefoot, Shorty, and  maybe Petrie. But not sure, if my voice would be able to talk him in every situation :lol

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
A suggestion which came to my mind:

Every voice actor, who would like to play a character, could make a short recording for his, or her character from a special scene in one of the movies. So, for these who wants to play Ducky for excample, are talking all the same plot in the movie which is chosen. So one can decide after that, who sounds the best.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Or like Malte said, we could wait for a plot and could talking parts out of this plot then. But we would have to wait a bit longer then.

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Well count me in.
My voice is not the best, but the more the merrier, I¥m sure it will fit to something, even if it is to the "stupidiest" sound ever -_-

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
With the small pool here, small in comparison to all of the professional voice actors and regular actors that universal has access to for their lbt movies & tv series, There may some with voices that may not be perfect but are good at doing a certain role.  Maybe either the person doing the acting, or whoever does the post production, can use software to alter a voice a bit, that may help, or may be to hard to make it worthwhile.   I do agree if there are some who can do more then one voice they may get more then 1 roll, though they may have to say their lines for the characters they are trying out for in each of the voices they can do.  That likely goes for those trying out for the narrator (if there will be one) role.

We have to also consider if some do not wish to sing the songs that someone involved in the singing project maybe can be asked to sing the parts of that character during a song.  If everyone is willing to sing then that will not be needed.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Need we forget that a number of the characters' voices are actually voiced by the same person. Characters like Spike and Ducky's Mum as well as Petrie's are both voiced by Tress MacNeille and they sound relatively similar. In instances like this it may not be completely necessary to have 2 difference voices for these characters. Given excellent talents such as Rob Paulsen who voices quite a few characters who sound completely different (from Spike to Mr Clubtail) it will be more likely that we will require more contributors to the audio play.

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
you guys will soon hear(!) more from me! :)