The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The new trailer for Sonic The Hedgehog Movie

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
What are your thoughts on his new design? It resembles much closer to his actual game design and he’s very adorable in my opinion. :)

New release date for the movie is February 14, 2020.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=szby7ZHLnkA

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
I was feeling kinda 'eh' about this movie when the first trailer came out, and this new trailer doesn't really change my stance on that. I do agree Sonic's design is much cuter this time around, and overall an improvement.

That said, if I do end up seeing the movie, Jim Carrey as Robotnik would probably be the main draw. Possibly the only draw. :p
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 04:18:37 AM by StardustSoldier »

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
New redesign doesn't look you want to kill it with fire. Still a bit apprehensive on the movie (it is a video game movie after all), but the studio has definitely gained back some trust from fans. This would have been nothing but a meme film had they stuck with the original Sonic from the first trailer.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah, he's no longer an abomination and looks actually quite good. The issue still stands on whether the movie will be any good though and I'm highly doubtful that it will be. I might now give this movie a shot at some point and I do respect that they even decided to go back and remodel Sonic in the first place.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I saw this and was quite pleased! Hopefully this sets a precedent where fans are actually listened to on future projects that start to move in a direction they could not want less.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I want to add how much more the Sonic of this design reflects the energetic and silly personality that is present in previous Sonic installments (I presume.) I also notice that some of the scenes that were seen from the original trailer was actually reshot, (with different cloths the human is wearing as evidence in some parts). And lastly, I thought it was nice how they replaced the opening line for Sonic as well in the beginning. “Gotta go fast” sounds so forced, to “I’m Sonic. A little ball of super energy, in an extremely handsome package.” This sounds much more in tune and in character for me. :)

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The release date is coming closer. Is there anyone who will be going to see it?

I'll admit I'm still not super enthusiastic, but at the same time I am kinda curious. If anyone else here is going to see it, then I might check it out as well so we could exchange thoughts.
:)littlefoot

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
The release date is coming closer. Is there anyone who will be going to see it?

I'll admit I'm still not super enthusiastic, but at the same time I am kinda curious. If anyone else here is going to see it, then I might check it out as well so we could exchange thoughts.
:)littlefoot
I'm out. I am so done with adaptations of works that take place in another world coming to our world. I will not support this lazy practice. Next thing you know there'll be "Dark Crystal" Gelflings in New York during "Age of Resistance" Season 2.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well as I said, I don't have high expectations, but it might still be entertaining and worth some cheap laughs. :p Plus, Jim Carrey as Robotnik.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah I'm still not sure if I'll go see it or not. Half of me wants to not give them money but the other half wants to go and watch to see what a potential wreck it will be  :PCera
It at least seems to be actually watchable now with the new Sonic redesign.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I won't likely see it in theaters. I think Twitter can compile the best and worst of the memes for me. :p
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Baby Sonic the Hedgehog revealed in a new Japanese trailer? Cuteness overload! :duckyhappy

Spoiler: ShowHide

Main Article
YouTube Japanese Trailer

And yeah, I know I'm three weeks late to this. :p

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Will you be seeing it, @ImpracticalDino?

Yeah, but probably at a later date. Like I’ve mentioned already, I don’t really watch movies at all, and if I do, it’s on the internet or on TV. I’ve only been in a move theatre just two times in 2019, and pretty much zero times for the precedent years.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile