The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Legend of Zelda (all)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
i finished the game as well. The only thing that took quite a while to get used to is the rolling, and i still find it hard to pull of sometimes, especially to try and dodge an attack. I find the bosses to be the best in series, with some cool ideas with the top screen. Out of all the games that i've beaten with 3 hearts (OoT, OoT: Master Quest, Minish Cap, Twilight Princess), i find it to be the hardest, seeing that i actually got a game over on the last boss (i can usually beat the game without dying once).

Becuase you use the stylus to move. In fact, the stylus commands the whole game.
Theres even a ghost that mentions this in the game, it says something like "My only regret was that i used the D-pad" or something along those lines.

and even close the DS top lid with your map open to press a symbol into the map (This one took a while for me to solve XD)
:lol lol i found that out completely by accident. After about 10 min of thinking what to do, I closed it to take a break, when i started to play again, i finally realized what it was trying to tell me.

Also, the plot, from what I've heard, sounds errily similar to "Wind Waker".
The only thing similar is that you go from island to island. Otherwise the only other similarity is that you have to save tetra, but that idea has been in almost every Zelda game.

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm not very good at Zelda games. I own every North American version of every Zelda game except for the five rare ones:

LCD:
Zelda Game Watch
Zelda Game & Watch

Philips CD-i:
Link: The Faces of Evil
Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon (You play as Zelda here, not Link)
Zelda's Adventure (You play as Zelda here too)

Yet so far, I've just beaten one- The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening for the Game Boy. But even that one took me a long time. Most of it was fairly easy, but dungeon seven was the killer for me. It was harder than the eighth one in my opinion. I got really close to beating Link to the Past for the SNES though. I was so close, just three more dungeons until I'd rescued all eight princesses. I watched my brother play Twilight Princess for the Wii- so I'm not even going to attempt that one! I mostly just collect the Zelda games these days because they're so popular. There is just something about that series that makes my head hurt sometimes. I'm doing great in T.E.S. IV: Oblivion, no problem there. Kingdom Heatrts II? I'm at the end of the game from playing it for the first time and I've only lost all my health once. But things like Majora's Mask- that has the opposite effect on me that headache medicine has, if you catch my drift. They seem to be so easy to everyone else here, and that's great. I'm really happy for everyone but I doubt many will be made again that I could finish. Now I just use them as displays for my room- a little Zelda theme makes a room look good. Now I still love Zelda games for two reasons: they are fun for me- to collect, and they are enjoyable- when I watch other people play them. I used to play them all the time- until I learned that I'm not cut out to beat most of them. So I am a Zelda game fan in every sense of the word- except when it comes to actually playing them.

My favorite one is Link's Awakening DX because of the bonus clothes toward the end and my least is Majora's Mask, because I find it even harder knowing I only have three days to solve a dungeon. Whether I play the inverted song of time to slow time down or not, I don't think as well when I'm being rushed. My favorite Zelda item is- please don't laugh- the Cane of Somaria (it's spelled something like that). I know that that is probably the stupidest item, but I enjoy using it the most. Swing it, rock appears, pick up the rock with power glove, then throw it at the enemy. It's just funnier to kill a guard by throwing stones at him than swinging the master sword after it has been tempered and thrown in that water to be turned to gold. If you haven't noticed yet, I've been talking about A Link to the Past for the SNES and now on the GBA. Out of all the spells, like quake, ether, bombos (ALTTP), din's fire, farore's wind, nayru's love (OOT), and so forth, I like ether the best since it is an attack that doesn't kill anyone. It just turns everyone to ice which can be smashed with a hammer to get your magic restored. So they all die AND you have your magic afterwards. That's the best spell in my opinion, if you have a hammer. My favorite sword is definately the biggoron sword, the huge double handed blade with more strength than the master sword. It is a small price to pay to not be able to wield a shield when I never seem to use one anyway. Right now, there is a Zelda game out in Japan that I am pretty confident that I can beat though. It's very different however. I don't think Link even shows up in it. It is an origin story of how one of Link's friends got to be the way he was- Tingle. I read that the battle style is uncomparable to Link's at all. It is for the DS and is called "Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosie Rupeeland." Yeah. I thought the same thing you're probably thinking when you just saw the title. But the story is funny and the gameplay seems fun. I like everything about Zelda except how much trouble I have with it. I watch youtube and go, "How did they figure that out?" or "How did he make that look so easy?" What makes it frustrating is the fact that everyone can breeze through it except me. Am I just a bad gamer, or are most Zelda players just really good? They are fun to play until I get stuck for weeks. That is why I like watching others play them. I can enjoy the gameplay without bringing it to a hault every hour. I acknowledge that Zelda games are wonderful and extremely popular everywhere, but most of them are just too hard for me. I think I'll wait for Tingle's DS debue so I might stand a chance. Until then, I'll be happy watching others. Later!