The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic RP?

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
What is the tech level? Show or modern tech hybridized with magic?

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
And here is where the line gets blurred a bit. I would say keep the technology simply, swords, shields and bows/arrows, but... with the way Equestria is portrayed, magic can be a powerful weapon in it's own right. I supposed a sword made entirely of pure magic would work, as well as a shield, and even flinging arrows, but that is just for the unicorn and alicorn races.

Even the pegasi ponies have control of the weather, and that alone is a true fighting force.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The Pegasi guards do appear disciplined and they do wear armor.  They may be like the Swiss guards who guard the pope or whatever they are called the guys you see at attention in Britain that some folks get to try to laugh or sneeze but stand at attention, forgot what they are called.  Where both of those are a type of military and are trained and are disipline trained but those are mainly ceremonial type of positions in equestria.

That is if you want a more military style character.  If Princess Celestria will be meeting the group going to the castle then some of her guards would likely be nearby.  I don't recall if the pegasi who pull the chariots that we've seen once or twice are part of that same guard thing or if that's a separate thing.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sounds good.  Jin is actually a guard captain, in a way.  He leads the second divison, which is Luna's personal vanguard.  Smaller, and due to Jin not being a very serious leader, a very informal group.  Gilda, Trixie, and Jin are the main three members of the group.  And Jin is a low-ranked commander.  He still answers to Celestia's captain.  Also, he uses magic weapons, in contrast to Haru.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So....who's turn is it to post in the RP now?  I just ask as I was the last to post and yeah, wasn't sure who wanted to post next XD

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So, who's going to play as Rarity?  As I'm sure she's missing now to being played, if I'm correct in believing GVG is to be playing Pinkie Pie.

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh, I'll play Rarity if no one else wants too. I am looking for a 4th character to play anyway.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Looks like there is a group of young pony characters, oc and fc's.  Wonder if I should do one, and if so what type, other then unicorn which Myrdinn is.  It could be interesting, having 2 groups of rp, the older ponies, and the younger ones.  If it continues like this.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hehe yeah, and what's more, the Cutie Mark Crusaders will then have more members for their little group ^^

@Dash: If you wish to be Rarity, I have no objection to that.  If you wish, she can talk to Fluttershy right now, give her something to do at least ;)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Not sure if I did one if I should do an earth or pegasus young colt.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Perhaps an Earth Pony?  As we have Flash Dancer who's a Unicorn and Dawn who is a Pegasus.  So why not even it out again? XD

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That sounds ok.  I just have to come up with a character concept then a name.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
And there you have it, Dawn overracting a bit too much....over a broken window, such fun.  Goes to show you she doesn't exactly think things through to the end with anything XD

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Think she'd run away to try to hide from princess Celestia?

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Somehow, I think Gilda'll take a shine to her, simply because of how much she resembles Dash.  (Who Gilda has a crush on).  Gilda'll kind act like a big sis.  Nice enough, but not above being a jerk to Dawn sometimes.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That would be awesome, she could always use a big sis.  But a question about that, if Gilda is part of Princess Celestia's guard now, I take it that Gilda would go and visit Dawn in Ponyville whenever she has time off sort of thing?

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Of course.  Plus, as one of Luna's guards, she travels with the princess, so...since Luna's grown fond of Ponyville, she'll probably be there a lot, and if not...
Well, she's no stranger to playing hooky.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hehe, well, I have no objections to that either.  I mean sure, Dawn can't fly all that well, I mean she can, but not for long periods of time, that, and she's still learning to fly properly ;)

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile