The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Award voting 2007

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Here are the nominees:

Best Role Player Award: Threehorn. I think he's contributed a lot to the role playing section of the GOF.

Friendliest Member Award: Tough call here. Everyone here is nice and friendly. This category should be nonexistent. XD But even there has to be a cream of the crop, eh? Really, tough call! I narrowed it down between Keni, Littlefoot Fan, DarkHououmon (I can understand why you didn't choose me as friendliest member because 1. You've known Keni longer than me, and 2. I guess my first review on your OOT2 that contribute to that decision, which I sincerely apologize. Maybe I'll get on your good side next year.) and Littlefoot1616. In the end I choose...Keni! He's basically like talking to another you. Fun to talk with, and a very understanding guy. He and I share a lot in common like we both love Nintendo and he's the only guy I've met that actually knows who the Mystical Ninja Goemon is. XD I seriously could not make up my mind! I pratically pulling my hair out! Anywho, Keni is who I choose.  

Land Before Time Projects Award: Without a doubt the lovely and talented DarkHououmon. Her work on the LBT MV were so awesome! I forgot the name of one, but I think it celebrated 19 years of the series, but I loved it. My mailbox explodes on a regular bases from all the movies she makes. She is very talented and totally deserves that award!  ;)

Feedback Award: Probably to Matle. He always gives helpful advice to the users and is not one to put someone down for his or her work.

Fanart: Malte as well. Contributes a lot of great art to the board...and I think he contributes the most...at least I think.

Gamer: I admit defeat to Littefoot Fan. He always had an answer ready whenever we played a game.

Newest Member Novaflare. Despite the slightly rough start we had, I think you're cool. Like your 3-D Chomper pics. Like Stich said, you've done so much in so little time.

Philosopher: Also to Malte. A very smart guy with a lot of great things to say.

Helpful: I'll give it to Action9000. Always willing to lend a hand around here.

Proactive: Ratiasu. I agree with what Stich said. Breed a lot of new life into the characters discussion.

Well, those are my votes. I wish everyone the best of luck.

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
From the results, it appears that my selection is now eligible, so:

Fanart: WeissEdelweiss.  She is a true master with photoshop.

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
All right I'm gonna give my best shot with this I really don't know to many people here that well. But I'll give it my best shot.

Best Role Player Award: I think I'm gonna say Threehorn for this one. He is always contributing in roleplays and coming up with great roleplay ideas.

Land Before Time Projects Award: DarkHououmon! I have seen a few of her videos and they're amazing.

Feedback Award: Malte. I always see him giving feedback to other people about their work. He never has anything bad to say about anyone's work.

Gamer: I'd have to say Lain EX for this one. I'm always seeing another game that he's participating in in the gaming section.

Newest Member:Novaflare he's really new but in his short time accomplished so much on this site.

Philosopher: I'm gonna vote for Malte on this one. It seems like he is always having elaborate conversations about many of the LBT characters.

Sorry the others were extremely hard for me.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
The land before time philosopher award is meant for those whose posts on LBT matters (or should that be LBT and general matters, e.g. threads in the after midnight section?) which are perceived as particularly well elaborated, convincing, and triggering discussions.

"Philosopher"
"Philosopher" at Wikipedia.

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Apr 27 2007 on  03:12 AM
The land before time philosopher award is meant for those whose posts on LBT matters (or should that be LBT and general matters, e.g. threads in the after midnight section?) which are perceived as particularly well elaborated, convincing, and triggering discussions.
"Philosopher"
"Philosopher" at Wikipedia.
Oh thanks for finding me that Malte. :)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
**UPDATE**

According to the existing rules of the award voting it is impossible for any person to vote or be elected for an award unless that person already posted 100 messages in the GOF. In case of the fanart and the projects award however this rule is proving unfitting. Several contributors of some of the most splendid fanart in the GOF, namely WeisseEdelweiss, Akiko, and Ryuukokoro, didn’t reach their 100th post yet. The admins agree that the number of posts doesn’t say anything about the quality of fanart or projects created by members of the GOF. We therefore agreed to change the rules for the Fanart Award and the Projects Award:

Members with less than 100 posts may be elected for the Fanart Award and the Projects Award (not for any of the other awards however).
Just like everybody else people with less than a 100 posts who are suggested for the Fanart- or the Projects Award have to cast their votes if they want to receive the awards they have been suggested for. In this particular case they may vote even though they did not reach their 100th post. The voting rules are the same as for everybody else.

As these amendments to the voting rules were added during the voting itself the voting time will be prolonged for two weeks from the public posting of these rules in order to make sure that those who become entitled to rule through these amendments have the same time to cast their votes as everybody else.
People who already cast their fanart and project award votes and would have voted for one of the candidates who become eligible through this change of rules had it not been for the earlier rules prohibiting them from doing so may revoke their earlier vote if they feel that one of the newly eligible candidates deserves it better. A vote can only be revoked on the behalf of one of the newly eligible candidates.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If anyone wishes to change their vote for fanart or projects because they were not originally eligible, please make your changes known as soon as possible.  Do NOT edit your original post....just add a new post to this thread saying that you'd like to choose someone else if that's your wish.  Its just more work for us with all the tallies.  Thanks.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
In accordance with the amendment to the rules my vote for the Fanart Award goes to Akiko. In her colored pencil drawing Akiko took great care to create smooth surfaces (using several layers of color if I'm not very mistaken). What I find particularly worth of credit is the great care she took to draw facial expressions so some of her drawings not just show characters but invite to think of own stories on what is actually happening and why the characters looking the way they do (revealing their emotions). Akiko's fanart is not just limited to pencil and colored pencil drawings, she posted a set of LBT Icons she did. A very sparcely explored field of fanart. For all this my vote for the Fanart Award goes to her.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
New Member Award: Novaflare. He only recently joined, and yet has already accomplished so much. There isn't much I can say about him that has not already been stated.

Most Helpful Member Award: Malte279. He's a nice guy, very approachable, who is willing to give help if asked for it.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Voting Results as of 5/7/07  3:07pm

Role Player

Threehorn - 6
Nick22 - 1

Fanart

Malte279 - 5
WeissEdelweiss - 2
Threehorn - 1
Akiko - 1

Feedback

Malte279 - 8
Petrie - 3

Friendliest

KingdomKey21 - 3
Littlefoot1616 - 2
Keni - 2
Littlefoot Fan - 1
action9000 - 1
Cyberlizard - 1
Petrie - 1

Gamer

Littlefoot Fan - 3
Lain-EX - 3
KingdomKey21 - 1

Philosopher

DarkHououmon - 5
Malte279 - 5
action9000 - 1

Helpful

action9000 - 7
DarkHououmon - 1
novaflare - 1
Malte279 - 1

novaflare - 9
noname - 1
KingdomKey21 - 1
Ratiasu - 1

Proactive

Ratiasu - 5
action9000 - 1
novaflare - 1

LBT Projects

DarkHououmon - 8
Pokeplayer984 - 2
action9000 - 2

To all: All votes must be in by 5/15/07, 10:59pm EST.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
I'm going to add this little tidbit of an update since I see a couple of categories have ties at the moment.

Last year when we did this, the unofficial rule (because there were no ties) was if there was a tie, I would be the tiebreaker.  How it works:

- If my vote was for one of the members locked into a tie at 10:59pm on the 15th, that person automatically will have the tiebreaking vote.

- If my vote was not for one of the members locked into a tie at 10:59pm on the 15th, I would make a decision between the the members by 11:10pm that night which one gets the vote.

--------------------------------------------------------------

EXAMPLE:

Currently Malte and DarkHououmon are tied for the LBT Philosopher.  If it were to end now, DH would win because I put her down for my philosopher vote way back on April 21st.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I would like to change my vote for the "Proactive Award" to Darkhououmon.
After a conversation with her today about the RPG forum, I want to award this to her because of her concerns about overly controlling RPG creators and players.  She suggested to me about setting up new rules for the RPG forum, which I believe will help keep the RPG forums more enjoyable for all. Without her, I could have never known about the issues going on in the RPG forum, which I will deal with right away.  Thanks, Darkhououmon. B)

Due to this change, the latest update to the scores (May 9, 3:25 pm MST)

Role Player

Threehorn - 6
Nick22 - 1

Fanart

Malte279 - 5
WeissEdelweiss - 2
Threehorn - 1
Akiko - 1

Feedback

Malte279 - 8
Petrie - 3

Friendliest

KingdomKey21 - 3
Littlefoot1616 - 2
Keni - 2
Littlefoot Fan - 1
action9000 - 1
Cyberlizard - 1
Petrie - 1

Gamer

Littlefoot Fan - 3
Lain-EX - 3
KingdomKey21 - 1

Philosopher

DarkHououmon - 5
Malte279 - 5
action9000 - 1

Helpful

action9000 - 7
DarkHououmon - 1
novaflare - 1
Malte279 - 1

novaflare - 9
noname - 1
KingdomKey21 - 1
Ratiasu - 1

Proactive

Ratiasu - 4
action9000 - 1
novaflare - 1
Darkhououmon - 1

LBT Projects

DarkHououmon - 8
Pokeplayer984 - 2
action9000 - 2

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
After all the repeated notions of how difficult it was to decide in case of awards I already voted on I must still say that the Philosopher Award was the most difficult and while the award must go to one there are several names which should be mentioned in this context. Ratiasu was not just a contributor in several, but also a starter of one thread which developed into what I think deserves to be labelled as an interesting and high level discussion exploring elements of LBT (Pachycephalosaur (Pachycephalosaurus, Ever notice?). The notorious LBT 10 thread was also continued with very interesting contributions from pokeplayer984, action9000, and probably most noticeable DarkHououmon who proved a very good observer, a great debater, and a diligent writer. My mind about LBT 10 hasn’t changed, but that was for shortcomings of the movie itself, certainly not of those who don’t share my negative view on the movie. Another point in DarkHououmon’s favor is her readiness to take the toil of involving pictures in her discussion posts; pictures which contribute to get the discussion on.
We should also notice action9000’s contributions to the character discussion board.
Akiko cannot be elected for this award due to her post count, but her illustrated thread Dinosaur Families, Maybe I’m just fanatical is another one of those really interesting threads posted here in recent times. Keep going Akiko :)
Finally I must confess that in case of this award vain me also thought of himself. The Philosopher Award is the one which I personally value especially high and I would be a liar if I denied having posted some of the philosophic stuff of the Gang of Five myself.
I’m not going to take the path of the dark side of the force and vote for myself. ;)  
For the reasons given above my vote for the Philosopher’s Award goes to DarkHououmon.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Closing time for the award voting is drawing nearer. Here is the list of all the members entitled to vote and the votes we hope them to cast before the end of the voting respectively the notion that they cast all their votes.

action9000 (cast all votes :))
Akiko (cast no votes so far)
Cyberlizard (cast no votes so far)
DarkHououmon (Proactive and Gamer Award)
Dash The Longneck (Friendliest, Most Helpful, Fanart, and Proactive)
F-14 Ace (cast no votes so far)
f-22 “raptor” ace (cast no votes so far)
JojotheIncredible (cast no votes so far)
Keni (cast no votes so far)
KingdomKey23 (cast all votes :))
Lain_EX (Most Helpful, Fanart, Proactive, Gamer, Role Play Game, Feedback)
Littlefoot Fan (cast no votes so far)
Littlefoot1616 (cast all votes :))
Malte279 (cast all votes :))
Megatoph (cast no votes so far)
Mirumoto_Kenjiro (cast no votes so far)
NewOrder (cast no votes so far)
Nick22 (Friendly, Most Helpful, Fanart, Project, Proactive, Gamer, Philosopher, Feedback, New Member)
Noname (cast no votes so far)
novaflare (cast all votes :))
Petrie (cast all votes :))
pokeplayer984 (cast no votes so far)
Raptor (cast no votes so far)
Ratiasu (cast all votes :))
Stitch (cast all votes :))
Threehorn (cast all votes :))
WeirdRaptor (cast no votes so far)
WeisseEdelweiss (cast no votes so far)

According to the rules only members who cast at least 8 votes may receive an award (so you may skip two awards in case you really, really can't decide whom to give your vote). At the moment Littlefoot Fan and Lain_Ex received the same number of votes (with Littlefoot Fan having the tie braking vote from Petrie). Neither of them cast all their votes though, so if the voting was to end right now the award would go to Kingdomkey23 who cast all his votes.
We hope for as many members as possible to take their chance and cast as many votes as possible (there are several other members who may yet win an award with just a few more votes but who would not receive it as they didn't vote themselves).

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
OK. I'll cast my last votes.

My vote for the best Fanart goes to Malte279. He impressed me by his way of drawing LBT chars and inspired me to make my own. Thnx!

I've finally decided who I'm voting for the best gamer: Littlefoot Fan. I admit he's really active in the Party Room section. Even if I fall in defeat against him I'll hold no grudges.

My vote for the RPG player goes to Threehorn. As a matter of fact, I don't get exacly into the RPGs, but I've seen the numerous replies he made there.

My vote for the most helpful goes to action9000. If you ask me, he often helps other members with some stuff.

My vote for the Feedback goes to Malte279. I really thank him for the suggestions for improving my drawing. Again, thnx!

I really can't decide whom to vote for the Proactive member, so I'll pass this one.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Sorry that I'm really late guys. :p Kept putting it off, so I decided to just get it done tonight. And I did, so here they are!

Friendliest Member: My vote goes to Cyberlizard. Very easy-going, and just all around fun to chat with. I felt this was a rather awkward vote, as I know so many great people from this website.

Most Helpful Member: Definitely Action9000. Recording those LBT tv shows was just so helpful to us who didn't have access to YTV, and I thank him greatly for taking the time to do so.

Best Role Play Gamer: Sorry, but I don't even have the slightest idea as to who to vote for. I've never read a single roleplay on this site through-out my entire time here (except for just a few random posts), so I can't vote for this one.

Land Before Time Philosopher: I think Noname deserves this award. I've read his posts on the movies and tv series and what-not, and I'm just still baffled at how deeply he looks into things.

New Member: I vote for novaflare. He's posted a great deal from since the time he's joined, and just seemed to "join the crowd" fairly quickly.

Most Proactive Member: I'm not really sure about this award. I'm still unsure about what it means exactly (The only thing that comes to mind are those who made good suggestions for this board, in which case, I can't think of a single person). I think I'm just gonna have to sit this one out.

Best Fanart: No doubt my vote goes to Malte. His LBT sculptures are a great alternative to the traditional drawings, and I just think he did a wonderful job on them. Not to mention the amount of work he described in putting into them.

LBT Projects: Action9000 100%. Recreating those LBT songs from scratch, I can't even imagine the time and devotion it must take. I see real potential in this guy, and I hope someday he'll make it to the top.

Best Gamer: I must make this a tie once again and vote for Lain_Ex. :P: I constantly see posts by him in the Party Room, even in the much newer games that are rather difficult and require quite a bit of thought.

Best Feedback: I pick Malte. He seems to give the most feedback on fanart, as well as great constructive criticism. I wasn't 100% sure on this award, as I barely read any of the fanart topics on this forum.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I noticed landbeforetimelover too has meanwhile passed his 100th post and is therefore entitled to cast his vote. There are just a few days left as the voting will end on May 15th.

While there is no obligation to cast your votes we still hope that as many active members as possible will still cast there votes. While some of those entitled to voted have not been around for a long while and are unlikely to cast their votes before the closing time there are still several of our very active and posting members who didn't cast any votes yet, some of whom received votes for one or several awards.
Three members cast some, but not all of their votes, DarkHououmon, Dash The Longneck, and Nick22.  
The voting is not yet over and the more people participate the better. Please cast your votes active members of the Gang of Five :yes

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
New Member, Novaflare. I think he's done a heck of a lot for this bosard in a short time.
Artwork. I'll go with Weissedelweisse(sp).
Most Helpful.. I'll go with malte, he's always there to answer a question.
Most Proactive- Petrie. this kinda goes without saying..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Projects -darkhououmon. she's always working on some sort of project.
Friendly...all of you are friendly, but since I have to pick someone I'll go with Dash the Longneck. He knows how to play RPGs, that's for sure..
LBT Philosopher-NoName, your posts are DEEP ,man. I'm the type of guy who posts about anything that comes into my head, I usually don't post really long posts,full of detail. ICan, but Noname does it all the time..
Gamer- I keep myself to the Brain Food room, so I don't play in the Party Room much.. but I have to pick someone so I'll go with Lain Ex.
Feedback- malte, he's always good for comments and questions you ask him..
 i think thats all the catergories..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx