The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT Logon Screen Complete!

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Sorry.  I'm not trying to diss your work or anything, but it's just not very good.  I can't do any better though.  It's like trying to mix a person in a black and white photograph into a modern color photograph and make it look real like they're standing with other people taken in a color photograph, making it look like they were taken at the same time.  It's just not possible with the tools that normal people have.  Only really expensive commercial programs that only huge companies like Hollywood can get their hands on would be able to do such things.  The same thing is with what you tried to do and what I've tried to do many many times and failed.  I'm afraid for any character to look "right" in a shot, they would either have to be taken from one shot from LBT 1 and put into another shot taken in the same movie OR, they could just be used from an original screen shot.  The textures of the characters alone makes them look bad.  My first logon screen in this thread looks good because the texture of Littlefoot and the vista background are identical.  Look at the texture of the sharptooth.  It's nothing like the smooth vista background.  You had to change the vista background so much, you might as well just taken the "windows vista" logo out of it and put it onto a totally black background.  There's just no way to really blend them because they have way too many differences.  It's not your fault.  You simply don't posses the necessary programs to do the job.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,May 10 2008 on  05:15 AM
Sorry.  I'm not trying to diss your work or anything, but it's just not very good.  I can't do any better though.  It's like trying to mix a person in a black and white photograph into a modern color photograph and make it look real like they're standing with other people taken in a color photograph, making it look like they were taken at the same time.  It's just not possible with the tools that normal people have.  Only really expensive commercial programs that only huge companies like Hollywood can get their hands on would be able to do such things.  The same thing is with what you tried to do and what I've tried to do many many times and failed.  I'm afraid for any character to look "right" in a shot, they would either have to be taken from one shot from LBT 1 and put into another shot taken in the same movie OR, they could just be used from an original screen shot.  The textures of the characters alone makes them look bad.  My first logon screen in this thread looks good because the texture of Littlefoot and the vista background are identical.  Look at the texture of the sharptooth.  It's nothing like the smooth vista background.  You had to change the vista background so much, you might as well just taken the "windows vista" logo out of it and put it onto a totally black background.  There's just no way to really blend them because they have way too many differences.  It's not your fault.  You simply don't posses the necessary programs to do the job.
...I thought I did a good job... I guess I was wrong... I'll delete the stupid picture...

There I deleted it.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
No no.  People should be able to view your work.  It's not like it was dreadful or anything.  It's just not seamlessly integrated into the image, but no one should expect to see those kind of results even if they used photoshop.  You did a very good job, especially if you take into account the limited tools you had.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I used mostly MS Paint and Photopaint. I had spent a few years learning how to edit with MS Paint. Only thing I did with Photoshop was change the logon screen color.

And I already deleted the picture from my Photobucket account and I don't think I'll upload it again.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
...I see what he means about the texture thing, but, I still think you did a good attempt with the tools we've all got.  Nobody has the tools yet.  ...It just has to "blend" a certain way, is all that he's trying to say...  Honestly, that was one good attempt!  (Yes, I saw it before you deleted it.)  Don't feel bad - that's better than I could have done! ;)
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile