The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Bobsheaux

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
He's a lot like The Nostalgia Critic, except he actually does the research before opening his big mouth. In any case, this guy is really funny, but more importantly...

LAND BEFORE TIME REVIEWS!

LBT 1-3 Review

LBT 4-6 Review

LBT 7-10 Review
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
No Doug Walker knows what he's talking about when he reviews god awful movies that need to be ripped apart. He has a brain and I like his reviews he does. So keep your negative opinions to yourself next time.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Come here and make me. And no, no he doesn't. Walker has had many research fails over the course of his internet career. His "Event Horizon" review being a shining example.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Sangiban

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Jun 23 2016 on  12:06 AM
He's a lot like The Nostalgia Critic, except he actually does the research before opening his big mouth. In any case, this guy is really funny, but more importantly...

LAND BEFORE TIME REVIEWS!

LBT 1-3 Review

LBT 4-6 Review

LBT 7-10 Review
He's funny, but I think I prefer Marzgurl. Bobsheaux makes too little effort to be impartial, and he doesn't review the movies as a whole.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: ADFan185,Jun 23 2016 on  06:32 AM
No Doug Walker knows what he's talking about when he reviews god awful movies that need to be ripped apart. He has a brain and I like his reviews he does. So keep your negative opinions to yourself next time.
That doesn't really sound fair, ADFan. I mean yeah, I like Doug Walker's videos. I don't always agree with him but I still find him entertaining. But I also understand that he's not for everyone. And if WR doesn't like him as much, he has every right to express his opinion on that.

The point of these discussions is to share opinions. So telling someone to "keep their negative opinions to themselves" kinda defeats the purpose of that. I'm not saying you couldn't have disagreed, but you could have done so in a more respectful way. Saying "keep your negative opinions to yourself" is not the best way of going about it.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Between the declarations of piracy and now this, is there a reason ADFan is still here?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Quote from: ADFan185,Jun 23 2016 on  05:32 AM
For the record ADFan, everyone is entitled to their opinions and to declare them (as opinions rather than stating them like undeniable facts). It is not up to you or anyone else to order anyone here to keep any opinions to themselves. Such attitute is in conflict with the board rules and can lead to sanctions if repeated after such a warning :anger
Between the declarations of piracy and now this, is there a reason ADFan is still here?
For the selfsame reason that other GOF members are still around after having repeatedly put a toe across the line.
Nobody should mistake the lenience of the admins as ignorance. We still got the banhammer if nothing else is working, but we are sticking to the rules which we impose not just on others but on ourselves as well and don't go around banning people just because some others might dislike them but only on the basis of the board rules.

That being said, everyone remember to keep the difference between fact and opinion in mind and treat others with the same respect you want to be given (in case you don't want to be met with respect, treat others respectfully anyway!) and everyone should be fine.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I'll probably check out Bobsheaux soon. There are a number of internet reviewers I look at from time to time. NC's far from the only one. So I'm open to looking at someone I never heard of before. I'll make a post later on explaining what I think of him, after watching a couple of his videos.

Sangiban

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Jun 23 2016 on  10:33 PM
I'll probably check out Bobsheaux soon. There are a number of internet reviewers I look at from time to time. NC's far from the only one. So I'm open to looking at someone I never heard of before. I'll make a post later on explaining what I think of him, after watching a couple of his videos.
Do it! I would very much like to share our views on him.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I've seen a few of his reviews (not his LBT ones, though. I didn't even know he reviewed those movies). From what I've seen, he's a more technical reviewer, judging movies more by how they used different filmmaking techniques, the pacing, how original they are, ect.

He reviews pretty differently from the Nastalgia Critic, but I don't see either of them as better or worse than the other. They're apples and oranges, really, and they appeal to different people.

I'll check out his LBT reviews when I've got the time (I saw one of his videos was over an hour long, damn. :blink: )

Edit: Um, looking at a video of his, wondering if I'm getting him mixed up with someone else...? Can't think of who right now  :unsure:
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
You might be thinking of Oliver Harper.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
If I have time I'll give him a shot.