The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What are you watching?

Amaranthine · 1787 · 136140

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Bab'Aziz - The Prince Who Contemplated His Soul (Iran)

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
Dawn of the Dead - Dario Argento's European Cut (1979)

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
A Japanese film called Ran. It's an adaptation of King Lear and oh my... what a fantastic film! Many critics have even labeled it in the top ten best movies of all time.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The Futurama season finale for this year. It's called Reincarnation.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The Stone of Cold Fire. :smile Watching it as I pack up my room and attempt to organize my books for the move. :p

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Waluigifan

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.waluigi.de
"The Legend Of The Titanic"
The most hated movie on the GOF. Yeah, I just watched it! I've watched this movie with my friends when I was younger and everyone liked it.
I admit it: This movie does have many flaws. But there are also positive things: I like the animation very much even though the producers made use of computer animations (which are unnecessary in my opinion, but they are somehow well-made) and the soundtrack is great! The German voice actors are very good (and they're also well-known), but the lip syncing is absolutely terrible (some characters speak for almost a minute without moving their lips, I don't know if it's just the German version or if the lip syncing is terrible in general).

When I watched this movie as a kid, I already knew about the true story of the Titanic, so I knew that it is untrue that everyone survived and so on. I recommend to watch this movie only if you know the true story behind the Titanic, otherwise the kids could believe the story of the Titanic portrayed in this film. I don't find this (overly) happy end too bad since it's a kids movie. But I don't get how the mouse who connected the wires survived. I really don't get it, this is a BIG plot hole.

I don't get into details when it comes to the story, for me it is absolutely unbelievable, but it is a kids movie, so I accept it. I know there are many people who absolutely hate this movie, but all they are referring to is the stupid story and they forget about the good animation and the good soundtrack and the good atmosphere which comes from this movie. Also I liked the main character, he is someone you can identify with.

When I was a kid, I was very impressed by this movie. Now I'm a bit disappointed due to the story, but I got my childhood memories back!
I would give it a 6 out of 10.

By the way: The picture quality was very good. The movie looked good even on a full HD television.