The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Worse Movie You Have Ever Seen

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Birth of a Nation.
Oh my gosh, that movie is more like a historical source  :lol:
Indeed I did watch it for academic purposes. From the technical aspects the movie was setting new standards at its time. There hadn't been any such long evening filling movie before. The big battle scenes in the movie were almost revolutionary at the time of the movie's production.
The political message of that movie (which was first meant to be named "The clansman") is of course ABSOLUTELY INTOLERABLE today (and it would reflect better on those days if back then it had been more questioned as well). The movie is basically a commercial for the KKK with a lot of racist and pro-southern stereotypes. The way things are presented in the movie one might be misled to think that John Wilkes Booth was an abolitionist.
Really, an interesting historical source, but a propaganda movie which ought not to be watched for entertainment by anyone who doesn't know about the historical truth.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Starcrash is by far the worst movie EVER! David Hasslehoff is in it. Enough said.

here is the link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079946/

Zenoah

• Spike
    • View Profile
It would have to be Doogal.
I dont know why I wanted to see it, but me and a friend went ahead and saw it. I know it was a french(?) film to begin with, but they could have tried A LOT harder to match the mouth flaps...it was like watching badly dubbed anime...

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: mcr mad,Jan 30 2008 on  04:21 PM
most of the land before time sequal's - only one i liked were 2,3 and 4 the rest were ballock's
 :blink:  :blink:  :blink:.  Ya mean ya don't like the sequels :o?  Everyone has their opinion, but what LBT fan could'nt like the sequels??  I mean, sequels never measure up to the original, but LBT is good entertainment and the sequels leave many opportunities for discussions  fans like us can discuss here ;).  Some tend to bash LBT on how the sequels have seemingly decreased in both violence and suspense.  Yeah, I LOVE a good psycho-slasher film.  However, I also love LBT for it's messages and relatively peaceful way of approaching everyday life issues.  

Off my soapbox now :rolleyes:, and back to topic.  It seems when a movie is created from an existing television series, it's horrible.  I could'nt stand the Rugrats movies :x.  Don't know why, but I've always liked the series but hated the movies :huh:.  An animated movie I hated was Antz.  An animated film with significantly suggestive themes and more-than-mild profanity got on my nerves <_<.  While I do not support censorship except on the GOF, this was too much for a kid's film.

WeirdRaptor, I agree with ya on Jeepers Creepers.  This movie had a lot of potential as far as the storyline was concerned, but the last half-hour of it just butchered all hopes of it becoming a blockbuster -_-.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Ya mean ya don't like the sequels ? Everyone has their opinion, but what LBT fan could'nt like the sequels??

I'm not a fan of them either. ^^

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Mar 2 2008 on  07:46 AM
:blink: :blink: :blink:. Ya mean ya don't like the sequels :o? Everyone has their opinion, but what LBT fan could'nt like the sequels?? I mean, sequels never measure up to the original, but LBT is good entertainment and the sequels leave many opportunities for discussions fans like us can discuss here ;). Some tend to bash LBT on how the sequels have seemingly decreased in both violence and suspense. Yeah, I LOVE a good psycho-slasher film. However, I also love LBT for it's messages and relatively peaceful way of approaching everyday life issues.
I don't like the sequels that much myself. I used to like them more when I was younger though. The reason why my interest in them decreased overtime is that there's just too many of them, in my opinion. And I don't like what they're doing to the sharpteeth. And I'm getting tired of the songs. No offense or anything.

It seems when a movie is created from an existing television series, it's horrible. I could'nt stand the Rugrats movies

I only loved the first Rugrats movie. Suspenseful, I liked the animation, I liked the wolf (although it was horribly deformed), and was somewhat darker than what I'm used to with the Rugrats. If it weren't for that movie I probably would not have strived to improve my fanfiction.

I didn't like the second movie because it focused too much on romance. And the third one I kind of liked because it was a crossover and I liked the idea of Spike talking, and I liked Siri. But that's all I liked about it.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Jan 7 2005 on  10:43 PM
"Garfield: The Movie", for starters. It doesn't do the original comic, or even the cartoon TV show any justice. It really wouldn't be that hard to ge a Garfield movie right. They did it all the time with animated features, bu they seriously messed up this new live-action feature. It just did no justice to the comic to the point where it was just ridiculous.

Problems with the movie:

1. John not geeky, whiney, or desperate enough.
2. Odie not stupid enough.
3. Nermal not annoying enough.
4. Who the heck was that big dog that chases Garfield? I don't remember any particular dog that did that in the comics.
5. Garfield not in control enough. Since did does John throw Garfield outside without suffering greatly moments later?
6. Garfield not mean enough. Come on! Leaving Odie out in the cold is nothing the real Garfield would be openly bothered about. Sure, he's do the right thing in the end, but he'd not get all teary like he was in the pound.
7. Garfield not intelligent enough. This cat could think circles around the villain they had for the movie. Heck, in comic format, the villain would have been more intelligent, himself, just to make sure that the real Garfield didn't think circles around him.
8. Garfield not cool enough. COME ON! When the real Garfield wants to be cool, there's no topping him!
9. The heck?! Garfield=afraid of dogs???? Um, since when?
10. No Irma.
11. The vet not mean enough. Since when was she EVER nice to John?
12. They should have put quotes right from the comics in there. The jokes and one-liners they made up just didn't do the trick.
May I add to this list?

13. Nermal not "cute" enough. He isn't even a kitten!
14. Arlene isn't pink and tall...and does not have a gap in her teeth.
15. Garfeild does not bully dogs
16. No Lyman...but...that doesn't really count since he hasn't been seeing in ages.

Loofah

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I think the worst movie I have ever seen was August Underground! :mad

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Worst movie I have ever seen? Probably Garfield.  I didn't really like that movie at all in fact I thought it sucked and I'm pretty easy to please.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
While I will admit the Garfield movie was a major letdown in EVERY sense of the word, and had nothing that I remember from the comics about it at all. (And believe me, I collected the comic books for several years!)

and @ DH...They had a THIRD Rugrats movie...how did I miss that one?

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I didn't like the garfield movie either, it just wasn't the same as the old comics i read all the time, so it didn't catch my interest much.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
When I saw the previews I knew it would not do well since the old time fans would not like the movie.  That is one thing you have to always take into account, is if something has old time fans you can not alienate them.

mcr mad

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Mar 2 2008 on  01:49 PM
Ya mean ya don't like the sequels ? Everyone has their opinion, but what LBT fan could'nt like the sequels??

I'm not a fan of them either. ^^
i glad to see someone who hate the sequels to, i mean i love the first one & the first few sequels but the rest were s***

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
Manos: The hands of fate. A movie in which they forgot to put in the opening credits, a major character's actor was on LSD the entire time, almost nothing happens in the plot, and there is no resolution to anything.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
Quote from: Noname,Mar 15 2008 on  11:30 AM
Manos: The hands of fate. A movie in which they forgot to put in the opening credits, a major character's actor was on LSD the entire time, almost nothing happens in the plot, and there is no resolution to anything.
you beat me to it!

It twas also a MST3K classic. Also where my fastbiter character Torgo was inspired...

Torgo FTW!

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
Worst movieI ever saw...  Hmm... Let's see.  "See No Evil" was pretty bad.  It was suppose to be a horror movie but it was full of the classic horror cliches, lame plot, stupid characters, and a bunch of other junk I don't feel like mentioning.  

Then again, Happily N'ever After. was also pretty bad.  To me, it seemed like a lame ripoff of Shrek.
Happily N'ever After= fail.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Another one I never added to my list: Dinosaur.  While the animation was gorgeous and there were some funny one-liners, this seemed like nothing but a big Disney rip-off of LBT :angry:.  Sorry, crooks, but LBT will never be matched.  Long live LBT!
I'm going out to see Shutter tonight.  Dunno, The Ring and The Grudge sucked in my opinion.  Hopefully Shutter will fare way better.