The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Writers needed.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
This post is in light of the PINNED: PBT14 post. Someone said that they were going to get the ball rolling for a LBT fanmovie to tell "lost plots", but I checked out the Fan Projects boards and found nothing beyond audio plays, so I'm looking to catch the attention of anyone who is even remotely willing to help work up a concept, outline, and script for a LBT fanmovie. How we possibly get this made via a flash animation (most likely) is another issue for after we get something for this to be made off of.

We'll keep our brainstorming limited to this post and the PMs, so as to not bother the other posters or the admins and mods.

I'm posting this here because anything we come up with is nothing more than a fanfiction is scripted form until we can get this done.

So? Any takers? Don't be intimidated. We only need to get it written right now.

In the meantime, I'm going to work up a bible or sorts of the LBT universe for us to draw perspective of the world from.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
We're waiting for an animation program that is efficent enough for a fan movie.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Okay, here is the status. It would be very time-consuming and tiring to make a fanmovie as of now. Not only that, but it wouldn't be as good as it could be. The audio plays are practice for doing voices, plot/script design, and execution of the plans. We are waiting for the programs and the plots. Here would be a good place to gather plots/scripts, though.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Lacking the necessary software and know-how to make a movie we have so far settled for the audio play project. Nobody ever said that the day might not come on which that audio play might be turned into a movie. With the animation being made after the recording of the voices in case of the real movies the completing of an audio play would be the first step to make a movie. Anyone who wants to make a movie that is not a silent one won't get around making an audio play as well and completing the audio play before starting the animation would be the more practicable approach.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I am well aware of all this. I've been briefed via reading the threads and listening to the audio plays. This is why I'm proposing getting everyone whose interested in working on this together and getting the concept/plot decided on, written, scripted, done, and out of the way.

Doing this will get one more thing done in preparation for the coming day, it'll further practice our writing skills, and we will learn how to work together as the proper writing staff that this project deserves. We would have a working script. Not to mention that it'll help pass the time. If we're busy with the script, waiting for the right software will be much easier.

That being said, the audio plays are just one aspect of preparing for planning and preparing this.

So what say you? Willing to work on the very script we intend to use that coming day now? Want to gather together those plots, scripts, concepts, and whatnot right here on this topic starting today? Let's take this to the next level, guys and gals. Let's work on the very script we intend to use, and get it converted into an audio play, then someday, the actual fanmovie!
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm sure many here are willing to help in the project in various ways.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Right, well, I'd like these individuals to step forward. Guys, you can't daddle if you ever want to see this done.
If you're going to help out, please post your intent and how you intend to help out. I'd like to get this organized, but in order to do that, I need to know who is going to participate.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Most of the planning and organizing for the audio play (and possibly later movie) is in this section. As for the plots and scripts there have been suggestions from lbt/cty_lover and Kor, and F-22 offered his fanfiction to be turned into a script. I suggested using a translated version of audio plays which have been released in Germany only and to which I can lay no more claim than that of a translator of the script. The first five minutes of one of the plays are the only part of a script which have so far been posted for review, but I reckon there will be more soon :)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Alright, thank you. If you can get those translated, it'd be nice.

The feel I'm pushing for is more definitive than just "suggestions that might be used". I cannot repeat myself enough that we need to what we will use in the fanmovie.
I propose we review what we already have, and take a poll of what we should first adapt into the script we intend to use. Does that sound reasonable? I don't want to come across like a tyrant here.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
When I wrote in this "might" "could" "perhaps" "possibly" kind of manner (I think I might possibly do too often :lol) I didn't mean to question whether or not there would be the project but that one script that is being handed in will be the one we got to work with for the beginning. Others may be used later on and (sad but true) some scripts might not work out. I hope that we get more scripts handed in these days as we need a script before we can start the voice testing for the story I think.
Yes, it would be possible of course to let people imitated characters' lines from the movies, but I don't think this would be the better approach over having the script first. If we do the recording and voice picking before we have a proper script ready, I'm afraid there might easily be a decrease of interest in the project in case it takes a longer time for the scripts to be finished after the choosing of the voices. If we can continue the recording right after the selecting of the voices I think there is less of a risk that the "impetus of enthusiasm" for the project may be lost due to long waiting times.
And no, you don't sound like a tyrant and it is good that there is this interest in the project. Do you perhaps have a story in mind that you could turn into a script? :)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I have a concept that I'm working on, but I'd like to know all the guys are ready to to push forward with the writing in a definitive manner before I join in. I am well aware that some scripts may not work out, other will not get worked on at all, and we will have to juggle some scripts, but that's part of the process. From what I've seen of the work so far, its good, but the approach is too roundabout. Its just not getting where it needs to go to get done. I can easily see this project peepering out and stopping altogether long before the software we need comes out as it stands now. That's why I made this topic. We need to start pushing for collecting the concepts, coming up with them ourselves, and getting to work getting it done.

You're right, we need a script before we start practicing with any voices and whatnot.

Alright, first we need a 'Crew List', of everyone working on this so far, so to speak. On writing, we have you, FF, Kon, lbt/cty-lover, and myself so far.

I'll meet you at the topic you made a link to try to to get this approach going.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It may be best to start with doing shorter things then work up to a 20-30 minute length story to do an audio play so it can get folks, who are not use to doing voice work, gradually use to working on such a project as well as the other aspects that come with it.  Such things like post production work, pre production, voice acting, directing, writing, working and editing the script, ect.   Then working towards a movie length could be done instead of trying to do a movie length at first.   Also it may be better to wait till a script is done before a cast is picked.  Also some backup roles would be picked so if person 1 is to busy to be the character they usually are then person 2 can take the role for the project.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Very well. We can start smaller. After the audio play you're busy with on the "Audio Play Suggestions" board is completed, another can be started. I'd like to be on-board with you from this moment on. I wish to be a part of this now that I know about it. I also intend to keep pushing for longer and longer audio plays with each one.

Now, would someone please answer my question: Who all is working on this. I'm going to make a 'Crew List' and post it in the LBT Projects section. This is help keepus somewhat organized, and believe me, we, at least, need to agree to be organized for this. Something I probably didn't need to tell you, but its best to put it out there.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It may be best to start with doing shorter things then work up to a 20-30 minute length story to do an audio play so it can get folks, who are not use to doing voice work, gradually use to working on such a project as well as the other aspects that come with it.
I agree that it would be a good thing if we had a really short story (that is a script of it).
So far no own stories of any member have been handed in, so we are as ready to push forward with the writing as we can be. The handing in of scripts from which one is to be picked is the next step in this project.
Only after we have a script picked will we know for example how many speakers and which character roles will be required for the play (which needn't require every member of the GOF as a short story might well be just about one or a few of them).
Inthis thread GOF members who are willing to contribute to the project have posted and in some cases specified what they think they could do. There is no shorter list so far, but you could make it if you want to WeirdRaptor?

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Excellent. Just the resource I was needing. I thought I was going to end up going insane figuring out who all was involved to work up the list.
Believe me, if we have a visual representation of that states everyone involved, it will make things go more smoothly. Trust me. This isn't "just because I can".

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I never said it was and I quite agree that such a list of people who are willing to contribute (and in which way if they were specific about this) would be quite helpful indeed.
Could you make that list from the thread WR? That would be really awesome :yes

PS: I think I will move this thread to the audio play section I just leave it here for some more hours so people can read this and will be aware of where to find this thread once it is moved.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
& the scripts don't need to be just from fanfiction, it can be written specifically written for the audio play, or for longer movie length scripts some could be based on pure lbt roleplays on this forum.  I've already mentioned 1 idea, though that would be a movie length one not a shorter one.  There are the German ones we could start with.  I think there are 4 or so so we could work with some or all of those and come up with other stuff in the meantime.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I didn't say you did, Malte. I'm making it clear that this is to hep in case there are any questions for my motivation why.

As for where we'll be getting these stories...well, any script we make right now would basically just be a fanfiction in and of itself, to be fair. But yeah, I see your point. I was thinking along the same lines.
I was suggesting compiling stuff so we could get a look at what's been done and pull some inspiration.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Arr thar need to be a script where the gang meet pirates. Yarr

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
I wouldn't mind helping with the script, if that's ok.